Stawberry Plains Mountains & Hills Extravaganza (Tour)

• 5 Replies

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« on: September 09, 2015, 03:14:19 PM »
I've created a 2 event, 36 hole "Tour" last night using Drivert's outstanding new Delta theme courses, Eighteen at Strawberry Plains, and its successor, Eighteen at Strawberry Plains (Pin 2).  What's unique about this is the original course uses a Mountain background, which in the Delta theme somehow causes a ~25% frame rate hit.   The course is still playable, but the impact is enough to be felt, particularly in object heavy environs.  The (Pin 2 ) version is more than a change in the pins; it's also a change to the low hills background, which allows the game to play at the normal frame rates.

It will be really interesting to see how much this 25% frame rate change affects the play experience of others.  My first tee performance went from 34 to 42 FPS, using the same graphics settings on the PC, when playing the 'low hills' version of this course.  I would encourage you to play both courses, back to back, even if only in a "practice" round (a round you know you're going to back out of), just to see how much of a difference this makes.

I've got this tour set to run for two weeks, so those of us who are interested in this will have plenty of time to get their rounds in.  I also hope that HBS has a fix for the mountain backgrounds of the Delta theme.  It's a shame to see so many wonderful Delta courses not get cast in the proper light just because the mountain backgrounds have a hitch in them.
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:19:12 AM »
I finished my Strawberry Plains last night.  I answered all but one birdie with a bogey and had one 4-putt and three 3-putt greens.  It was on me though, as I maintain that the course nor its greeens are tricked up.  I had backed my graphics settings down in the first round to where I was running my usual 42 to 45 FPS, but the winds being only 3 to 4 MPH higher in round 2, made a lot of difference in the difficulty.   

In the end, Strawberry Plains lends itself very well to tournament play.  The Pin 2 version is now among my top 10 courses on TGC, although the original version would also qualify if its frame rate gets brought into line with a future update that does something about the Delta mountain backgrounds.
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Cioccolata

• I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 10:15:44 PM »
How come when I try and play this tour, it tells me it's not available? I am on PC.

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 10:20:15 PM »
This is really cool did you only setup on PC? I never saw this post or I would have setup an xbox version too.

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 10:50:31 PM »
This is really cool did you only setup on PC? I never saw this post or I would have setup an xbox version too.

There was an XB1 version also.  I think it got more play than any!
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
Cool I will play the XB1 version

space-cash