Shot differences between two computers, please explain?

• 4 Replies

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »
Hey there.

So I know that there has been an explanation that when I play a shot, little differences in the GPU and such can show slightly different shots, but there is just something that just isn't right with that explanation.

As an example, I'm 10 feet out, uphill putt with a pretty hefty break from left to right.  I play the break and on my screen the ball hardly breaks at all and I end up 8 inches to the left of the hole and yet on my friends computer the ball breaks as I had played it and is dead center of the cup and in.

I am really having a problem understanding how the two shots can be so different? I can understand maybe a lip out, but 8 inches to the left of the hole on mine and dead center for my opponent?  It really defies logic.

My biggest worry  is that there is some sort of weird randomness going on here because I played the shot and the break like it happened on my opponents screen and yet on mine, almost zero break.  I would say on my screen that the shot that ended up should be impossible with the break i had. (yes I ignored the bubbles and looked at the line from ground level).

Is there any possibility that the true shot ended up on my opponents screen and _I_ got the "slightly different" result due to different GPUs?  That is sure how it feels. :(

BTW the replay of my shot on my screen?  The ball went in dead center, which is another reason i'm wondering if the 'incorrect gpu shot' ended up in my game and not my opponents.

This to me is a significant issue that really needs to be fixed, even if it takes more memory and more of the shot needs to be saved.  This bug makes playing match play or best ball no fun because you can't tell what your opponent really did until you look at the score. :(  Considering this game has been out over a year, I really don't understand why this hasn't been fixed. :(

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:44:45 AM »
next ignored post . ty HB
my rig : amd phenom II black edition quadcore 3.4 GHz -8 GByte ram - Nvidia 660 GTX

BoomBoom

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:29:38 AM »
Out of curiosity does this ever happen same console to same console or is this just a PC problem.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 10:48:33 AM »
Hey there.

So I know that there has been an explanation that when I play a shot, little differences in the GPU and such can show slightly different shots, but there is just something that just isn't right with that explanation.

As an example, I'm 10 feet out, uphill putt with a pretty hefty break from left to right.  I play the break and on my screen the ball hardly breaks at all and I end up 8 inches to the left of the hole and yet on my friends computer the ball breaks as I had played it and is dead center of the cup and in.

I am really having a problem understanding how the two shots can be so different? I can understand maybe a lip out, but 8 inches to the left of the hole on mine and dead center for my opponent?  It really defies logic.

My biggest worry  is that there is some sort of weird randomness going on here because I played the shot and the break like it happened on my opponents screen and yet on mine, almost zero break.  I would say on my screen that the shot that ended up should be impossible with the break i had. (yes I ignored the bubbles and looked at the line from ground level).

Is there any possibility that the true shot ended up on my opponents screen and _I_ got the "slightly different" result due to different GPUs?  That is sure how it feels. :(

BTW the replay of my shot on my screen?  The ball went in dead center, which is another reason i'm wondering if the 'incorrect gpu shot' ended up in my game and not my opponents.

This to me is a significant issue that really needs to be fixed, even if it takes more memory and more of the shot needs to be saved.  This bug makes playing match play or best ball no fun because you can't tell what your opponent really did until you look at the score. :(  Considering this game has been out over a year, I really don't understand why this hasn't been fixed. :(

It is called "packet loss" between the group of users playing and AK has admitted that this happens from time to time and they are looking for ways to resolve it which is not easy as this phenomena has existed in other games in the past to some degree.....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 12:22:30 PM »
Hey there.

Mate, I've told you the reasons.
I even pointed it out in a PM to you yesterday. There is no random!!
I explained fully on TGC tours forum with you, in detail. That is the reason.

What you see IS correct.
The replays sometimes differ

We apply physics to the ball and let it run on the terrain. Unfortunately some times gfx cards calculate the terrain slightly differently, cause different outcomes in replays. Replays are also what your friends see.

Please take my word on it, there is no conspiracy. The reasons are exactly as I've stated over and over

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

space-cash