26 (72.2%)

Total Members Voted: 35

HB Design Tournament Round 3 - Wabakimi Springs vs Pelikila Golf Club

• 13 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« on: November 02, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »
Reebdoog = Wabakimi Springs (9 holes)

FriendBOMBER = Pelikila Golf Club (9 holes)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:39:01 PM by HB_KeithC »

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 03:02:14 PM »
7 and 8 are done. Working on 9 then final planting. Probably will come down to the wire on this one...maybe Sunday night...
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
The Sonoma Sands Golf Club
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:13:16 PM »
Wabakimi Springs (9 holes) published.

*shrug* The holes play well but the look isn't QUITE what I wanted. Hope you all like em!

Clubhouse is stil just a placeholder...
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

wagtunes

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 06:53:00 PM »
Wabakimi Springs (9 holes) published.

*shrug* The holes play well but the look isn't QUITE what I wanted. Hope you all like em!

Clubhouse is stil just a placeholder...

I honestly could not wait to play this. I hope you'll read my response to CC's question about why not as many courses are posted to the completed sub forum.

As for this course, you may not be completely satisfied with it but it is absolutely one of my favorite that I have played since getting this game. The look is just gorgeous. I love the way you do your greens. I wish I knew your method. Please, a video of how you go about it will be soooooo appreciated.

I shot -3 losing to you by 2 strokes. My game is improving. There was a time that this course would have been a nightmare for me.

Can't wait to see this when it's completely done.

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 08:51:52 PM »
Pelikila golf Club (9 holes) now available!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Trump National Colts Neck
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

wagtunes

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »
Pelikila golf Club (9 holes) now available!

Well, I have really come around on this course. In fact, it's one of my favorites. Tough battle out there tonight but shot -1.

These two courses are so close in spite of how different they are that I don't think I can vote in this one. I don't want to see either of you two knocked out.

This sucks. There is no other way to put it.

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »
oh just vote. We are both big boys and can take it. :)
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 10:03:13 AM »
Interested to see what folks think of the latest holes on Wabakimi. They are playing away from the sun so the lighting was difficult to get right. Hole 7 uses a reverse camber in the landing area unless you get REALLY aggressive and can get past the center of the largest bunker. Hole 8 gives you an easier drive to the left...but the only way to get home in two really is to play to the right and the fairway is narrow and runs away. Hole 9 is pretty straightforward...but you can put yourself into a big mess if you cut to much off the tee or get to aggressive on the approach.

Like I said before I think they play well...but they aren't as scenic as the previous holes.

My competition is quite scenic throughout but is much more of a fantasy course. I'll be interested to see how that works out as they are both good examples of their own styles. Nice work Mr. Bomber! I likeey.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

wagtunes

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »
Interested to see what folks think of the latest holes on Wabakimi. They are playing away from the sun so the lighting was difficult to get right. Hole 7 uses a reverse camber in the landing area unless you get REALLY aggressive and can get past the center of the largest bunker. Hole 8 gives you an easier drive to the left...but the only way to get home in two really is to play to the right and the fairway is narrow and runs away. Hole 9 is pretty straightforward...but you can put yourself into a big mess if you cut to much off the tee or get to aggressive on the approach.

Like I said before I think they play well...but they aren't as scenic as the previous holes.

My competition is quite scenic throughout but is much more of a fantasy course. I'll be interested to see how that works out as they are both good examples of their own styles. Nice work Mr. Bomber! I likeey.

I honestly didn't notice any dramatic difference between 7-9 and the first 6. Of course I'm probably not the most observant when it comes to these things being new to the designer. But the course seemed very consistent all the way through. I absolutely love the look and the lighting.

I do have a question about the hills and elevations. How much of that was auto generated and how much did you manually get to look the way it did?

The reason I'm asking is because in CC's latest Links course he mentioned that he did set auto gen elevations to around medium or so. Does that help in giving the course it's "natural" look?

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 11:17:06 AM »
the major elevations were mostly there..but I will admit to doing some heaving lifting in spots to get the views I wanted. I've become much more comfortable with major elevation changes in the last few months. Used to be all I did was smooth out the edges...
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »

Thanks Reebdoog! I will be holding my breath all week long!
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

Reebdoog

• GroupMember
  • needs new clubs...
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »
If fallout 4 is really really really good... 10-12 might be autogen.

Sorry.
Olafsen Skerries
Turu Wero
Warrior Ridge
Hyperion Fields
Old Tom's Ferry
Einstakt Foss Golfklubb
Bandit Ridge
Bridges at Paradise Cove

DAM stuff:
Ardoilean
Silver City Beach Club

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »
If fallout 4 is really really really good... 10-12 might be autogen.

Sorry.
yeah, no doubt! I have that game pre-ordered as well.
My Most Recent:
Cabot Cliffs (LiDAR)
Hackensack Golf Club
Jefferson City CC
The Dunes
Scarboro Golf Club
Itasca Country Club
Sonny's Willow Run
Sonny's Brandon GC
Sonny's Prairie Green GC
Pebble Beach
Firestone Country Club
East Lake Golf Club
Turkey Creek Golf Club

wagtunes

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 08:51:02 PM »
Honestly, I'm stunned that the vote difference was so great. I really thought this one was a toss-up depending on what percentage of voters liked more fantasy style and what percentage liked more realistic style. I guess this might explain why there are so many fantasy courses in the directory.

space-cash