Oakmont Country Club

• 143 Replies

theclv24

« on: January 11, 2016, 04:27:28 PM »
Sorry, I don't have any pics to offer yet, but I'm fully immersed in this one right now. Holes 1, 9, 10, and 11 are fully laid out, and holes 12, 14, and 18 are partially laid out. Pics will be ready once it comes together more.

In the meantime, it's never too early to start getting acquainted with the course. I think with the way the players reacted last year to Chambers Bay, and the players who *should* be in contention this year, this could be one awesome 2016 U.S. Open. Here's a few things if you are looking to kill some time at work, or if you are fascinated with the course like me: https://blog.tgctours.com/the-oakmont-post-ongoing-2016-preview/

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:36:00 PM »
Man, I can't wait to see this one.  I love the oakmont look. 

Dox

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 07:14:34 PM »
Another great course that I will be looking forward to. Your work on these real course renditions is greatly appreciated. I wish I had 1/100th of your editing powers to keep making courses. I have been stuck on the same one for more then a year now. :(
Completed courses:
Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

theclv24

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 09:36:04 PM »
I just spent a very long time working on one hole with a lot of bunkers, so I feel the need to post something. I know I shouldn't, as the course will look much different than it currently does, but I need something out there so I feel like I am making progress. These are more overhead in nature just to show off some of the shapes.

NevadaBallin

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 09:49:28 PM »
I like the progress images better than the g;lamour pics during a build. Definitely more informative to me as I work on my first real course build.

So far, that is looking pretty good bud.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

rdh

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 10:17:39 PM »
Is it just me or are those miniature images?  They don't seem to embiggen for me.  I don't think that's a word but it seems to be used in this wacky internet age.  :)

Small may they be, but good do they look so far!

NevadaBallin

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 10:20:18 PM »
Is it just me or are those miniature images?  They don't seem to embiggen for me.  I don't think that's a word but it seems to be used in this wacky internet age.  :)

Small may they be, but good do they look so far!

They are big on my screen.
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

rdh

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 11:01:41 PM »
Craig, I just hope you do a better job on this than that cobbled-together course you tried to pass off as Augusta.  The thing was barely recognizable...

(Yes, sarcasm...they don't get much better than that as far as RCRs so I can't wait to see this!)

Drgnslyr221

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 12:26:43 AM »
Looking great as usual.

Reppdogg

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:18 AM »
 Your work is truly incredible. I wish I had a tenth of a percent you had with the GNCD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jared

• Measure twice and cut once
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »
The designer of my favorite TGC course is designing my favorite course in golf.  That sure doesn't suck.

Looks great Craig.  The elevation in the first picture really caught my eye, and you captured that whole crowded cluster of 11 green, 12 tee, 10 tee, 14 green and 18 green.  In the last Open, and for the women's open for that matter, my wife and I spent most of our time in the grandstand by 10 tee/18 green.  You could see so much from there, even tee shots going down 15.

I am too excited for this.
My Courses:

Guid Donner
The Club at Horseshoe Lake
The Club@Horseshoe Lake Members

TeeJay0218

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 10:27:58 AM »
Always appreciate your dedication bud. Merion was a classic, cant wait for Oakmont.
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

TaS

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 01:49:31 AM »
Looking very oakmonty already.  Cant wait... But take your time

theclv24

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 09:09:42 AM »
So when I started working on this one, the latest Google Earth image was from 6/2014. About a week or two ago they added a new photo from 9/2015. There are no significant changes between the two, except for this one bunker on 15.

I know a few people have mentioned living close to the course, or having caddied there in the past. Does anyone know anything or have any news about this bunker change?

2014:

2015:

tastegw

• GroupMember
  • only on tuesdays
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 09:18:36 AM »
not knocking the original designer of oakmont as its a great course.

but that bunker you just did a 2014/2015 comparison is by far the silliest bunker i know of in golf :D.

the new version looks like a comb.

anyhoot, get er done.
i will....

space-cash