25 (53.2%)
Pelikila Golf Club
22 (46.8%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Design Contest Finals: Apache Creek vs Pelikila Golf Club

• 55 Replies

PursuantMoth76

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 03:01:49 PM »
This is very close but I think Pelikila edges Apache on this one. Apache was very solid all around but Pelikila just had more "WOW" factor in it. You both produced outstanding courses and this vote was extremely close!

Apache Creek 8.75/10
Pelikila Golf Club 9.5/10
Courses Designed:
1. TGC Trail @ Adirondack National (US Open Entry)
2. The Sidetrack @ TGC Meadows - HD (9-Hole)
3. The Par 3 Course @ Diablo Canyon (TGCTLive Par 3 Entry)
4. Maile Hohono Golf Club (TGCTLive 9-Hole Entry)
5. Westfield Country Club (HB Studios Contest Entry)

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »
Great work and hats off to both designs.  My vote has been cast!

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »
Thanks Drive. BTW, your entry is very well done. Love the little touches you put in. It felt like a course I could actually play IRL.

It is indeed very realistic, which is what I loved about it from the beginning. Ultimately, I went with "Raiders Of The Lost Ark" over "A Beautiful Mind."

Wagtunes,

I have enjoyed reading your journey through Bombers course submissions, I remember when the first 3 holes were published you bashed the heel out of it. Now that your game has improved to see you vote for it as the best course is quite funny. Keep on improving your game

Cheers
Cally

Thanks Cally. I have come a long way since I first started playing this game. I still hit those courses that give me fits, especially in 20 moh winds, but for the most part, I'm shooting par or better and that's all I can ask for.

Here's a tip WT move into the wind off target about 20 clicks when driving, and when your within 180 add 1.5 so it would be 30 clicks, now, it won't be perfect BUT, it will help you understand wind better :) I don't use fade or draw anymore unless there are trees stopping me from hitting from the side, as you lose some distance.

Sorry guys not played or voted on these courses yet but will soon really looking forward to them :D

sarintra

• Golf Club Addict
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2015, 08:31:17 PM »
This was really tough.

Congrats to both you guys, its a shame there has to be a loser. Voted.
P1 SEL on xboxone

TGC Tours Paul Seldon

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2015, 08:35:54 PM »
I dont think there are any losers in this one. Everyone gets new courses to play  ;D

Phoenix Jay

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2015, 12:24:23 AM »
just played both courses, and boy are these both top class. Apache is a fun course to play and excellently designed, a guarantee to go in my favorite course list. After going back to practice putting the last few days after a disaster in tgctour, i managed to shoot -9 at apache so way happy :) the next round at pelika, yikes, think a huricane was following me around the course. fabulous course but hitting over some of the ravines into a 17 wind was hard lol. 12-19 on most holes and at least 3 ob lol i suppose +3 is ok. So lets see, both look great, play great, no wonder they made the finals, well done both of you. This should be a very close contest but as someone else mentioned, you are both winners getting here. :)
PSN: Phoenix_Jay    feel free to add me PS4

St Andrews Old Course.
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Thurs/Fri
The Crater CC (HB Design Contest) Sat/Sun

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2015, 12:18:04 PM »
Two amazing courses - one a breathaking, fantasy cliffside setting; the other a stunning journey through the woods.  Both courses play great and challenge you to think around the course - on Pelikila, I purposely hit to an adjacent fairway for a better approach, and at Apache, finding the correct area of the green was critical.

Both fantastic courses are among my favorites.  I hope we get to play both of these on Tour.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2015, 12:31:12 PM »
Finally got around to playing these.  Really hard one for me.

Apache is not as visually stunning, lovely as it is, but playability wise is excellent and a step above Pelikila IMO.  What it did was nothing particularly unique, but how it did it was brilliant.

Visually Pelikila is incredible.  The way that the water is used in particular is excellent.  It had a couple of moments where I found unexpected OOB (partly my fault for not checking).  My score wasn't helped by a 30% duff shot when I wasn't meaning to tee off straight into OOB.  I also duffed a shot out of a bunker into a waste area where I wasn't OOB, but I had to hit up around 40ft and came up slightly short falling back into the waste area where, to my surprise, I was OOB.  Was too close to get an overhead view but the inconstancy annoyed me.  It is a shame that we can't mark water hazards as I suspect most of the OOB would have been a lateral water hazard based off the red stakes which would have been better, however given that we don't have the ability to do that, white stakes would have been better for me as a visual warning.

In short, I can't decide right now...  If I ignore my gameplay gripes with Pelikila then it probably gets my vote, I prob need to play again to determine whether it was my bad play or design issues.  I suspect its a bit of both
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2015, 02:22:51 PM »
The winner of the contest is going to be announced tomorrow night!  I am aiming for 7pm EST for the results show.  The voting will stay open to the last minute.

The voting is extremely close at the moment!

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 08:09:05 PM »
Design Contest Final vote coming up in a few minutes!

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 08:34:38 PM »
Congrats to Apache Creek!   Final vote was 25-22 so that was great to see 47 people take the time to cast their vote on the contest finalists.

Both are great courses and will be heading straight to the Suggested List!

For all of the original 32 courses that are completed out to 18 holes, I will set up a Tour in January.  You can make any changes you want including holes that were submitted to the contest.  Just try to keep the same theme to your course.

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 08:37:38 PM »
Wow that was close! Well done DT! great course!

Shame there had to be a loser!

drivert

• GroupMember
  • XBOX GT is mariner175
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »
Wow that was close! Well done DT! great course!

Shame there had to be a loser!

Thank you Rob

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
Congrats again, Drivert! It was a fun contest, super happy to make it to the finals!
Check out all my course's, listed in the OP of my "friendBOMBER's course catalog" thread in TGC2019 completed courses:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=29412.msg351275#msg351275

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
Final results show video has processed

https://youtu.be/V5KLsjF2MZ4

space-cash