New Season impossible scores!!!!

• 23 Replies

Dr. Yeti

• GroupMember
  • Handicap: 10
    • My 2014 Golf Stats (RL)
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 04:34:40 PM »
The algorithm used should also factor in the current player's handicap, and try to make the leaders slightly better than that, so it remains difficult to top the leaderboard, but still within the player skill level.

RMG70

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 07:29:51 PM »
The dev team doesn't just come up with a number out of the blue.  From what I understand the scores are calculated on an algorithm based off the course rating and slope.  I will check with the dev team to see if it can be adjusted.

Excellent.  Tks Keith much appreciated.  Did seem a bit strange for AI scores.  Cheers

uberammerz

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2015, 08:01:03 PM »
Setting a target of -29 is not realistic is it? whatever the algorithm, and that is just the first tourney, what after that?

drlowdon

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2015, 08:01:19 PM »
The algorithm used should also factor in the current player's handicap, and try to make the leaders slightly better than that, so it remains difficult to top the leaderboard, but still within the player skill level.

The current scores are beyond the skill level of 99% of players.

Ramjet36

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »
This type of AI score makes you wonder if anybody at HB even looked at and critically thought about how this would play with the average player.
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

RMG70

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 07:25:01 PM »
I was just wondering if there was any update on this.  I just started the season again and the scores are still unrealistic!!

BruceM

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »
I've played the season mode a few times myself as well as playing on the TGCTours. Right off the bat in season mode you know what you have to shoot for, and that in itself is an advantage, and also a score to shoot for, be it -9 under or -12 under.
 I consider myself to be pretty good, and have good days and bad days. I have a tough time staying competive in the TGC Tours although in CC-B in the last tournament I actually managed a 36th spot, and I probably managed around -7 to -8 under a round.
 Now If you compare this to the season mode its probably not to far off in the amatuer to pro ranks, but not comparable to the amatuer rounds.
 I look at it this way, If the first time you played the season mode and beat it outright easily, why would there a be a reason to play it again ?

mnguy12000

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
I'll have to try season 2 then.  I played season one and it was too easy,  so i'll have to check this out now. 
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

mnguy12000

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 03:53:56 PM »
Ok so I got to the 2nd tourney and the second round leader was -17 under for his round LOL. first round leaders where -14 under.  So that is more believable but -17 come on!
My Courses:
GunFlint Trail GC
Macaw G.C.
Cathedral Pines G.C.
Spruce Harbor G.C.
Evelyn Hills Golf Club
RCR - Chom0nix
Valley Meadows
Breaker's Point GC
WIP RCR Columbia Golf Club, Mpls MN

space-cash