March update

• 45 Replies

rdh

« on: December 02, 2015, 07:43:50 PM »
First off, I am not dismissing the December update!  It looks GREAT and i'm really excited to see how the new rustic theme and texture/mow pattern options translate to great new courses to play.  Well done HB!

Assuming the update is in the "polishing" stage to submit to MS/Sony in the next couple weeks, I expect HB is now prioritizing what to focus on for the march update.  So, I figured i'd throw out my thoughts on that and others can as well.  Realistically decisions will need to be made this month to schedule development in January/February, so if we don't provide input now it will probably be too late in January.

These aren't the things I want the most as I think those are bigger changes that will be longer term if ever (multiple tees for each player to select on the simulator edition, custom objects in the designer, etc.).  These are items that I think would be good next steps for the game that SHOULD also be reasonable for the March update in terms of effort.

1. Ability to scale objects (trees, etc.) below 1:1 size.

2. Alternate shot, scramble and skins game modes added for live multiplayer.  Ideally the scramble mode would have options to break up the group (i.e. 2 players on scramble mode versus the other two players in the group) or do play as a complete group (i.e. scramble with all four players playing as a team) - ties in to #4.

3. Ability to add more than 4 players to games.  This is a big one for the simulator edition.  This should also facilitate having multiple teams for some of the multiplayer modes.  i.e. three 2-man teams playing scramble or alternate shot

4. This would be cool but it's probably more work than can be done for March.  Enabling tournaments to be set up that use the new game modes would be AWESOME.  Users would still need to coordinate the actual live play with their partner(s), but how awesome would it be to have a 4-man scramble tournament where people get together groups of their friends and enter the tournament playing as a team?  Alternate shot or two ball would be the same idea.  This would be very cool for simulator users.

5. Some new backdrop options across all themes.  One commonly requested example is a backdrop option with a cityscape.  An urban backdrop would be awesome if it could be added as a new option in each theme (tropical courses have urban settings just as parkland...er, rustic...courses do).

I'm hoping 1, 2 and 3 are manageable for march.  I'd love to see 4, but that would probably have to wait for a future update...just building #2 and getting it working properly would obviously be a prerequisite for #4.

Anyway...those are my suggestions.  Chime in folks!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 07:56:19 PM by rdh »

stan_solo

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 08:03:07 PM »
Give the guys a holiday   ::)

rdh

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 08:23:18 PM »
Hee hee...I knew I was asking for it with this thread!  I'm not on their case at all here - the December update is awesome (the rustic theme is every bit as good as i'd hoped!).  I just know they'll have to start planning the priorities this month for the development work to happen in January/March, so better to get suggestions out now than later.  I know there are suggestions all over the place, but it's hard to keep track of them and I've asked for things that I know are longer term...so just wanted to start a thread suggesting things that (we think) might be feasible for March.

In the meantime...can't wait for the December update!

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
No hollidays before the AMD issue is finaly resolved.  ;)
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:58:57 PM »
Yep - I'm surprised that the "normal" game-modes have not gotten higher priority considering the simulator positioning.

Dont forget multiple tees and maybe less importantly pin-sets - all useable over all game-modes.

IDontShineShoesAnymore

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 01:46:37 AM »
Being able to play online with people NOT on your friends list would hopefully make next update. Hard for me to get excited otherwise, but grateful for this step in the right direction multiplayer wise.
  Great game continues to improve with each update. Skins down the road would be a blast as well.
"We don't see that on our end"

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 02:24:37 AM »
A Ryder cup tournament format would be cool.

Also, a match play ladder system.

Irl, the typical country club game is a scotch.  That could be perfect for the casual vibe. 
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 02:29:29 AM by TaS »

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 12:51:09 PM »
As for the designer........
The big one..... Increased object limit capacity.
New Backdrops !!!!  I'd love to see one with a city in the distance on each theme.
The ability to place bridges above the water level.  More Trees, Rock shapes, Plants and Shrubs.  Some different vehicles as well.....
More and different buildings..... Houses especially.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:52:41 PM by Djmwau »
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

kckfire

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 08:43:13 PM »
#1 yes.
My designs:

Quarry Pines
Wild Dunes
Tobacco Dunes
Firefighter Memorial

Oswinner

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 10:52:43 AM »
Changes to the gameplay. Ie: Harder to hit the ball straight. I want to at least half-sweat using a driver. The development team cannot celebrate the release of the December update or even Christmas itself until this has been confirmed!!!

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 12:20:21 PM »
Changes to the gameplay. Ie: Harder to hit the ball straight. I want to at least half-sweat using a driver. The development team cannot celebrate the release of the December update or even Christmas itself until this has been confirmed!!!

Since they have gone completely silent on this issue, I take that to mean that swing mechanic challenge is not a priority. I sure do miss the good things about this game, but I can't get past the swing mechanic any longer as it is not challenging to me.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 12:30:00 PM »
Same old top priority from my side:
  • Full set of golf rules, eg. waterhazards (definition in GNCD) and rules in game.
  • corrected balls physics.
And, as we now have more game-modes:
  • ingame list: "looking for a game". Or as minimalistic solution as list of all players online.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2015, 12:34:33 PM »
I tried many times yesterday to get online and try the new multiplayer options but couldn't get anyone who had time to play.   Last night I had someone finally invite me,  but I didn't have time to play.   It's neat these modes of play are in the game but I'm hoping that by the march update they figure out how to add other players not on our friends list because the way it's going now,  it's going to take a march update before we can get a review on how the new modes work because of the difficulty getting 3 other players on board at the same time.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

jcauthen04

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2015, 03:34:13 PM »
Time to bring the dead horse out of the stable one more time... I want to see a reverse-angle landing camera option with the March update  ;D
Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2015, 03:45:36 PM »
Time to bring the dead horse out of the stable one more time... I want to see a reverse-angle landing camera option with the March update  ;D

We're saving this for our "jcauthen04 Sports Broadcaster Simulation 2016" out in July :D

space-cash