Roundabout Golf Club
22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

HB Design Tournament Rd 3- Westfield Country Club vs Roundabout Golf Club

• 10 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« on: November 02, 2015, 08:29:34 PM »
PursuantMoth76 = Westfield Country Club (9 Hole)

Guitardude_324 = Roundabout Golf Club (9 holes)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:38:31 PM by HB_KeithC »

PursuantMoth76

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 07:59:18 PM »
Westfield Country Club (9 Hole) published!
Courses Designed:
1. TGC Trail @ Adirondack National (US Open Entry)
2. The Sidetrack @ TGC Meadows - HD (9-Hole)
3. The Par 3 Course @ Diablo Canyon (TGCTLive Par 3 Entry)
4. Maile Hohono Golf Club (TGCTLive 9-Hole Entry)
5. Westfield Country Club (HB Studios Contest Entry)

wagtunes

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:03:26 PM »
Westfield Country Club (9 Hole) published!

What a nice, playable course. So enjoyable. My ghost player was Reebdoog and he beat me by 2 strokes on the front 9 as I shot 2 under.

I can't wait for you to finish this course so I can add it to my favorites.

guitardude_324

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
9 holes version is now published.
Steam Name:
guitardude_324

TGC19 Courses:
Featherwind Golf Club
Roundabout Golf Club
Halton Beach G&CC

wagtunes

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 09:44:49 PM »
9 holes version is now published.

Well, I played through the course twice to give it a fair chance.

It's obvious by now that you're greens are going to be very difficult. Combine that with any kind of wind and shooting par, for me anyway, is extremely hard. I shot +2 and +1 on my two tries.

It's very well laid out and very realistic looking, as I said in my previous comments, but it's just not a course I enjoy playing as it's very frustrating. Even 8 foot putts are an adventure and they shouldn't be. Not this much.

So as this is the later rounds and the standards obviously have to be raised, I have to place my vote with Westfield if for no other reason that at least it's a course where I have a chance to shoot par. Since both courses are very close as far as visual and realism, that has to be the deciding factor for me.

But I do wish you luck in the round. I have a feeling it's going to be a very tight vote between those who like easier vs harder courses.

Should be interesting to see who prevails here.

guitardude_324

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2015, 12:07:59 PM »
Sorry to hear you're struggling on the greens.  I will say that I am confident that the greens play fair, and adhere closely to USGA guidelines, which is something I consider every time I place a flag and observe the slope around the hole.  Although the holes are sometimes on a bit of a slope, it's never too steep of a slop that the grid is always green and yellow (within 5ft) of the pin. 

However, I do not want the area around the pin to be flat.  I mainly did that because the course is shorter, (there are a couple short par 4s)  I'm putting a premium on being able to put the golf ball in the best spots on the green for the easiest putts (should be a little bit easier when using a smaller club for the approach shot.)
Steam Name:
guitardude_324

TGC19 Courses:
Featherwind Golf Club
Roundabout Golf Club
Halton Beach G&CC

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2015, 01:14:20 PM »

It's very well laid out and very realistic looking, as I said in my previous comments, but it's just not a course I enjoy playing as it's very frustrating. Even 8 foot putts are an adventure and they shouldn't be. Not this much.

In contrary: Event the worlds best putters sink less then 50% of there puts from 5ft or less. In german these puts are called "Wadenbeisser". That's the kind off puts where you ask your coplayers for some salt after missing because unsalted putters have a bad taste.
Creating courses with artificaily narrowed fairways where there is not alternate then to drive into that narrow imo is trickery and trying to increase the courses difficulty at the wrong end. Sloping greens and use the slopes in a fair manor is simply increasing difficulty where it belongs.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

wagtunes

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 01:52:27 PM »

In contrary: Event the worlds best putters sink less then 50% of there puts from 5ft or less. In german these puts are called "Wadenbeisser". That's the kind off puts where you ask your coplayers for some salt after missing because unsalted putters have a bad taste.
Creating courses with artificaily narrowed fairways where there is not alternate then to drive into that narrow imo is trickery and trying to increase the courses difficulty at the wrong end. Sloping greens and use the slopes in a fair manor is simply increasing difficulty where it belongs.

If that's the case, and I'm sure you're right as I know very little about "real" golf, how are players in this game shooting 13 under. I mean it's crazy. I'm in E class in the tour, just shot an 18 under for 4 rounds and there are guys shooting 13 under in 1 round. Either I'm really that bad or something is rotten in Denmark. Even in 14 to 18 mph winds I saw guys shooting 10 under. At this rate, they're going to have to create a new class to put me in because I'm probaby going to demote out of every one they already have.

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 01:58:38 PM »
....  something is rotten in Denmark. ....
Physics and ... ??? ....
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

elgato71

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2015, 06:17:37 PM »
Roundabout too good too polished

nickweis

• Go in Your Home!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2015, 12:42:51 AM »
Roundabout golf club has set the bar pretty high here I'm my opinion.  All of the courses are very good, so you have to do something better to get ahead.  The bunkers on this course for me put it over the top. Very realistic, not many viable stock shapes, the waste bunkers are fantastic, and the shaping is spot on.   

Obviously many other courses are doing a lot of things well, my votes will be based on which course I would be wanting to return to.

Good luck to everyone.
My Courses:
Red Rock National
The Links @ Inverness Point
Pine Park Lodge (9 hole)
Helena Island Estate (9 hole)
Grizzly Paw Golf Club
Killarney Golf and Country Club
The Great Northern G&CC
The Links of Isolation Island
Coyote Canyon (Original Members, Tour and now 2016 multi)
Steam/PSN: Nickweis12

space-cash