Enhancements to follow cam...hopefully for march

• 27 Replies

rdh

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 01:10:03 PM »
Agreed...but i'm not looking for something every day.  We have been waiting since the December update for any information on what will be in the next update.  Two and a half months with not a single thing disclosed about what we can expect.  That's why I keep asking for something.  If there had been even a single comment sometime in the past two months to let us know a few things that were planned for the update, I would have never asked for anything more.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 02:21:07 PM »
It hasn't been months, it's been a couple of weeks.

Hi guys,
They've not stopped, it's just there isn't much to talk about at the moment. Much like I said in the December Dev Update - http://thegolfclubgame.com/2015/12/02/dev-diary-december-update/

When we released the game we had a plan to update it for over a year - which we're at and see what the demand for this type of golf game was.
The game has been way more successful than we thought, we've updated the game features way more than we ever planned on doing and now it's time to really take stock and contemplate our next move.

Taking our foot off the pedal a little means that as a team we're playing the game a lot now. As we're playing we're making notes on what we want to do, comparing them to the threads and threads of suggestions on here and other forums.
If you're on TGCTours you'll see that I'm playing weekly now. It's nice to have the time just to enjoy the game.

Once we've got a definitive list of what we want to do we then have to decide what is the best way to go about implementing these from a business and gaming perceptive. Things like
  • Will we need to move to Unity5
  • How do we achieve a harder game from the Tee to Green without it becoming frustrating to new users
  • How best to solve PC GFX card issues
  • What improvements do we want to add to Course Creator
  • How do we improve Online play
  • How do I get every golf fan to know that there is this great golf game called TGC

Once we have these answered, we can then create a plan and from that plan decide if we want to do a TGC2 or continue to update what we have.

I'm still here interacting with the community daily. But I want Dev Diaries and Twitch streams to be interesting, not ramblings of a developer trying to get 500 words out. It not a good use of my time and not interesting for you. They're only good when I have something to say. I hope you understand.

thanks
Anthony

rdh

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2016, 02:47:24 PM »
It's silly that we're arguing about this, but that post from Anthony said nothing about the march update.  It was an update on the big picture stuff they're looking at as they decide the long-term direction and whether to start a new version or continue to build.  I'll say it again...it's been two and a half months and we don't know a single little thing that's planned for the march update.  It would just be nice to know something. 

Yes...I realize i'm just going to have to shut up and wait since nothing is being said.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »
Did you read this?

Once we've got a definitive list of what we want to do we then have to decide what is the best way to go about implementing these from a business and gaming perceptive.

2 weeks ago, not everyone makes a list overnight.

rdh

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 03:07:08 PM »
Again...that's their statement on figuring out what they want to do long term.  At the time the above statements were made, they had already been working on a march update.  They just haven't said what it might include.

Enough...I'll drop it.  This is getting sillier by the minute.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 03:09:50 PM »
Finally caught on  ;)

bob5453

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2016, 04:30:37 PM »
Again...that's their statement on figuring out what they want to do long term.  At the time the above statements were made, they had already been working on a march update.  They just haven't said what it might include.

Enough...I'll drop it.  This is getting sillier by the minute.

I don't believe any devs were working on the update when that post was made. I don't believe a single person besides Anthony spent any time on this game (other than playing the game) at the time that post was made. HB has other projects they work on, I believe Anthony is the only full time guy for TGC (and Keith reading forum posts) and he talks to the other devs during their lunch breaks. :) He was in the "thinking stage" when he wrote that post, thinking how he can milk his TGC paycheck for a few more years.  ;) These are just my beliefs and my belief means nothing to anyone except me.
My TGC 2019 courses
Enchanted Mountain 2019
Roy Rogers Happy Trails 2019
Gilligan's Island Par 3 2019
The Big Valley 2019

*** Courses all have crowds added ***

stan_solo

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2016, 06:39:30 PM »
We do have an update pending which I think will be pushed towards April

So work is going on behind the scenes ... patience is the key

FRSTDWN

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2016, 01:24:02 PM »
I think the camera that does not follow the ball is the best I have seen in a golf game. With no ball trail and no aim marker it feels and looks like hitting a real ball.  What makes it better is can go to the follow cam at any point during the balls flight. I love that option. What I would like is the option to have the same thing for my opponents ball. As of now all I can do is fly with the ball.  Of course the best option would be to have the camera be from your view as they hit. That would be very cool.
RIP TIM AKA DIVOTMAKER YOU WILL BE MISSED!

XB1 X
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Scuf Elite Controller
LG C7
Denon AVR-S920W Receiver
Klipsch Surround sound
Fiber 250 Down Up

TGC 2019 Multiplayer Community Club
4 Letter Word No assists Society
TST Tour Member

GOLF IS A 4 LETTER WORD
LOFT IT UP

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 06:10:26 AM »
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHack

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2016, 08:09:53 PM »
I have captured a couple of times a glitch that keeps the ball in view in the aftershot view. I have posted this as an example of a view I would love to see implemented as an optional after view.
See the following video showing the glitch. I did not click anything to cause this to happen, I just noticed it a few times while playing.

https://youtu.be/Bdk4h8MiU6Y

What do you guys think? Wouldn't you like this in that game view options also :)     

Leovox68

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2016, 12:45:51 PM »
I see everyone talking here about Updates, and, being a newbie, I asked in an earlier post where updates can be found. I've just purchased the Collector's Edition of the game for PC on Steam, but I can't find anything that looks remotely like an update download. I really would be grateful if someone could at least point me in the right direction. In particular I'm trying to find the update that allows multiple object placement in GNCD. It's mentioned in one of the tutorials but it doesn't seem to be available in the version that I have.

matt

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2016, 10:56:45 PM »
I see everyone talking here about Updates, and, being a newbie, I asked in an earlier post where updates can be found. I've just purchased the Collector's Edition of the game for PC on Steam, but I can't find anything that looks remotely like an update download. I really would be grateful if someone could at least point me in the right direction. In particular I'm trying to find the update that allows multiple object placement in GNCD. It's mentioned in one of the tutorials but it doesn't seem to be available in the version that I have.
Steam will automatically download and install an update when one is available. It will also tell you what version of the game you are running. If you bought it recently, it'll come with updates that had been released until that point.

In other news, I would like a follow cam that looks more towards the green.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 10:58:16 PM by matt »

space-cash