HB Design Tournament - Cally vs Reebdoog Voting Poll

• 58 Replies

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 11:32:34 PM »
Published... Even had fun with the course name
Reebdab Elimination (3 holes)

Just hope it comes through .........

I tried it and its a nice looking course. Nice fairways, plenty of hazards to get you, greens were good, not too punishing. The 3rd hole i was tempted on my 2nd to go for the green, shouldnt have, but if you can draw, the choice could be there otherwise lay up lol. good course, well done.

Thanks, once I got paired with Reeb I had to step up my game. That provided good incentive

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:42:28 PM »
Ive now tried reebdoogs course and with the lighting it looks amazing. The attention to detail with the cartpaths and bridges, slopey fairways, greens with runoffs, is great. theres dangers galore all around if you overhit or pull a shot. overall a tough and fair course that looks great and puts my beginner skills to shame lol. well done.
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 11:43:35 PM »

I tried it and its a nice looking course. Nice fairways, plenty of hazards to get you, greens were good, not too punishing. The 3rd hole i was tempted on my 2nd to go for the green, shouldnt have, but if you can draw, the choice could be there otherwise lay up lol. good course, well done.

Thanks, once I got paired with Reeb I had to step up my game. That provided good incentive

Yes know what you mean. :)

St Andrews Old Course.

wagtunes

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 01:03:25 AM »
Wabakimi Springs (3 holes) published. ENJOY!

Couldn't wait to try this out when I got home tonight even though it's almost midnight.

Visual - Stunning. Absolutely flawless. I'm looking at this and saying to myself, "this looks like a real golf course." I don't even care how this thing turns out. It's going into my favorites just on looks alone.

Playability - Tough but more than fair. Strong winds into your face force some tough club selections because recommended clubs don't reach and the ones over are too far. Course demands tough decisions and a fair amount of accuracy. Still, shot +1 which isn't too bad.

All in all, this may be my favorite course so far. Thank God I'm going out in the first round because I'd have to have to be paired off against this thing.

As close to perfect as I've ever seen in a golf course.

The question is...can he keep it up?

We shall see.

wagtunes

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 01:14:23 AM »

Had to play this one next.

Visual - Nice. Not too flashy but well done. I have to give Reeb the edge here.

Playability - Also tough but fair. I also shot +1 as I did with Reeb's course. I give it a toss up between the two here.

My gut tells me that this is going to be a very tight vote between you two. Both courses are more than deserving of advancing and yet sadly, one will not. It's almost unfair because you both did a great job.

Like I said, I'm glad I'm going out after round 1.

You guys are way too good for me. LOL.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »
a little guide for the first three holes on Wabakimi Springs

1) Hug the bunker if you can. If you're too far left your ball will roll left leaving you a harder approach that can be blind if too far left. However...your angle is better from the left so...pick your poison. A headwind makes this a bear. If you don't have the wind in your face the approach is fairly easy. If you have to miss miss short left as there is plenty of room. Green is not too difficult.

2) Harder than it looks! Best shot on this one? Generally a VERY slight draw that lands JUST on the front edge of the green. You can take it straight at it to but a headwind will make this easier as it will help stop the ball faster. The green isn't too bad but if you are too far right you'll have a rough time.  Best miss? Honestly it might be the small bunker in the front!

3) So unless you have a head wind go ahead and send it right over the edge of the left bunkers. You'll be fine and get a little roll. Don't go to far right or you'll roll towards the bunker over there. again with a head wind the 2nd shot won't get there probably so go short and pick a side. With no wind in the face go ahead and take the green! Not a hard green to putt GENERALLY but try to stay below the hold if you can.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:37:32 AM by Reebdoog »
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

BoomBoom

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
I guess if you know what's good, why step away from your comfort zone, of course as most of us know Reeb, you were going to produce a Gem, and you did.

Cally, you are making me choose between trees and no trees, should be interesting here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:05:09 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2015, 01:13:00 PM »
The lighting was a big change for me. I normally use much higher lighting or an overcast like on the Rookery. Glad you guys like it so far!
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

BoomBoom

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »
The lighting was a big change for me. I normally use much higher lighting or an overcast like on the Rookery. Glad you guys like it so far!
Not really it was just a senior moment.... ;)
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 02:20:01 PM »
HA! :)

Dude I can't wait to see how yours turns out. I find myself going back to it just to see "what would I do here..."

It's such a cool look.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »
I guess if you know what's good, why step away from your comfort zone, of course as most of us know Reeb, you were going to produce a Gem, and you did.

Cally, you are making me choose between trees and no trees, should be interesting here.

I did my best to make this an interesting contest, and I feel I succeeded, I'm glad you have to make a decision.
This is what it's all about. Did you like my par 5, it is a real decision maker, do you dare go for it in 2 or do you layup?

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 05:42:52 PM »
I was in a spot where I couldn't really go for it. I'll give it another play today and see if I can make it.

I really like yours Cally! Not only is it nice as is I can see it turning into a really special course with a few more details as it goes along.

Glad we are matched up!

Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
I would hate to be the person drawn against either of you in the next round, hope its not me if i go through lol, goodluck :)

St Andrews Old Course.

Cally

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2015, 09:11:15 PM »
I was in a spot where I couldn't really go for it. I'll give it another play today and see if I can make it.

I really like yours Cally! Not only is it nice as is I can see it turning into a really special course with a few more details as it goes along.

Glad we are matched up!

Thanks Reeb,

I was psyched when I saw we were matched up, there's nothing like going up against one of the best designers to bring out your "A" game. I have played your course twice now, and I feel both courses are top notch. No matter how we fair in this contest these are two courses that are absolutely worth completing

Cheers
Cally

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 10:48:13 PM »
Couple of really good courses here. I wish I could vote for both of them.

space-cash