Latest Patch

• 5 Replies

ozgreat

« on: December 28, 2015, 06:13:47 AM »
Hello HB and fellow Members.

Having had this game since August last year, like most of you, have adapted to the many changes that HB had made to improve the game and I congratulate the HB team for their tireless effort.

I am not sure if this just relates to PC but as I only play PC/Mouse I am posting my question here.

Around September/October there were major issues with putting for my platform and after small patches things went along fair to okay. Again after we had adapted to the changes and fixes.

My question and concern here is with the latest major patch that to myself and a number of other playing partners are experiencing really unusual and very frustrating putting issues.

To me, the cup seems smaller, probably is not, and very, very frequently a slow putt will go over the centre of the cup and gravity does not come into play.

In addition, and I certainly understand what breaks etc are on the green but now just the very slightest break is affecting the ball right at the very end of the roll and on the edge of the cup. In the past you could adjust for this but now the breaks, in my opinion, are much more severe towards the completion of the putt.

Like I said, I am not a new player, so I am coming from the 'old school' all the way through until now.

One of my playing partners told me that he had "heard"? that the physics of putting had been changed.?

Or has the general rule of 'cause and effect' been manipulated in the latest patch?

So I am asking HB if you could explain in 'layman's' terms exactly what was changed in the latest patch. I am old, but not eccentric and I swear, together with a number of friends, that change has occurred and in our opinion not for the better of PC/Mouse players.

I understand we are all in Holiday mood and I do not wish to interrupt that.

So a belated Happy Christmas and my wishes to all of you a prosperous and most importantly a very safe New Year.

Kind regards to all,

oz

(Anyone that wishes to friend me on Steam to link up for a game when it is convenient for both or more please do so........................"ozgreat"........... Steam and TGC forum the same)

It is impossible to imagine Goethe or Beethoven being good at billiards or golf.

H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

PinHi

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 10:12:50 AM »
Hi Oz
Played since end of Aug 2014 and there has been some changes in putting - some of tweaks made it terrible - but they continued to tweak to what we have now. I find it really quite good now and if they never tweak again that would be okay with me. Check out your settings in game for adjustment in mouse - I have not looked at it lately but I did change mine some time back - I think I put it at 53 or 55. Try different settings go up or down on that setting until you find one that is good for you. I believe you will find that will make the difference.   :)

BoomBoom

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »
"To me, the cup seems smaller, probably is not, and very, very frequently a slow putt will go over the centre of the cup and gravity does not come into play."

What seems weird to me, if the putt is hit with good speed it will easily lip out unless hit dead center, which is great IMHO, but it will drop if hit with gusto, Not sure that is overly accurate.

Fired up the controller yesterday, is there a different team or something working on these things? Heavy rough for i.e, with the mouse is a total crap shoot line wise, even with a level lie (good) controller, line is barely effected at all from a level lie. (bad) Other differences I noticed, mouse, ok so I'm getting used to and live with squirts off the level tee, controller, nothing, ball just fires on target every time. Chipping with mouse, still easy, but line is effected by stance or squirt to a larger degree then controller. Controller chipping is far more accurate and to a large degree much easier than mouse. Same goes for flops and pitching, Controller is far easier.

Mouse has the advantage on power, but only slightly, had to give something to the mouse.

Just my observations, I still love the game Anthony, relax will ya.......!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 10:25:14 AM by BoomBoom »
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
For the mouse: Obviously the latest reduction of sampling rate to improve the performance of PS4's not only affected these controllers. I had to drastically reduce DPI and increase ingame sensitivity for my mouse to get it somehow playable again.
But are 2 major issues, i can't get rid of. No matter what my settings are:
  • Out of nowhere i get drastically! (like 50-60%) shots without moving less or slower. Something like 1-2 shots per round. I had this earlier, before the ingame sensitivity option was introduces every once in a while; probably when my PC's local performance temporarily went low. But now it realy happens out of nowhere.
  • All! puts longer then about 8m (24ft) are hit with in the 1st fraction (like less then 0.1mm) of forward movement at only the speed of the yellow marker, without any regard of my mouse movement. This one is totaly independent of any of my settings (DPI or sensitivity) and it happens on a regular basis.
I never had these problems in this form before. They both started only after resolving the latest PS4 issues that realy should not be connected to PC/mouse/keyboard in any form.
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 09:04:10 PM »
"To me, the cup seems smaller, probably is not, and very, very frequently a slow putt will go over the centre of the cup and gravity does not come into play."

What seems weird to me, if the putt is hit with good speed it will easily lip out unless hit dead center, which is great IMHO, but it will drop if hit with gusto, Not sure that is overly accurate.

Fired up the controller yesterday, is there a different team or something working on these things? Heavy rough for i.e, with the mouse is a total crap shoot line wise, even with a level lie (good) controller, line is barely effected at all from a level lie. (bad) Other differences I noticed, mouse, ok so I'm getting used to and live with squirts off the level tee, controller, nothing, ball just fires on target every time. Chipping with mouse, still easy, but line is effected by stance or squirt to a larger degree then controller. Controller chipping is far more accurate and to a large degree much easier than mouse. Same goes for flops and pitching, Controller is far easier.

Mouse has the advantage on power, but only slightly, had to give something to the mouse.

Just my observations, I still love the game Anthony, relax will ya.......!

I guess people got tired of complaining.  I never knew that controllers had such an easier time with ball lie not affecting chips as much.  Seriously if you can't make the swing for the same platform whether you are using a controller or not, what is the purpose of having it on that platform?  Seriously, I would love to know how many PC users actually own/use a controller.  It isn't something you pick up when you buy a PC normally. It isn't part of the Costco deal.  The mouse swing was great before HB changed it to make it more like the other swings, but even that we see that it really isn't like it at all.  On a controller you can't stop your swing.  I'm very saddened by the lack of comments.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 11:23:39 PM »
PC is a minor part of the game. But being able to stop the swing really irks me. I think that clearly on the margin PC has an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

space-cash