Wild Goose Run Country Club

• 21 Replies

Ramjet36

« on: January 07, 2016, 08:20:37 PM »
Introducing “ Wild Goose Run Country Club “

This course is a makeover of the Blue Goose Golf and Resort.  The original design did not really have the snap that I wanted from it so I have changed the theme to Rustic and have done a redesign of most of the holes. 
Many of my courses have trended toward easy play.  I tried to make this one my most challenging edition so it may tend not to be as popular.  However, it does NOT have crazy small fairways or greens.  It does, have more hazards, green contouring, strategic plantings, traps and water than my past courses. 
As always I have tried to make each hole unique and interesting. 
I made this one for my own enjoyment but I hope many of you will give this one a try and have some fun with it as well.

For my education please let me know your impressions after giving it a play.  The good or the bad. Give it to me straight.  I can take it.

Courses created:   PS4  ID:  RAMJET-36
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

bigcat023

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 11:22:58 PM »
Nice work Ramjet . Imo your best sofar .It gave me a headache had to do way to much thinking . These green might be the best I've played on firmness was perfect to go along with the right speed and enough breaks to keep you honest . The layout and routing was awesome .The par three on i think number 7 was outstanding . This is a must play for all.
Fairways Of Mt Garibaldi      Whispering Winds                                   Sawmill Creek   
Whitefox Club                          Devilfish Bay          Valley Glenn
Orchard Lake                            Campbells Run      Ballydehob
Ojibway Trail                             Windsor Grove

HB_Owen

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 11:03:50 AM »
Nice work!! Looks amazing!

Ramjet36

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »
Nice work Ramjet . Imo your best sofar .It gave me a headache had to do way to much thinking . These green might be the best I've played on firmness was perfect to go along with the right speed and enough breaks to keep you honest . The layout and routing was awesome .The par three on i think number 7 was outstanding . This is a must play for all.

Thanks Bigcat.  These comments are especially gratifying coming from you since for some time now I have enjoyed and attempted to learn from your own designs.  For my own part I just love a course with plenty of trees.  Just an arborist at heart.  That's why I like the rustic theme.  A nice variety to choose from.
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

Antiparosjez

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 08:31:56 AM »
Be there soon!
Domino Sands Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden

Artfull_dodger__

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 10:15:42 AM »
Play this course this morning and really enjoyed my round.Nice touches of detail with planting that adds to the feel of the course which I appreciate.well done bud very nice work.
My courses
Early-1981's Loch Ness
The Misty Mountains
Valley of the Kings
The Hogs Breath Manor
Pop's Devils island
The Little lakes golf club
Mirkwood
The Old Course of H-B-M
The Inca’s Colosseum

Antiparosjez

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
Lots of hours put into this one mate, thanks for creating. Hope you get more plays than I've been getting lately.
Domino Sands Man of Kent Power Station Grendel Woods The Pier Sandyhurst Lakes North Kernow, Chart Lakes, West Foreland Elysium Park, White Mountain, Easter Bay, White Rocks,Stour Manor, Samphire Golf Links, The Estate, Romney Harbour, Kingston Park, Gull Rock, City Park, Mullion Cliffs, Wealden

Ramjet36

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2016, 03:25:04 PM »
Wow, I feel like I just met the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, and she promptly and swiftly kicked my ass. Fortunate enough to play this gorgeous course at 2880 x 1620 on a 55" TV. The trees, planting and layout are truly a work of art. I was however letdown a little at #16, I personally did not care for the rock formations mid hole. I thought it crossed over just a tad to a fantasy course. Other than that, thank you for your superb work on this, what a treat!

Thanks for your comments and honest assessment of this course Bsather.  Well at least up until you went off the rails with your comments about the 16th hole.   ;)
No just kidding, I stand guilty as charged with that hole.  I told my ground crew that I wanted them to put together a unique par 3 hole that was based upon the legend of Shangri-La.  You may remember the story (& old, old movie) where a group lost in the Himalayan mountains suddenly comes through a mountain pass and sees a beautiful hidden garden paradise. 
Well the next morning, after I sobered up and saw what I and my crew had constructed I just didn’t have the heart to fire them and scrap the work done.
I always want to design holes that each feel a little special.  I also want some holes where there is enough danger to get your (and my) blood moving a bit.  I guess this hole is a little more special than usual. 
For the rest of you take a look and let me know what you think.  I look forward to your comments.
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 09:02:27 PM »
Hope you don't mind, but those designer pics just do not do this course justice...Mine probably don't neither, but just had to put some up .........absolute beauty...........Cheers..

Ramjet36

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 11:44:26 AM »
Karma:  Thanks so much for the addition of your picture taking expertise to this post.  Always a welcome addition.  Also, nice that you happened to include a picture of the par 3 "Shangri-La" hole that Bsather and I discussed in an above post.  Hope that it promotes some player interest and conversation regarding it and the course. 
Peppers Point
Lamp Lighter Harbor

JRuckles

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 01:43:58 PM »
That rock hole is a conversation starter indeed.  Evergreen Golf Course in CO actually has a par 3 that plays OVER a huge boulder (there's an arrow painted on the boulder to tell you where to aim and then you ring a bell when you're done on the green so the next group knows it's "safe" to tee off.  It looks like your hole gives at least a little more visibility to green than that hole - haha.  Regardless - I've been meaning to give this course a try based on some of your pics on the WIP thread, will let you know how it goes.

wagtunes

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 02:57:47 PM »
Stumbled onto this designer by accident. Had to have somebody do a search to find out who it was. Played this and just about all his courses. Guy's a mad genius. Beware of those greens and some of the approach shots. I found myself cursing under my breath a few times. Great designer with some really challenging courses. Give this one a play. You won't be sorry.

Antiparosjez

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 03:46:53 PM »
Greens are tricky on this one, you're right

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 12:31:05 AM »
Hi RAMJET,

I played your course the other night.  It is quite lovely and plays well too.  Quite a step up from the previous rendition.  Personally, I felt the greens were a bit too harsh near the pins and the contouring felt a bit forced.  Believe me when I say I understand the difficulties in creating a realistic course that plays challenging so I can understand why you went that route.

Keep up the good work!

JRuckles

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 08:12:07 AM »
Ramjet- Got around to playing this one.  I am currently going "true sim style" when I play and I ended up shooting an 80, but I had a fun time out there - and the reason I did is because every single hole was thoughtfully designed, you really have to review the landing areas and assess what approach it would leave, which I found enjoyable :)

The greens certainly are tricky / slopey, but I still managed OK with no green grid so I really don't think they are unfair - just play on the hard side.  I clipped a tree on my approach on 18 which dropped me into the "rock-garden-OB" otherwise I would've kept it in the 70s..  Thanks again for keeping the routing interesting and mixing up the hole designs - well done in my opinion.

space-cash