THE CRASHES !!!!! THE CRASHES !!!!!!!

• 22 Replies

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
No crashes at all on my exit and reload method now, but nerves still make me save if someone interrupts me or says pass me that tv remote etc, Lol.

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »
No crashes at all on my exit and reload method now, but nerves still make me save if someone interrupts me or says pass me that tv remote etc, Lol.

That works for you...not many others. Please quit promoting it as a fix...it's not.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 11:39:00 AM »
I'm getting the fix...... I just bought a GTX 970 card and have ordered the rest of the parts to build a new Intel Skylake 64GB DDR4 Rig.  It crashes now, I'm done.  Another $2G to play TGC.   >:(
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 03:12:37 PM »
I'm getting the fix...... I just bought a GTX 970 card and have ordered the rest of the parts to build a new Intel Skylake 64GB DDR4 Rig.  It crashes now, I'm done.  Another $2G to play TGC.   >:(

I'm seriously thinking about purchasing the game for my laptop just to design on.

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2016, 10:43:17 AM »
IDK Griff if I'd like that though.  It could be a real PITA to work with the finger pad instead of a mouse.  I could be wrong though ?  Definitely something to consider.  Personally, I like designing on the big screen so I can see the details better.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

Griff

• GroupMember
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2016, 03:52:34 PM »
IDK Griff if I'd like that though.  It could be a real PITA to work with the finger pad instead of a mouse.  I could be wrong though ?  Definitely something to consider.  Personally, I like designing on the big screen so I can see the details better.

I use a Razer gaming mouse on my laptop. The whole rig is set up to handle gaming, namely Guild Wars 2. No issue with TGC on it.

Bradley Stuart

• Hey all you young hockey players!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2016, 08:28:09 PM »
Yes, by all means use a mouse instead of the trackpad if going with the laptop.  You can also always use a gamepad with your PC or laptop.  I use an Xbox 360 wireless controller for both playing and designing in TGC.

Oh and for what it's worth, I haven't had any crashes at all in the designer.  Fairly stable rig and really all I've planted so far is fencing, stakes and tee furniture.  A half dozen rocks and one tree too I guess.

The Club at Old Mill Creek  -  Tournament Course  -  Lake County, Illinois

RockManDan

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2016, 10:15:47 PM »
Glad to hear you're not having to deal with the crashes,  if you keep designing with limited planting as you say you do now, you probably never will have any.  I put like literally hundreds of placed rocks and I wouldn't even venture a guess on the #s of plants and grasses...........  Granted, those of us who do have problems are the ones who are always pushing the limits.  The most annoying part of it for me is the randomness of the object meter bar.  To me, if it's not completely full, you should be able to add more without issues.  If I had a car with a gas gauge tat said I only had a half a tankful, and I went to add more and it spilled all over the pavement....... I'd be pretty pissed. I would even be ok if they were to cut the capacity of the object meter in 1/2 as long as it read true.
Hopefully when I get my new rig built, I'll finally get to finish a course with everything I want to add to it.  I've got one going on PS4 right now that's getting near 1/2 full..... So, BACK TO THE CRASHES..... :( :'(
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

space-cash