Rule clarification

• 14 Replies

BeamerCA

« on: October 07, 2015, 03:15:12 PM »
When I design a course , before I lay my first bit of anything, I turn of all trees, grasses, and especially rocks.
Before publishing I will be turning trees and grasses back on. My question is, "IF "  I should move on,
will I be safe to turn them back off to do my next 3?  Keith please reply.
Courses designed :
Richards Pond Delta Golf Course
Statton Hills CC
The Clowns Nest (Morning )
Lil Fry 81
Borderlands Golf
Hide Away Golf Course
Richards Pond Country Clu

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 04:13:43 PM »
That should be fine I would think.  The main thought behind the rule is to not have someone going back and adjusting the prior holes.

guitardude_324

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 06:00:55 PM »
I started my course by building rough versions of holes 9 , 10 and 18 (because I like to start building the holes closest to the clubhouse and work my way outward.)  I can leave the holes unplayable so that the players can only play holes 1, 2, & 3.  If that is not in line with the rules, it's not a big deal for me, I can put out 3 new holes before deadline.  I just want to make sure I don't break any rules.
Steam Name:
guitardude_324

TGC19 Courses:
Featherwind Golf Club
Roundabout Golf Club
Halton Beach G&CC

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »
I started my course by building rough versions of holes 9 , 10 and 18 (because I like to start building the holes closest to the clubhouse and work my way outward.)  I can leave the holes unplayable so that the players can only play holes 1, 2, & 3.  If that is not in line with the rules, it's not a big deal for me, I can put out 3 new holes before deadline.  I just want to make sure I don't break any rules.

As long as only 3 holes are playable, you can lay placeholders for other holes around the course.

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 06:43:38 PM »
Im just wondering, we create 3 holes and publish them and as i understand it, anything thats been placed, cant be moved, like adjusting slopes on greens and fairways, adding trees etc, removing items but whats the ruling on the settings? Im sure you said that the lighting can be changed to illuminate the next 3 holes to make them look even better whats the ruling on greens speed and slopes? if you publish 3 holes and find you have set it too high and made it too fast, are you able to dial it down a notch in the 2nd round if you get through or do you class the fast greens as set like bunkers and trees keith?
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

BoomBoom

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 06:59:48 PM »
Bad rule, if you get through all should be open again. I have no intention of touching my first 3, but I see no reason why I or anyone cannot.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
I think it's simply because you'd be using feedback from folks that played it. Honestly I'm ok with being able to change things...

Firmness and speed should be free game. I don't see anything wrong with changing that as you go.

As for the other holes...I'm fine with redoing the placeholders if needed. I'm going to try and fit my holes to match the placeholder greens I have in but they will certainly change a little. I didn't put much thought into them at this point. They were just eye candy for now.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

scampi00

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 07:25:54 PM »
I had plans to update the greens and add a driving range/putting green as I go. I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with this?
Latest Courses
The Javelina Grand
Pumpkin Ridge
White Knuckle Beach
The Little John
Grey Raven G.C.
Saxony Golf Club

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:44 PM »
I think it's simply because you'd be using feedback from folks that played it. Honestly I'm ok with being able to change things...

Firmness and speed should be free game. I don't see anything wrong with changing that as you go.

As for the other holes...I'm fine with redoing the placeholders if needed. I'm going to try and fit my holes to match the placeholder greens I have in but they will certainly change a little. I didn't put much thought into them at this point. They were just eye candy for now.

I agree about the firmness and speed :)

I have hole 4 placed but not made and will do the same with the rest. Like you said for eye candy but also so i can judge roughly where each hole is and if you have an idea for a signature hole then working round that area so you have enough space left for it. :)

St Andrews Old Course.

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »
I had plans to update the greens and add a driving range/putting green as I go. I'm assuming there's nothing wrong with this?

the driving range and putting green would be like the clubhouses most likely, you can add them to the course but once they are there and you publish it, from what keith said in a post, then you wont be able to change it.

St Andrews Old Course.

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 08:57:37 PM »
No worries about firmness and speed.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 08:07:47 AM »
Regarding future holes why don't you put a hole in then place your tees fairways greens and rough and then remove the hole hey Presto you have the next hole but will still show up as 3 holes and its not classed as changing the first 3 so you can change them if your not happy with it In the next round.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 04:38:53 PM »
Will each course be judged on the entire course as each round continues...meaning in round 3 we will have 9 hole courses to judge...the entire body of work is judged!?!
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 04:51:47 PM »
YES is the answer to that question.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

elgato71

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 05:35:16 PM »
I remember Keith saying you can't go back & change previous holes because the tournament is partially about managing resources..You can't shoot your load on planting just to get out of the first round & then go back and thin it out to gain resources for the next round...

space-cash