Saved shots suddenly missing?

• 14 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« on: October 15, 2015, 04:23:36 PM »
Hey HB,

So I have some saved shots, long long putts, chip ins and hole-in-ones.  I went back to look at several today and not one of the shots went in the hole, some missing by a few feet to several yards.  I understand that when playing with another person online, one person may see a different result than another, but on all these shots that I saved, all went into the hole and now they aren't.

What gives?

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 04:44:09 PM »
Sent to the dev team to investigate.

HB_Owen

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 04:51:33 PM »
Hey Brighttail

This is a known issue that is due to the complexity of the data input. There are times when the input will get confused and show a result that is not correct.

It will be worked on

Thanks for your input!!

BoomBoom

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 11:16:50 PM »
So cruel, I hit my best shot ever, replay showed it perfectly which is rare, I saved it, went to watch it tonight to record it to post and it's a hundred yards off. I missed a hole in 1 by a slight lipout on an over 300 yard par 4.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 11:30:52 PM »
So cruel, I hit my best shot ever, replay showed it perfectly which is rare, I saved it, went to watch it tonight to record it to post and it's a hundred yards off. I missed a hole in 1 by a slight lipout on an over 300 yard par 4.

I feel your pain. The first albatross I ever made which helped me win the TGC Tours Open Championship shows it tinking off the pin and staying out of the cup. :(

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:57:46 PM »
Hey Brighttail

This is a known issue that is due to the complexity of the data input. There are times when the input will get confused and show a result that is not correct.

It will be worked on

Thanks for your input!!

Hi Owen.  This issue is getting worse and worse.  I can understand the game and the GPU getting a little confused and the ball instead of going in the hole misses by an inch or two, but when you get a hole in one or a hole out and the saved replay shows it coming up 20-30 yards short, that is more than a 'little confusion'.  Here is an example of a hole-in-one that the saved replay shows something completely different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8uz_GuYFEs

Can you be sure that this 'little confusion' isn't affecting real time gaming? I ask this because on occasion, I will shoot a shot that shows 100% power and yet the ball will fall 20 yards short of the default yardage with little to no wind.  I was in the fairway, i shot an 9 iron for 120 yards, I got 100% with nearly a straight line and it falls in the bunker 20 yards short and yet on my friends computer i'm next to the hole.  My fear is that this 'little confusion' is leaking out into the real game.

Thanks,

BT

Doyley

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 09:16:02 PM »
can confirm my recently saved shots are missing by 15-20 yards as well.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 01:47:53 AM »
Is it applying current wind instead of the wind at the time of the shot? That's what is happening for the ghost ball bug. Introduced since last wind fix.

No comments on the ghost bug yet from HB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »
Anthony just mailed me and said that was the issue, that it was applying current wind and Anthony said it was fixed.

Sadly I went and checked 10 saved shots and 8 of the 10 the ball did hit the green but did not go in the hole, missing the hole anywhere from 1inch to 10 feet.

I fully understand that little GPU differences between my computer and another computer would mean that on my screen a ball may go in but on my friend's it might not.

What I don't understand is how come when the machine the shot went in on doesn't change, the shot STILL can change from live, to replay to saved shot?  My hole in one last week goes in on live, misses one foot to the left on replay and 4 feet on the saved shot to the right. Checked it again today and it is 4 inches short.    What is the purpose of a replay when it doesn't show what actually happened and changes from day to day? :(

BoomBoom

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 06:26:20 PM »
Its likely just saving the data on the shot, and not the shot itself to save the precious 6 cents a GB of server space. Also the replay likely does not factor in the squirt.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2015, 05:31:28 PM »
The new patch was supposed to address this. Of the 10 shots I viewed before, 8 of the shots did not go in the hole that did before. Post patch, 7 of them didn't go in so it fixed one of them.

Also the discrepancy between my shot and what my opponent sees is still happening.  13 shots in two rounds were different. :(

Putting is better tho!!!!!!

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 12:05:36 AM »
Is puttign better - or just easier? Would hate if the effective hole size now is larger or limit speed more lenient as it has been really good for a while. If they simply fixed the very rare wonky reactions ball/hole then great.

Insane_Penquin

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 07:48:29 PM »
I just saved a couple replays today and they are not showing what happened in the round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kIK4kNxdUA

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 09:29:34 PM »
Yeah this is still broken... :(

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2016, 04:55:24 PM »
Still broken.  Had a hole in one that showed going in on replay, I went back after the round and I missed. :(

This is seriously aggravating as I can't even post it to strut my stuff! :(

space-cash