HB Community Design Tournament

• 721 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »
So here is what I am thinking so far.   Ideas subject to change as nothing has been set in stone yet.

- Build three holes at a time.  If you advance to the next round, you will then add on 3 more holes to your existing course.
- You can build in any theme, including DLC themes
- Matchups randomly set up for each round  (no seeding as that could influence someone's vote by just voting for the higher seed, 1 vs 16 for example)
- Voting will be done by a community vote in the forums, results will be hidden.  HB employees will get a double vote to create some extra weight.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »
TGCTLive! has just announced a new design contest, would be interesting to have two going on at once!
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=13048.0

Please stop spamming my thread.    ;D

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
    • TGCToursTV Twitch Channel
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2015, 01:57:28 PM »
HB vs. TGCTLive!- Round 1

FIGHT!

elgato71

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2015, 01:58:09 PM »
Don't  overcomplicate things..Keep the voting on the forums for the passionate individuals to decide..

elgato71

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »
Results should be hidden till the end of voting for that round & then revealed..I assume thats what you mean Keith..

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2015, 02:08:47 PM »
HB vs. TGCTLive!- Round 1

FIGHT!

Better prizes for the HB Design contest!

elgato71

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »
Have you thought of a creative prize yet? Something cool from HB Studios perhaps? How about a nice golf polo with the designers logo of his winning course..Would Anthony spring for that lol?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 02:21:13 PM »
Have you thought of a creative prize yet? Something cool from HB Studios perhaps? How about a nice golf polo with the designers logo of his winning course..Would Anthony spring for that lol?

The wheels are turning already.

I would prefer to set up a set schedule so everyone would know when exactly everything was happening.  So for example, you have 2 weeks to submit your course each time.  Is that too much or too little time?

Also, I would like to stream a play through of each course, of course playing the two opponents back to back.  Then do a results show for each round.

Possible schedule:
Round 1 starts on Friday and you have two weeks to publish your course so it would be due on a Friday.  The voting would then open on Saturday.
On Saturday, I do the play throughs on a live stream.
The voting closes on Wednesday at midnight EST
Thursday - the results show is streamed
Friday - the matchups show for the next round is streamed

ISAWTHAT

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »
Since there would only be one winning course that gets noticed and praised, the other designers would now be left with less than half a course, and since they did not win, would just trash all their hard work up to that point, or just half-ass the rest of their courses just to finish them.  I guess that's the chance/challenge one would take/accept.   

Alright!
XBOX GT:  SndFreak64

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Win or lose, hopefully everyone will build out their course and publish an 18 version.

elgato71

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2015, 02:41:55 PM »
The community has the opportunity to play the courses as we go right? We're not just watching you play them and then voting I hope..And I would think that lots of designers will get spotlighted and recognized along the way..And hey thats competition baby! Most men Love to compete, we thrive on it..I know I Won't  win  any of the golf tournaments I play in this game ,but I Love competing anyway..Challenge myself and strive to improve..

nickweis

• Go in Your Home!
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2015, 02:42:06 PM »
Sounds like you guys are onto something cool here
My Courses:
Red Rock National
The Links @ Inverness Point
Pine Park Lodge (9 hole)
Helena Island Estate (9 hole)
Grizzly Paw Golf Club
Killarney Golf and Country Club
The Great Northern G&CC
The Links of Isolation Island
Coyote Canyon (Original Members, Tour and now 2016 multi)
Steam/PSN: Nickweis12

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2015, 02:45:40 PM »
Timeline concerns me.  No way I could publish a new polished course every two weeks I'd be happy with, unless I spent every waking hour in the evenings and that just wont happen.  I've heard and myself can confirm on the two I've published so far...30-50 hours is usually spent on these.  Mine don't hold a candle to some out there that get what they do done in that timeframe.

I'd probably be out in first round anyway...but I think more time would be necessary to make sure the courses are quality as expected by the designers that will submit.  .02 worth.
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2015, 02:58:20 PM »
Good idea, Keith.

Just one little thing, the "turn based" designing will create loads of unfinished courses on the server. Do you plan to remove them after every round?
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

elgato71

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2015, 02:59:14 PM »
Well, theres always the preexisting course idea._With the best courses made this summer..Easier on everyone and just as fun for the community to participate in..2 great courses face off..Community votes in forums, winner advances..A great is had by all and we crown a summer 2015 course designer Champion..

space-cash