Pyates  -  Tye Dunes (3 holes)
33 (78.6%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 09:03:43 AM

HB Design Tournament - Nuter41 vs Pyates Voting Poll

• 36 Replies

elgato71

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 09:27:22 AM »
Nuter, a Gorgeous but very tricky course so far..Couple little things._A skulled tee shot o #2 ( IRL) might kill  somebody on #1 green..And if the tee shot on #3 can't carry the bunker on the right your forced to go left to find some fairway..Which I did, but then the approach shot is super blocked by that tree..I mulled it over for awhile and decided I was just going to have to try and clear the tree...Uh no..Cipped the tree and left me short of the green. I managed to scramble in for par but thought the maybe the hole played a bit unfair..I still Loved it & Love your style and imagination ..Gonna be a close vote here!

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 11:42:58 AM »
Ok,here it is.The first fairway is very wide with no bunkers so the landing zone is huge and the green is slow in pace but sloppy,I've had no problems with it and the third hole you need the wind behind you to carry a straight shot over the bunker.So if you can't carry the bunker you have to play it left and if you look at the flyover you can see that tree will be a problem if you go long so I hit a 3 or 5 wood and your next shot will not hit the tree so you have options.
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood

elgato71

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 12:23:17 PM »
If you hang back your hitting a lower lofted club (same problem with tree potentially) into a very demanding pin..Will the green even hold it?? I'll definitely try it again at some point._

wagtunes

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2015, 01:22:50 PM »
Well, I gave this not one but two more tries. Discovered that in order to avoid having to hit over the tree I had to go down to a 4 iron and hit it about 200 yards.

As for the sloped green, still a nightmare for me so I guess I just stink at this game.

Holes 1 and 3 I can't break or even make par.

My feelings on the course haven't changed and it's doubtful they will if I play it a dozen times.

Just not my cup of tea.

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2015, 09:26:56 PM »
I had to try this and yes it is tough, i tried to cross the bunkers but the wind was wrong. good course but all i would say is, there has to be a way for you to score and not have to hope the wind is in the right direction. and from one who sucks at drawing on this game, i doubt i will birdie that hole. other than that the other 2 holes are great. tough course, with tweaks, could be tgct quality.
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 02:01:21 AM »
If I progress or not I will be adjusting the 3rd hole and still going to finish it as a 18.I made it tough cos there are so many good players out there who rip my courses up.Dont want most players scoring -15 again but I doubt no one can stop scruffy from doing that.
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
Mirkwood

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 02:20:38 AM »
If I progress or not I will be adjusting the 3rd hole and still going to finish it as a 18.I made it tough cos there are so many good players out there who rip my courses up.Dont want most players scoring -15 again but I doubt no one can stop scruffy from doing that.

the problem with that is some of the lesser talented players might be turned off and you might lose some votes there by all means make it difficult but not impossible.

If you progress you cant change the previous holes.

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2015, 02:02:52 PM »
Bit quiet over here!  I imagine most people playing the tour haven't got as far down as us... Damn you alphabet!!!

Have to say good play putting that flag of flowers by the first tee... Being English, the patriotic side of me would sway the vote his way... Plus excellent bridge work sir :)

Perhaps the lack of discussion is due to the lack of trash talk??? Well I for one am not happy that we aren't allowed to put glass in our waste bin and they won't take it with the recycling! Think of the old people people!!!
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2015, 02:06:55 PM »
Perhaps the lack of discussion is due to the lack of trash talk??? Well I for one am not happy that we aren't allowed to put glass in our waste bin and they won't take it with the recycling! Think of the old people people!!!

Now that is some serious trash talk!   ;D

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 03:28:22 PM »
Pyates for me,much more playable.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 06:03:41 PM »
Bit quiet over here!  I imagine most people playing the tour haven't got as far down as us... Damn you alphabet!!!

Have to say good play putting that flag of flowers by the first tee... Being English, the patriotic side of me would sway the vote his way... Plus excellent bridge work sir :)

Yeah, staypuft and I share your pain pyates.

I haven't played yours and nuters courses yet and haven't voted yet either but will do in the next few days when I'm allowed back on the Xbox :)

Have to say I'm feeling the patriotism towards that course too, that and its set out very interestingly that flag he did was genius the only problem is not everyone likes us English :( so it's a bit risky.

elgato71

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »
What??? Who doesn't Love the English?? We Yanks made up with you long ago..Your like our Big Brother who we eventually outgrew & now can beat you in everything...except maybe futball & perhaps rowing  ;+)

nickweis

• Go in Your Home!
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »
The dunes got my vote, fantastic rugged feel. Loved the dunes along the coast. Everything suits this style of course from the terrain, shapes of the fairways and greens, to bunkers and planting. Keep that going for 15 more holes and this will be a fantastic course.
My Courses:
Red Rock National
The Links @ Inverness Point
Pine Park Lodge (9 hole)
Helena Island Estate (9 hole)
Grizzly Paw Golf Club
Killarney Golf and Country Club
The Great Northern G&CC
The Links of Isolation Island
Coyote Canyon (Original Members, Tour and now 2016 multi)
Steam/PSN: Nickweis12

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 11:17:00 AM »
For those who have voted for me I appreciate it but I don't expect to go to the next round but I will finish the course.The half way house will have a flag Aswell.The 18th green which will be next to the club house as I usually do will feature a bigger St George flag so all those patriotic players give it a bash.I'll post when it's done and feel free to send me a friend request.PSN ID:nuter41
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
Mirkwood

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 11:25:34 AM »
What??? Who doesn't Love the English?? We Yanks made up with you long ago..Your like our Big Brother who we eventually outgrew & now can beat you in everything...except maybe futball & perhaps rowing  ;+)

Well the Welsh, Irish and Scottish for starters, oh and I don't think the French and Germans like us much either ::) ;D
And I think you guys could probably beat us now or at least draw, as we have a bunch of useless prima donnas lol

space-cash