The DC Golf Club
16 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: November 04, 2015, 03:27:18 PM

HB Design Tournament Round 2 - Drivert vs Stormgolf73

• 23 Replies

elgato71

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 05:44:35 PM »
Both courses are very nice..1/2 a point separates them for me .. Drivert scalps Storm by a whisker...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:45:06 PM by HB_KeithC »

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 08:57:54 PM »
I'm afraid it's going to be a very close one.  Drivert has a very solid course.  Will come down to each persons preference in style of course/design/shot shaping etc.

Good luck drivert!
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 12:33:47 AM »
I agree Storm good luck to you as well.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 01:52:29 PM »
Drivert here for me.

rdh

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2015, 08:02:26 AM »
Another tough call.  Love storm's course for its high level of realism and high playability...it's a fun, enjoyable round.  Drivert's course is a bit more of a challenge and I find it more visually impressive with some of the retaining walls and planting.  Really hard call for me.  In the end I gave storm the nod just because I find a couple of the fairways on drivert's course overly narrow.  I realize there are courses in the world like that, but when I look at a course with fairways that look too narrow it just takes me out of the experience a bit...I start to think the course would probably not exist in the real world (again, I realize there are some).  That's just my criteria for evaluating a course though...I realize that to make for a challenging round in TGC narrow fairways are part of the mix.  Anyway, I could have easily gone either way...awesome work guys.  Good luck.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2015, 10:48:17 AM »
Another tough call.  Love storm's course for its high level of realism and high playability...it's a fun, enjoyable round.  Drivert's course is a bit more of a challenge and I find it more visually impressive with some of the retaining walls and planting.  Really hard call for me.  In the end I gave storm the nod just because I find a couple of the fairways on drivert's course overly narrow.  I realize there are courses in the world like that, but when I look at a course with fairways that look too narrow it just takes me out of the experience a bit...I start to think the course would probably not exist in the real world (again, I realize there are some).  That's just my criteria for evaluating a course though...I realize that to make for a challenging round in TGC narrow fairways are part of the mix.  Anyway, I could have easily gone either way...awesome work guys.  Good luck.

Thanks rdh!  It is a tough call.  Comes down to what "you" like in a course.  I myself also enjoy a more realistic course that has it's own challenges.  I feel The DC Golf Club would be an incredible challenge in real life so far...but in the game it's birdie city for the experienced player.  But if you make the wrong choices and are just off in decent winds you'll pay the price!  We sometimes forget that there are a lot of people struggling with the game to break 80 just like in real life.  *shrug*  I enjoy designing...I hope a few like what I create!

My Courses
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

rdh

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 11:09:20 AM »
On simulators it will be a good but playable challenge.  If you finish it, keep a shortened version in the back of your mind!

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
Congrats DriverT, go get em'!

My Courses