Real Course Recreation List - Completed, In Progress and Requested

• 212 Replies

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2015, 04:48:10 PM »

carnoustie (i think tough to do until retaining walls are fixed),The Belfry (was hoping for biggins to do it),Hoylake Royal liverpool maybe one for me.

I vote for Biggins to do Belfry!  Basically poor all the Shakespeare into a RLC... plus the retaining walls are perfect for #10! I'd vote between St George's and Belfry on my want list
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2015, 06:12:24 PM »
And sawgrass should be an option.  I don't think we've seen a good version of it yet.

I did start sawgrass before switching to TPC boston, completed 8 holes... however, i hated it! mainly because there were no pines to mix with palms (just did not look right) and partially because i detest the tropical theme...its horrible!

rdh

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
The limitation of tree options across themes is very frustrating.  I posted this elsewhere...for a local course here I would like the terrain and backdrop of the countryside theme, but the only trees that are a good fit are in the highlands theme.  I hope the December update expands the options here.

Sorry...off topic but wanted to reply to your comment.  Would still like to see a good version of sawgrass even if it's not perfect.

stan_solo

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 06:39:08 PM »
Global tree's are not on the ' list '  I'm afraid.

So some real life courses are not possible because of the restraints of the themes.

ks-man

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 07:07:58 PM »

carnoustie (i think tough to do until retaining walls are fixed),The Belfry (was hoping for biggins to do it),Hoylake Royal liverpool maybe one for me.

I vote for Biggins to do Belfry!  Basically poor all the Shakespeare into a RLC... plus the retaining walls are perfect for #10! I'd vote between St George's and Belfry on my want list

Are you voting for the Belfry for this list or only if Biggins will do it?  I obviously can't compel any individual designers, just want a list of the most wanted courses so designers could potentially see what the community wants most.

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 07:45:53 PM »

Are you voting for the Belfry for this list or only if Biggins will do it?  I obviously can't compel any individual designers, just want a list of the most wanted courses so designers could potentially see what the community wants most.

Haha, consider Biggins as a bonus :). If vote for 1 then Belfrey, if multiple then St George's too
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 09:05:58 PM »
I would like to see Belfry, sawgrass and bayhill  8)

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2015, 12:00:28 AM »
some nice choices and yes theres been attempts at belfry brabazon, from timwilson and played a not bad try at sawgrass though the slopes on the par 3's on the back nine were not in the same league as the tw14 version.

For me i would say tpc scottsdale, wentworth west course (on my to do list soon, just need to know what theme suits it best), woburn marquess course, also on my list.

Scottsdale
Wentworth (west course)
Woburn (Marquess)
Gleneagles
Carnoustie
Kingsbarns (just so i can make up a version of the alfred dunhill championship)
Celtic manor (a version to be as playable as tw14 version)
Baltustrol
East Lake ( loved the challenge of the elevations and greens in tw14 version)
Brookline

This is only a couple from my list of top courses lol.
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »
There is a wentworth but i think its fairly old i would defo like to see that done and scottsdale is a good choice too :)

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 01:27:01 AM »
Olympia Fields- North (and South!)

I'll host anybody at OFCC who wants to take either one on.

It got a lot better since the us open and would lend itself well to the designer IMO. 

Other personal wishes other than the great ones in process would be Butler, Erin Hills, Chicago GC, Prestwick, Cal Club of SF, and the U of M Blue course.

I've played Erin hills and whistling straits both a dozen times and I really view Erin hills as the stronger and more natural course.  It's a brute and much less forced than straits. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:30:55 AM by TaS »

bigtee

« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 07:33:57 AM »
This game is unintentionally being held back by the folk who wont release new trees to various themes.  As for courses, Shanqin Bay. Maybe something else Asian.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 07:42:20 AM by bigtee »

rdh

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 07:36:53 AM »
This game is unintentionally being held back by the folk who wont release new trees to various themes.

YES!  100% agree.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 10:00:10 AM »
Cypress trees seem necessary because they are so unique and are on so many great courses.

Pebble, cypress, sf golf, cal club, torrey, and on and on.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:02:53 AM by TaS »

ks-man

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 10:27:03 AM »
and A CLV type quality version of Bethpage Black

Looking in the top designers thread Craig118 said that he was taking off the summer but had "laid out the plot for Bethpage Black".  Hmm, just need to try and convince him to lay Bethpage Red while in the process...

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 11:05:21 AM »
and A CLV type quality version of Bethpage Black

Looking in the top designers thread Craig118 said that he was taking off the summer but had "laid out the plot for Bethpage Black".  Hmm, just need to try and convince him to lay Bethpage Red while in the process...

I keep having a first world problem on our trips out to Bethpage

We get there hoping to play the Red and it's always booked or closed for an outing and we have to "settle" for the black

I read all these stories about guys having to camp out etc for the black.  Every time we've walked into the pro shop there have been 6 times to choose from although we go in August when it's as likely to kill you due to heat as anything else lol

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

space-cash