March update

• 45 Replies

golly72

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2016, 09:11:14 AM »
Personally having not played TGC for very long it would be a great help to have the option of a chipping and putting area you can practise on before your round.  This could be limited to a few minutes so as to not keep others waiting if multiplayer, but lets face it IRL you would always spend time getting used to the daily speed and receptiveness of the greens before commencing your round.

Also I have seen a lot of comments and criticism regarding the lofting of clubs.  Again IRL you can change the position of your hands up or down the grip to provide minor tweaks to distance in conjunction with moving the ball forward and backwards in your stance.  I guess it is just an easy way to incorporate this.

An easy update which would really help would be to have the ability to move your player within the legal bounds of the tee box.

Great game though and some fantastic designs out there!

Dusty Roads

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2016, 11:06:24 AM »
Personally having not played TGC for very long it would be a great help to have the option of a chipping and putting area you can practise on before your round.  This could be limited to a few minutes so as to not keep others waiting if multiplayer, but lets face it IRL you would always spend time getting used to the daily speed and receptiveness of the greens before commencing your round.

Also I have seen a lot of comments and criticism regarding the lofting of clubs.  Again IRL you can change the position of your hands up or down the grip to provide minor tweaks to distance in conjunction with moving the ball forward and backwards in your stance.  I guess it is just an easy way to incorporate this.

An easy update which would really help would be to have the ability to move your player within the legal bounds of the tee box.

Before you go online to play, why not just load up a practice hole you can make yourself?

I agree with the lofting comment. Let's do away with the current system and incorporate a view of hand and feet positioning. Now that would be real golf.

golly72

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 03:27:35 PM »

Before you go online to play, why not just load up a practice hole you can make yourself?

I agree with the lofting comment. Let's do away with the current system and incorporate a view of hand and feet positioning. Now that would be real golf.
TBH when playing on my own I simply play the first hole making sure to miss the green (which I find quite easy to do) and then take afew practice putts before restarting the round.

Would love a Fantasy theme.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

rdh

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
Still hoping for some info from HB on the update.  There's basically 6 weeks of development/testing time until march (not saying the update needs to come out at the start of the month...but anyway) so some decisions on the new features/content must have been made by now unless the developers are working on projects other than TGC right now?

stan_solo

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2016, 04:53:47 PM »
unless the developers are working on projects other than TGC right now?

TGC 2      ;)  8)

Rob Landon80

• tgctours.com bitches
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2016, 06:13:50 PM »
Dunno if been mentioned but is there any way they could incorporate copy, cut and paste as well as some new buildings and bridges in the gncd?

rdh

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2016, 06:20:21 PM »
I'd just appreciate HB hopping on here to give any kind of response, even if it's just to say that there's a meeting scheduled on January X to decide what the functionality enhancements will be.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2016, 06:47:18 PM »
unless the developers are working on projects other than TGC right now?

TGC 2      ;)  8)

You have any proof or just your opinion?
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

stan_solo

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
sorry ......... just speculating

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2016, 07:09:24 PM »
All I want for Marchmas is the ability to hide my crappy old courses.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 07:57:48 PM »
Scarp, I sincerely doubt that you have any crappy old courses.  Maybe not up to the Olympian level of design you publish now, but I'm sure they are better than most anyways.
I do agree though, I would love to be able to delete old courses.  You would think that HB would like to free up space on their servers.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 08:31:55 PM »
Scarp, I sincerely doubt that you have any crappy old courses.  Maybe not up to the Olympian level of design you publish now, but I'm sure they are better than most anyways.
I do agree though, I would love to be able to delete old courses.  You would think that HB would like to free up space on their servers.

Thanks, but my first many attempts are so so very bad. Don't believe me?  Give Scarpacci Country Club at go. Actually dont.  It's full of farts. It really took me a while to get the hang of the designer. I'm re-working a few from over a year ago that had potential but there are some beyond repair that I would like to go away forever.  It would be nice to wipe out the originals after I update them as well.

Although I must admit I did look back at a lot of the top designers to see their first courses and it did give me hope at the time.  I really have too much time on my hands sometimes.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2016, 10:53:53 PM »
Don't stress on it.  I know how you feel though wanting to delete the old courses.  HB ????? Are you listening.  I really don't see how it would be a problem to let users delete THEIR OWN courses.  Now I wouldn't want anybody else to delete them, only me.  Same as someone else wouldn't appreciate me deleting theirs.  It would turn into a war.  I'm a fan of your courses.  You do good work.  Dan
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 10:55:02 PM »

Thanks, but my first many attempts are so so very bad. Don't believe me?  Give Scarpacci Country Club at go. Actually dont.  It's full of farts. It really took me a while to get the hang of the designer. I'm re-working a few from over a year ago that had potential but there are some beyond repair that I would like to go away forever.  It would be nice to wipe out the originals after I update them as well.

Although I must admit I did look back at a lot of the top designers to see their first courses and it did give me hope at the time.  I really have too much time on my hands sometimes.

I challenge your first one with mine "Wood Rush Golf Club" lol - dear lord - autogen city sooooo bad

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 11:03:34 PM »
Playing it tonight. I'll let you know who wins the biggest loser.

space-cash