Poll

Rlandon80 vs Staypuft39

Rlandon80   -  McMulligans oaks (3 hole)
22 (59.5%)
Staypuft39  -  Hidden Tracks GC (3 holes)
15 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 09:05:29 AM

HB Design Tournament - Rlandon80 vs Staypuft39 Voting Poll

• 37 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« on: October 06, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
Round 1 Matchup.

Voting poll will be added on Oct 13th.

Staypuft39  =  Hidden Tracks GC (3 holes)

Rlandon80  =  McMulligans oaks (3 hole)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:05:06 AM by HB_KeithC »

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 09:55:35 PM »
Nearly finished mine, good luck staypuft

Staypuft39

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:10 AM »
Thanks Rob, to you too! Will have time tomorrow to finish mine up.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:06:31 AM »
cheers, hoping to finish mine tonight fingers crossed the missus doesnt kick up a fuss  ::)

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:57 AM »
Can't believe how long this is taking me, I'm just doing the finishing touches and I keep seeing something that doesn't look right argggh I even fell asleep doing it last night with my thumb wedged in the controller lol.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »
at least you didn't wake having accidentally placed three hundred squirrels or something...
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »
Ha ha you didn't? That would have been a site to see an infestation of squirrels lol.

Staypuft39

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2015, 07:52:50 PM »
Thank goodness I had most of today to work on this. Still fairly new to the process so I'm probably not as efficient as I could be. Anyway, here's the rundown of my course. I welcome any and all feedback and am looking forward to seeing your course Rob (I'm Matt, by the way).

Hidden Tracks GC (3 holes).

Hole 1 - Par 5 - 601 Yds - Just a 'peak'
Long but significantly downhill. Intimidating to the eye, but those with nerve can walk away with eagle.

Hole 2 - Par 3 - 172 Yds - Vogue
A short iron into a large green...what could go wrong?

Hole 3 - Par 4 - 366 Yds - Leap Year
Accuracy off the tee is a must, especially on those rare occasions the wind hits this hole just right

More info: Greens are medium-soft and medium-fast. Fairways are medium. Theme is Swiss. Designer is tired.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:06:56 PM by Staypuft39 »

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 08:26:28 PM »
Thank goodness I had most of today to work on this. Still fairly new to the process so I'm probably not as efficient as I could be. Anyway, here's the rundown of my course. I welcome any and all feedback and am looking forward to seeing your course Rob (I'm Matt, by the way).

Search for Hidden Tracks GC (3 holes).

Hole 1 - Par 5 - 601 Yds - Just a 'peak'
Long but significantly downhill. Intimidating to the eye, but those with nerve can walk away with eagle.

Hole 2 - Par 3 - 172 Yds - Vogue
A short iron into a large green...what could go wrong?

Hole 3 - Par 4 - 366 Yds - Leap Year
Accuracy off the tee is a must, especially on those rare occasions the wind hits this hole just right

More info: Greens are medium-soft and medium-fast. Fairways are medium. Theme is Swiss. Designer is tired.

Just played it stay and it looks great, it gave me that early morning feel, all alone on the course, used to do that as a kid lol. OK lets see, the first hole is long but even with the 3-5 wind in my face, i was just short of the green but couldnt help the temptation to go for it lol, which is what i like, a fair chance to make eagle on a par 5, good start. on 2, a nice drop and loved the shape of the green, so different :) on 3 plenty of fairway to aim for depending on the wind you get and plays fun. In all a fun and lovely course, thats fair with some challenge and hazards if your wayward on courses like me lol, well done :)
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

wagtunes

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2015, 10:41:24 PM »
@Staypuft39 (Matt)

Okay, gave this course a go and here's my 2 cents.

First of all, I played this course more than any of the others so far. That should tell you something about the appeal, which I'll get to.

Visual - Honestly, didn't really notice the landscape per say because of how difficult this course looks. That distracted me from the surroundings because I felt like I was in for a rough time, no pun intended. I don't know if this is going to be good or bad for your scoring in the contest but the course intimidated me. It's the only one so far that did.

Playability - As I said, I played this course more than any other. I think 6 or 7 times.

Why?

It looked tough, it was tough and yet something about it said to me "This course is tough but I can beat it." In other words, it looked like I had a chance if I played it enough. I don't often feel that way with courses that are hard. Most of them I just give up after one play through. This one I was determined to conquer. And I finally did shoot 1 under on my last play through just now.

With the wind in your face, it's really hard to make the distances needed. I finally got a 2 mph wind at my back this last time and that made all the difference in the world. All the others, I never did better than 1 over par. Actually, I shot 1 over par in each round, usually either hole 1 or 3. 2 I found the easiest.

The layout makes it very tempting to go for it. But any error in your shot at all and you're toast. This is a totally unforgiving course. Now I don't like playing fast greens so that doesn't help, but even before getting to the greens you have to be near perfect.

Didn't really enjoy playing the course but was compelled to beat it. So you did something right though I can't put my finger on it. I'm sure I will play these 3 holes many more times and I have no doubt that when the course is finished I won't be able to wait to tackle it, even though I know it will probably beat me down pretty bad.

So in short, you've done something that nobody else so far has been able to do...make me want to play a course I know I'm going to want to throw things at after finishing it.

Well done.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2015, 11:03:20 PM »
Hey guys just published McMulligans oaks (3 hole)

hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed designing it :)

wagtunes

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 11:18:24 PM »
Hey guys just published McMulligans oaks (3 hole)

hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed designing it :)

Jumped on this one right away. My 2 cents to follow.

Visual - Love the aerial view. Just a beautiful course to look at.

Playability - Be careful with this one. My first shot went out of bounds and I had to restart the game to give it a fair chance. Stay away from the left side on hole 1. It's a killer.

Care is needed with this one but the course is more than fair if you're careful. I shot 1 under on my second go round. But beware the pitfalls.

In short, I think you're going to get lots of votes with this one and should be a close contest.

Definitely looking forward to playing this one when it's completed.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 11:32:59 PM »
Thanks wagtunes really appreciate that. With the first hole I tested out till I got bored out of my mind with it, and I tried to make the fairway big enough to avoid the out of bounds and bunkers on the left :)

wagtunes

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »
Thanks wagtunes really appreciate that. With the first hole I tested out till I got bored out of my mind with it, and I tried to make the fairway big enough to avoid the out of bounds and bunkers on the left :)

And it is big enough. But if you shoot for too close to the left edge and your shot is off, you're toast. I learned that the hard way. LOL.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 11:37:55 PM »
Yeah true, maybe it's a bit harsh for a fiirst hole then maybe?

space-cash