Glen Abbey GC (White Tees) by BoomBoom

• 56 Replies

BoomBoom

« on: December 14, 2015, 08:46:07 AM »
Well it's finally here, Canadians will be pleased, Glen Abbey has finally arrived to the Golf Club.

However, it is only the white tees for now. Plays exactly as it would if you showed up to the course in September, with your buddies, your cooler, dropped your $250 in the pro shop, and were quickly ushered to the white tees as not every one in your group is a single handicap. Measuring in at 6700 yards you will likely play this real life recreation far better though.

Med fast greens, medium everything else.

While standing on the White tees and thinking to yourself, hmm this will be an easy hole, look back and wonder what it will be like to tee off from the tips.

Stay tuned, for the full on full out Glen Abbey in the Thursday - Sunday Canadian Open versions. They will feature the true teeth of Glen Abbey, with the course having the ability to stretch out to nearly 8000 yards, it wont be the hardest test of golf, but it will require an A game.

Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

rdh

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:22:25 AM »
Heading to the tee now...looks fantastic!

blueorfe

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 09:27:46 AM »

You are in for a treat  :)

This is superb BoomBoom, I've never played Glen Abbey on a golf game before or played the real course but this looks and plays amazing  :)

I can't wait for the longer, tougher versions. I'm pretty sure it will be snapped up by all of the tours.

That grandstand on 18 looks perfect, a great finishing hole which really stands out, with that inventive feature  :)

A ten from me and favoured.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 09:30:07 AM by blueorfe »
Steam -  blueorfe
PSN    -   blueorfe

i5 4690k 4.1Ghz
MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X
MSI z97 gaming 3
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
EVGA SuperNOVA 850W
DS4 Controller
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

HGD Twelve Bridges Tournament Edition
HGD Walkers Heath Park

[img]http://i.imgur.com/

rdh

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »
This was worth the wait BoomBoom - awesome job on the abbey!  I love it.  I do think it will be a bit too challenging for mid/high handicappers on the simulator though.  With a couple tweaks I think it will be one of the best RCRs for simulator play.  Just shortening some of the longer par 4s to get it to the 6400-6500 range and then flattening out the greens a bit (mainly around the hole).  Right now I see the potential for 3 and 4 putts on several of them as putting on the simulator is more challenging.  Hopefully you would be open to doing that.  :)

Again...well done.  Really impressed here!

BoomBoom

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 10:15:14 AM »

You are in for a treat  :)

This is superb BoomBoom, I've never played Glen Abbey on a golf game before or played the real course but this looks and plays amazing  :)

I can't wait for the longer, tougher versions. I'm pretty sure it will be snapped up by all of the tours.

That grandstand on 18 looks perfect, a great finishing hole which really stands out, with that inventive feature  :)

A ten from me and favoured.

TY for that.

For the Canadian Open versions the holes get re-ordered and 1 of the now par 5's becomes a par 4 and it gets a whole bunch longer. However I plan on varying everything, all the tees and the conditions getting mixed up for the 4 days. I'm still thinking of the conditions, but one day may see 187 greens with the next at 101 greens or vice versa.

However I'm planning on a members black tee version before I get into the open set-ups and I see I will need a pro-tee version as well.  The black tees will just simply play from as far back as I can get it. You will no longer be able to fly the trees and the bunkers and some holes will become real beasts.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:18:29 AM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 10:23:33 AM »
Don't go too slow on the green speeds. Keep in mind that  the games 187 is not even 9 on the stump and way slower than tour greens IRL. 101 is like putting on fairway.

Small tweaks between 155-187 is enough to make it challenging IMHO.

Can't wait to see the tour version.

BoomBoom

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 12:42:31 PM »
Black tees are published.

Everything same as white condition wise, 7800 yards, grand ole Glen Abbey just showing some of her fangs is all.

You no like fangs, play white tee.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

zarlyy

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
Awesome can't wait to try it. I've being waiting for this. 

Ckl - Sim user

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 05:38:58 PM »
Just back from vacation and can't wait to play this one.

davidkaja

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 07:00:07 PM »
I no like fangs......played the white tee version. Fantastic, everyone is in for a real treat with this course, loved the lighting and mist effect. Really hope this gets the plays it deserves. Thanks for creating / publishing.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 07:11:27 PM »
Very good course! Smallish greens made it feel very realistic. Quite a lot of slope on those greens  - if that is representative of the real course then it's really tricky IRL. I think a lot of designers could benefit from studying these green complexes.

I wonder if HB golfer has enough bite to hold those greens from the back tees...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomBoom

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 07:26:16 PM »
Blueorf shot -15, black tees, right out of the gate, so yeah, it's no monster, but I'm sure he played out of his shoes to do it.

I think just like RL, I would not recommend anyone other than someone who likes a challenge to step on the black tees. Some of those tees require some pretty precise tee shots. The white tees although short has a little bite and is a fun round IMHO. The black tees make you sweat, the white tees is just fun.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:30:18 PM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Ramjet36

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 07:51:44 PM »
Boom:  You did a great job with this course.  Wonderful layout.  Finishing hole was perfect.  Liked how you did the grandstand.  Liked how you put the stairs on the outside of the shelters.  When I did mine, a few courses ago, I put mine inside.  Liked your method much better.  Gave it a solid 9.
Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 10:48:45 PM »
Two thumbs, two toes, any more could get a little weird  ;) ..
Seriously, one that i will play many times.....faved...had to throw up some screenies........Cheers.. ;D

Bubba22

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2015, 10:58:01 PM »
Looks awesome Boom. I like an hour away from Abbey and played it several times. In fact had a hole in 1 on the short par 3. Thanks a million from all the simulator folks.

space-cash