Ball Squirt

• 59 Replies

smurfblade1988

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2015, 09:54:11 AM »
Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe you are not the majority? Maybe the majority is just happy as it is - squirt and all.
I meant im in the majority that doesn want the game to be harder.

Its a very small proportion tat wants d game to be more difficult. And coincidently 99% of that crowd cant compete at the top end of the game anyways. For most its jus a way to level the playin field.

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
See - wanting the game in total to be more difficult and wanting a more complex mode taking into account more real world variables are two very different things. The difficulty is a consequence - not a goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stan_solo

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2015, 10:32:27 AM »
I'm not an elite player,not even a good one but I knock a ball around with a few mates and have a laugh.
I don't know or even notice ball squirt when I'm playing,I just think, I've slightly pulled/pushed my shot and move on.
Reading about it on the forum has made me aware and now I find myself cursing the screen a lot more.

What I'm saying is...It's only the minority that are aware it exists.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
I'm not an elite player,not even a good one but I knock a ball around with a few mates and have a laugh.
I don't know or even notice ball squirt when I'm playing,I just think, I've slightly pulled/pushed my shot and move on.
Reading about it on the forum has made me aware and now I find myself cursing the screen a lot more.

To be honest its only the gud players that notice it all the time. Its when u hav executed a shot very well and get thrown up to 10 yards offline through fault of ur own alot durin a rnd its starts gettin very frustrating.

Elz_41

• GroupMember
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2015, 11:11:40 AM »

To be honest its only the gud players that notice it all the time. Its when u hav executed a shot very well and get thrown up to 10 yards offline through fault of ur own alot durin a rnd its starts gettin very frustrating.

I'd like to preface my post by saying that I am a 'believer' in ball-squirt and now that I notice it find it annoying.

I just have one question about it, and am interested in all your opinions. If it is such a 'random' problem. How come the top players over on TGCTours for example have always been the same.

If ball squirt is random surely it would affect the top players and we'd see more players finishing at the top of leaderboards etc. Do the best players know how to deal with it? Do they even get it?

I hope you get where I'm going with this. Interested in your thoughts?
Co-Host of TGCTLive! www.twitch.tv/tgctlive

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
Elz what I've seen is that the "top" players can putt like crazy. if their pall is pushed offline a bit they can still score on or around the green.

*shrug* I also see them "work" the ball more with the sliders. I'm curious to know if using shot shaping counteracts some of the built in "squirt"
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

HunterofVeritas

• I slice 95% of my hooks.
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »
We'd all be better off if we could get some information from someone who writes the code.  I don't care for speculation, even though what we have now amounts to precisely that. 

• How does it work?
  • What percentages (what decimal is used in the physics calculations as "variance")?
  • When is it used?  Is it a percentage of the time (some small fraction of swings)?
  • Or, only after certain metrics are met, like so many consecutive "straight" shots?
  • What about wind gusts?  Did they put a random variable into the ball physics to attempt to simulate that?

Answers to these questions would remove doubt and possibly even give a person a reason for why they were affected by such a "random" variable.  Perhaps it would give us something to hang our hats on, so we could move to more important updates/ bug fixes. 

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2015, 11:47:31 AM »
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfblade1988

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
We'd all be better off if we could get some information from someone who writes the code.  I don't care for speculation, even though what we have now amounts to precisely that. 

• How does it work?
  • What percentages (what decimal is used in the physics calculations as "variance")?
  • When is it used?  Is it a percentage of the time (some small fraction of swings)?
  • Or, only after certain metrics are met, like so many consecutive "straight" shots?
  • What about wind gusts?  Did they put a random variable into the ball physics to attempt to simulate that?

Answers to these questions would remove doubt and possibly even give a person a reason for why they were affected by such a "random" variable.  Perhaps it would give us something to hang our hats on, so we could move to more important updates/ bug fixes.
Hey, we finally agree on something...lol

smurfblade1988

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »

I'd like to preface my post by saying that I am a 'believer' in ball-squirt and now that I notice it find it annoying.

I just have one question about it, and am interested in all your opinions. If it is such a 'random' problem. How come the top players over on TGCTours for example have always been the same.

If ball squirt is random surely it would affect the top players and we'd see more players finishing at the top of leaderboards etc. Do the best players know how to deal with it? Do they even get it?

I hope you get where I'm going with this. Interested in your thoughts?
Reeb summed it up pretty well. The thing tat makes the "top" players the best is they can recover from it better than most. However, AK on stream said at 1st it only affected straight shooter...then he said it wasn workin as intended.

So basically its a bug.

Over the last 2 days or so the squirts hav been non existent for me and others on ps4. Im hopin HB hav removed the bug.

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2015, 12:45:43 PM »
How Can They remove it without a Update,or is it built into the server somehow.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2015, 12:46:34 PM »
It must be a server thing Yeltz. Its definetly been gone for the last 2 days.

stan_solo

« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2015, 06:03:11 PM »

Then surely Smurf,one of the devs would have posted something, considering the long debate over squirting.
Seems a bit odd to me  ???
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:05:42 PM by stan_solo »

smurfblade1988

« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2015, 06:10:33 PM »

Then surely Smurf,one of the devs would have posted something, considering the long debate over squirting.
Seems a bit odd to me  ???
You'd think so wudn u. We havnt heard a peep on here since Anthony 1st told us they put it in the game a few months back.

Hopefully we get some kind of explanation as to whats happenin wit it. Were well overdue a QnA livestream wit Anthony. He might hav a cold this week though.

bob5453

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2015, 06:19:39 PM »
I imagine the devs are working on other projects while waiting for this update to be released for the last 3 weeks and Anthony is probably using this time for comp time. So, he's not hiding, he's just relaxing on his couch. :)
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

space-cash