Scale and Rotate Brush with CTRL and ALT not working in latest update

• 14 Replies

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« on: September 17, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »
Unless I'm doing something wrong I can't get the brushes to scale or rotate with mouse/keyboard.  It's the only way I design, keyboard/mouse.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

TheFamousMrKlaw

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 06:11:14 PM »
Same here.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 06:23:01 PM »
nice to confirm, terrible it happened! 

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
Seems to work for me.  Hold control and use the mouse wheel to scale the brush.  Hold Alt and use the mouse wheel to rotate.

statto

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 01:02:46 AM »
I can confirm I am having the same problem.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 01:05:12 AM »
It's working, but you have to click the brush you want to select with the mouse, simply pressing Enter does not work anymore.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 10:25:35 AM »
ok as mentioned above...it does work...but honestly it's quite backwards from what you'd expect.  And honestly a bit confusing.

So you open the fairway brush panel...now we have a nice grid of brushes, great.  Then we can use the ASDW keys to move around, great.  The brush changes while we do so...great.  We can lay down the brush with a left click of the mouse at this point...great.  But here comes the strange part.....to actually engage some of the features shown on the left panel we now have to click on that brush..finding it in the menu and click it so we can ALT and CTRL scale/rotate the brush that was quote already active.  Nope...terrible UX.  sorry.

I would rather have to left click the brush everytime to get ANY of the features to be active then this.  But since we obviously can make the brush active as we scroll through them...let's make EVERY feature we have on the left panel ACTIVE at the same time.  Fire those other functions too please.

At least we don't have to wait for a hotfix to design this weekend...but I do think you should seriously consider changing this UX before people get to use to what I consider backwards and misleading...

While we are at it, is there some sort of limitation why we don't have RB to toggle through brush panels?  No idea why LB is all we have...and now have to LOOP through if we miss a panel.  One way streets are great for traffic...not UX :)  Probably an array of sorts that isn't easily traversable?

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

HB_Paul

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2015, 02:11:41 PM »
It's working, but you have to click the brush you want to select with the mouse, simply pressing Enter does not work anymore.

You've always had to click on the icon to select the brush you want.

Not being able to rotate/scale with the mouse/kb was something I missed.  I have a fix for it and it should be included in a patch for the PC that will come out soon. 

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2015, 02:14:10 PM »

Not being able to rotate/scale with the mouse/kb was something I missed.  I have a fix for it and it should be included in a patch for the PC that will come out soon.

Great to hear it can be/is addressed and not some programming limitation. 

Just first blush wasn't intuitive for me as the other functions seemed to work while scrubbing to different brushes...that's why I immediately thought (and others it seems) thought something was wrong.

Thank you sir!

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »
That reads promissing Paul.
Chris

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2015, 02:46:49 PM »

to be clear Paul, what would be best for the user IMO would have the rotate and scale feature available without clicking on the brush.  When using the ASDW keys to move around in the new grid it automatically selects that brush and you can immediately use it in the editor.  If you could also scale and rotate at that time it would be fantastic.  Having to click or press enter just adds another step that seems right now is not necessary on some functions of the brush grid.

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

PinHi

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
I too having a hard time getting the sculpt terrain brushes to work. Not like they were before update - almost makes GNCD useless. I can pick a brush but more often than not cannot get it to rotate or size - like it did before. Waste a lot of time trying to get it to work. Also tried to use the pine straw in a alpine course and when I choose spot and choose pine straw and click with mouse or hit enter only the sound like it activated but nothing happens. Hope this can be fixed like it was or my days and most of my TGC hours spent in designer are over. It will be time to move on! Hope not though. Fix the brushes - like they were!!!!!    ???

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 10:59:56 PM »
For these you 1st have to click the surface you want and then click again for the brush you want. Then it should work. At least does for me. Just follow the motto: Why easy, if there is a complicated method?
Chris

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »
What happens for me is that whenever I click the mouse button or press the ENTER key to select the brush I want, the GNCD applies the brush immediately at the spot on my course directly behind the brush selection tile.   This happens when I create surfaces and bunkers, and when I raise and flatten terrain.

So, I have to select my brush, press U to undo, then go about making the edit I want.  This did not happen before the latest update to GNCD.  I appreciate being able to see 12 brushes at once and the time savings in searching for the right brush, but having to go through this process is beyond frustrating.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 05:33:20 PM »
What happens for me is that whenever I click the mouse button or press the ENTER key to select the brush I want, the GNCD applies the brush immediately at the spot on my course directly behind the brush selection tile.   This happens when I create surfaces and bunkers, and when I raise and flatten terrain.

So, I have to select my brush, press U to undo, then go about making the edit I want.  This did not happen before the latest update to GNCD.  I appreciate being able to see 12 brushes at once and the time savings in searching for the right brush, but having to go through this process is beyond frustrating.

If your using a keyboard and mouse...you can click on sculpt or add/surface.  Once in that dialog you can begin to brush and sculpt right away with the click of the mouse.  If you however want to scale or rotate the brush you have highlighted you will have to click on that brush to fully activate it.  HB has mentioned that this was an oversight and should be fixed in the next update.

I'm not sure exactly what your saying when you press enter and such...sounds like your pressing enter when/where you don't want the brush to be active...user error.  click of the mouse button rather than ENTER is much preferred by me.  But to each their own...

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

space-cash