Oakmont Country Club

• 143 Replies

theclv24

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 04:27:44 PM »
FWIW, there is a version on TW 10 that I played on PS3 all the time.  Might be helpful, if only for the greens.

Looks like Oakmont is confirmed for release on Rory tomorrow, so I'm hoping that will have all of the greens information that I need. I also have a Links 2003 version in case of emergency.

Jared

• Measure twice and cut once
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »
You are the master, I'm sure you have it covered.
My Courses:

Guid Donner
The Club at Horseshoe Lake
The Club@Horseshoe Lake Members

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2016, 12:10:35 AM »
it was in links 2004 as well on first xbox as well.playable on xbox 360

Reppdogg

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2016, 11:04:50 AM »

FWIW, there is a version on TW 10 that I played on PS3 all the time.  Might be helpful, if only for the greens.

Looks like Oakmont is confirmed for release on Rory tomorrow, so I'm hoping that will have all of the greens information that I need. I also have a Links 2003 version in case of emergency.

Got the update this morning for Oakmont on XB1. Played only 2 holes but it looks pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theclv24

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »
I tried this morning really quickly on PS4 but no update. Will have some time tonight, though, so I expect to check it out then. Hole 1 is done except for bunker sculpting and green contours, and working on Hole 2 at the moment, concentrating a lot on the perimeter so far along that side. Seeing some of the stuff come together is pretty exciting. Makes the months of working on a course that barely resembles the real thing so much worth it.

I'll try to put up some first hole pics tonight, maybe 2nd hole too if I make enough progress.

D.D.Jensen

• GroupMember
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
You are progressing along quite well on Oakmont.  Very Impressive looking work.  ;)

Royce

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2016, 03:39:30 PM »
I tried this morning really quickly on PS4 but no update. Will have some time tonight, though, so I expect to check it out then. Hole 1 is done except for bunker sculpting and green contours, and working on Hole 2 at the moment, concentrating a lot on the perimeter so far along that side. Seeing some of the stuff come together is pretty exciting. Makes the months of working on a course that barely resembles the real thing so much worth it.

I'll try to put up some first hole pics tonight, maybe 2nd hole too if I make enough progress.

It's live on XB, playing a round at Oaklmont now, here's a screen capture looking back from 1 green.  This must make it so much easier to recreate, I'd just love to have this dynamic view for my ohcc build.

Nice touch in rory, you can hear the traffic buzzing my on the turnpike on hole 1.

XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

theclv24

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2016, 08:50:07 PM »
You are progressing along quite well on Oakmont.  Very Impressive looking work.  ;)

Thanks Dawg! It's amazing that you also knew about my enjoyment of dogs, top hats, monocles and wine!

theclv24

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »
Yeah, so this Rory thing is going to work out nicely! So great to be able to look around at anything I want to on the course.

The first green is done, minus a few tweaks as I play different pin locations in Rory. Added some pics below.

Reppdogg

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2016, 08:58:33 PM »
This looks spot on!

theclv24

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »
Anyone checked out that second green on Rory?

I used the measurements from Rory to make a basic replica of that green and almost the entire thing was red, lol. I did a lot of work on the green, though, and have it at a point where it resembles Rory very closely but is seemingly playable. I'll have to try different pins, though, as finding 4 suitable locations might be tough.

The second hole was mostly done as of this morning, so I expect to have some screenshots tonight. Also began bunker work on the 3rd this morning and should have the church pews in place by the end of the night.

theclv24

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 11:48:07 PM »
Here are some pics from the 2nd hole. And I'm happy to say that the Church Pews are now in! They aren't the prettiest, I will admit. The shapes needed to best make the pews just aren't available in the GNCD, so I had to work with what was available.

And dang, I just realized I left the lighting maxed out... I should have made it prettier!

Royce

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 09:53:13 AM »
I was wondering how you were going to make the pew bunkers, those look really good considering.....  in the course of laying down 135 bunkers on my project I constructed a few of the larger bunkers and they has areas of grass contained within them during the construction stage, all I could think to myself is how difficult this is going to be on Oakmont, but you pulled it off extremely well!

And good lord there's a lot of bunkers on this track, must have taken you ages to lay them all down.  I guess having no trees to deal with makes up for it, at least a little bit. 

I really enjoy seeing the WIP pics, thanks for sharing.  I need to give this a full play in rory just so I can better appreciate your work here.
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Reppdogg

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »
The work you do makes me wonder if you have a different version of the designer than everyone else!!! Your RCR do such an incredible job of capturing every course you make!

theclv24

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »
And good lord there's a lot of bunkers on this track, must have taken you ages to lay them all down.  I guess having no trees to deal with makes up for it, at least a little bit. 

So many. I think the max bunkers on the course was 331, or something like that. The architect would watch golfers play and put in new bunkers wherever people were hitting to. I think that number went down over the years, but has slowly been going back up as the course has been restored more to its original design. There are definitely holes with 11, 12, 13 bunkers.

The work you do makes me wonder if you have a different version of the designer than everyone else!!! Your RCR do such an incredible job of capturing every course you make!

Thanks repp! It's mostly an unhealthy obsession with attention to detail when it comes to measuring distances and referencing elevations. In that regard, I think anyone with my same OCD nature with golf could probably achieve a great RCR, and we've definitely seen quite a few over the last few months.

space-cash