Poll

Rlandon80 vs Staypuft39

Rlandon80   -  McMulligans oaks (3 hole)
22 (59.5%)
Staypuft39  -  Hidden Tracks GC (3 holes)
15 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: October 20, 2015, 09:05:29 AM

HB Design Tournament - Rlandon80 vs Staypuft39 Voting Poll

• 37 Replies

elgato71

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 11:50:52 PM »
Just played both back to back & Holy Moses is this a close one..You both did great work!

Staypuft39

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 11:55:32 PM »
I just played this and it's awesome!
Dammit!
I really like the difficulty...you really have to think about your drives right off the hop. Very nice and difficult greens too. Thinking you're going to get a lot of votes...really good job!

wagtunes

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 11:57:23 PM »
Yeah true, maybe it's a bit harsh for a fiirst hole then maybe?

It is kind of a tough way to start a round if you hit an errant shot. I wouldn't mind just having to fight my way out of the rough but having to start from the tee again is tough.

Unfortunately, it's too late to change it now. LOL.

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 12:35:22 AM »

It is kind of a tough way to start a round if you hit an errant shot. I wouldn't mind just having to fight my way out of the rough but having to start from the tee again is tough.

Lol i wont get to try this till tomorow but thanks god you said the hazards on the left as i tend to pull to the right lol :P though will admit im looking forward to seeing it.
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 03:27:35 AM »
I just played this and it's awesome!
Dammit!
I really like the difficulty...you really have to think about your drives right off the hop. Very nice and difficult greens too. Thinking you're going to get a lot of votes...really good job!

thanks stay puffed  ;D i tried yours and i thought f me i got some real competition here lol, i love the elevation drops and the course looks easier than it is, have to say i rage quit on the third(and i needed to go to bed 8)) but will give it another play later tonight to see if i can pick any bones out of it  ;) well done, our round is gonna be a tough one!

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 03:39:04 AM »

yeah, maybe when i finish it ill make the cliff edge further away :-[ lol

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 05:58:11 AM »
Just played both back to back & Holy Moses is this a close one..You both did great work!

thanks elgato  ;D im hopeing to play a few others later to give my views.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 08:43:49 AM »

Lol i wont get to try this till tomorow but thanks god you said the hazards on the left as i tend to pull to the right lol :P though will admit im looking forward to seeing it.

There is a bunker on the right too but with 100% drive you shouldnt have a problem missing it, its not a nice hazard to land in tho ;D

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
Hey guys just published McMulligans oaks (3 hole)

hope you enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed designing it :)

Hey rlandon, finally played your 3 holes so heres what i thought. After the comments about 1 last night i was wondering what it would look like, and it looks daunting but at least gets you focussed very early to be accurate. I had 8 to the left so an early test and i ended up with par so nice. hole 2 a nice looking par 3 with a nice flat green, what more can you ask for. :) on hole 3 a tempting par 5 with a tricky corner, managed to get up there with a driver and then the view down to the green, very nice. managed a bird so -2 for the 3 was a good result. So i think this is a lovely looking course and i like the use of elevation, so i think this is going to be a very close vote between 2 good courses.

St Andrews Old Course.

Staypuft39

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »
So in short, you've done something that nobody else so far has been able to do...make me want to play a course I know I'm going to want to throw things at after finishing it.

Thanks to everyone who has played the course so far! Wagtunes I love that you kept coming back for more. Maybe I just played it so much when making it, but I almost thought my holes were too easy. Was hoping to ramp up the difficulty as I went on, but maybe not now, ha ha.
Granted I don't think I've played my own course into a real stiff wind yet. Wish you could set your own for practice.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »

Hey rlandon, finally played your 3 holes so heres what i thought. After the comments about 1 last night i was wondering what it would look like, and it looks daunting but at least gets you focussed very early to be accurate. I had 8 to the left so an early test and i ended up with par so nice. hole 2 a nice looking par 3 with a nice flat green, what more can you ask for. :) on hole 3 a tempting par 5 with a tricky corner, managed to get up there with a driver and then the view down to the green, very nice. managed a bird so -2 for the 3 was a good result. So i think this is a lovely looking course and i like the use of elevation, so i think this is going to be a very close vote between 2 good courses.
Thanks Phoenix, yeah I think it might be too close to the edge of the cliff like what wagtunes was saying but that's why I put two protecting bunkers there and some room to the right, I really enjoyed making those 3 holes so looking forward to progressing although it's up in the air who will go through, but even if I don't I will follow it up and finish it not like the other courses I have sitting in The wips office :)

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2015, 08:06:53 PM »

Thanks Phoenix, yeah I think it might be too close to the edge of the cliff like what wagtunes was saying but that's why I put two protecting bunkers there and some room to the right, I really enjoyed making those 3 holes so looking forward to progressing although it's up in the air who will go through, but even if I don't I will follow it up and finish it not like the other courses I have sitting in The wips office :)

No probs. if the rest of the course is like this then you could get lots of plays on it as it has that pebblebeach feel to it with the cliffs and water.

St Andrews Old Course.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 05:48:37 AM »

No probs. if the rest of the course is like this then you could get lots of plays on it as it has that pebblebeach feel to it with the cliffs and water.

Thanks pheonix that is a real compliment although i was trying to put my own stamp on it rather than follow patterns from another golf course although it prob shows that i like pebblebeach seeing as i feels very similiar.

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 12:35:01 PM »

Thanks pheonix that is a real compliment although i was trying to put my own stamp on it rather than follow patterns from another golf course although it prob shows that i like pebblebeach seeing as i feels very similiar.

Yes it does have a pebble beach feel but you have put your own twist on that style of course, which is great :D Lol pebble is one of my faves as well.

St Andrews Old Course.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 03:44:00 PM »
Not really feeling the love, are you staypuft? :'( ;D

space-cash