The Tarantula Golf Club

• 61 Replies

theclv24

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2016, 08:35:59 PM »
The Tarantula Golf Club

Designer: Keith Callahan
Theme: Desert
Firm / Speed: Med-Firm / Fast
Notes: I played pretty poorly on this one, so I will try to keep that from affecting my review. The colors were great for a desert course, planting was nicely done, and overall really good sculpting, as expected. The uphill, into the sun approach shot on the 6th sticks out to me as one of the best looking shots on the course. The narrow and firm fairways were much talked about on the forum, and they were pretty much as advertised. The greens had a more forgiving firmness to them, but many pins were perched precariously next to steep runoffs. From a competition standpoint, I can see how this will challenge the best players, and should work nicely for that goal. From a more casual perspective, I'm not a huge fan of the fairway designs or the pin placements, as they have a very artificial, video game feel to them, and wouldn't be immensely enjoyable to play with real clubs in hand.

Early-1981

• Check out my TGC videos. Bring on TGC2019
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2018, 02:28:44 PM »
I take on The Tarantula Golf Club on my quest to find the hardest course on TGC2. Please feel free to check out my round. Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDdT6fArT4

space-cash