performance loss on PC side

• 47 Replies

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 08:40:36 PM »
and i found something very interesting about the unityengine and its so called problems.maybe some points in there to think about :

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/06/unity-indie-gamings-biggest-engine-john-riccitiello

So the gyst of this is that we're all trying to run an Indy car on a Yugo engine.  That sounds about right.  Built around a $1500 platform, my personal PC cost twice that.  No wonder he problems with Sony ceritification all the time.  It always works fine on my PS4 but not my PC. AND YES, I KNOW that the PS4 version is also built on the unity platform........ It seems that Sony is making them put aftermarket parts on the unity engine to assure that it works for PS4 owners.

The picture is becoming much clearer now.
Nothing extra that Sony makes us do. Apart from the user interaction stuff when you pull the controller or lose Internet connection.

The benefits with console is that outside companies like nvidia and amd don't come along and stomp all over your release and break stuff. That's the biggest disappointment for me, we used cutting edge technology in compute shaders and the pc driver updates break the game for people

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 10:15:08 PM »
Absolutely nothing against the game Anthony.  I know how hard you guys have worked on it and continue to to make it better.  I just think it would be a billion times better if you guys moved in to the Frostbite engine.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

filth

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2016, 02:41:09 PM »
Hi all thought i would throw my hat in the ring  ;D

I am ruining this on 2 980ti's and a high end i7. this game cannot be run on maximum. i have it at half way for the amount of high res tree's and the tree distance, and i also hive the object detail down a notch, i still get low frames rate randomly and the odd glitch when i take my shot.
This game has no optimization.
For those with Nvidia cards and have moved to windows 10 please note that Dx12 and windows ten gives ALL Nvidia cards a lower frame rate output.

Interesting....I just finally upgraded my PC (specs in sig) and I am running most courses on High Detail at 1080p and 4 on Object detail and 700+ yards an trees and drawing distances and averaging 55-60+ in FPS.....not sure why your rig is struggling....

No i'm not sure why it's so bad on my system either.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »
Hi all thought i would throw my hat in the ring  ;D

I am ruining this on 2 980ti's and a high end i7. this game cannot be run on maximum. i have it at half way for the amount of high res tree's and the tree distance, and i also hive the object detail down a notch, i still get low frames rate randomly and the odd glitch when i take my shot.
This game has no optimization.
For those with Nvidia cards and have moved to windows 10 please note that Dx12 and windows ten gives ALL Nvidia cards a lower frame rate output.

Interesting....I just finally upgraded my PC (specs in sig) and I am running most courses on High Detail at 1080p and 4 on Object detail and 700+ yards an trees and drawing distances and averaging 55-60+ in FPS.....not sure why your rig is struggling....

No i'm not sure why it's so bad on my system either.

Strange, my rig runs butter smooth at native res......setting high...in game pretty much same as Divot....still on win 7, will change in June.........Monitor(s)???...i dunno...

Dusty Roads

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2016, 07:15:11 PM »
Absolutely nothing against the game Anthony.  I know how hard you guys have worked on it and continue to to make it better.  I just think it would be a billion times better if you guys moved in to the Frostbite engine.

He has said time and again he has to work with an engine they can obtain and frostbite isn't one of them.

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2016, 07:31:51 PM »

Not going to happen as EA will not license Frostbite to any developer outside of EA....
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2016, 07:49:23 PM »
There have to be other engines.........  I'm sure that they're all better than Unity.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2016, 08:08:47 PM »
There have to be other engines.........  I'm sure that they're all better than Unity.

There likely are, but you have to factor in the cost of licensing a new engine, then a complete rewrite of game assets when you change to a completely new engine. I bet real money tha HBS won't go away from Unity....probably Unity 5, but a non-Unity engine is not happening IMO....
PC

Xbox One X

Dusty Roads

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2016, 10:02:34 PM »
Unless we are willing to wait another 2-3 years for a game.

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
these above points : all true .

BUT : before last year september update i was running it in 1080p high settings , details 3 and had more then 45 fps, after september it dropped to 20 and less fps ....so its NOT the unity engine, its something at HB´s side. i also tried to rollback through different older drivers, but nothing helped .
AND the Alt + tab to switch to steam ,what we NEED to do cause HB doesnt want to give an ingame chat to PC users, is still not solved, again HB´s side ..... i got over 2000 hours in TGC ,so i know what i talk about, but still : NO HELP !! thats simply annoying.
my rig : amd phenom II black edition quadcore 3.4 GHz -8 GByte ram - Nvidia 660 GTX

wirenut48

• Retired Electrician IBEW Local 48
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:59 PM »
Change your steam overlay shortcut to Shift+Tab, that's what I did and it works fine. You can find it in steam settings/in-game.
PSN/Steam Wirenut48

Asus STRIX X299-E GAMING MB, i7-7820X 3.6/4.5GHz 8-Core, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (CMD16GX4M2B2400C10), NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe w/Western Digital 2TB (WD2000F9YZ), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive, 850w PS, W10

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2016, 10:07:41 AM »
Change your steam overlay shortcut to Shift+Tab, that's what I did and it works fine. You can find it in steam settings/in-game.
thx for the info,but i was aware of that workaround, still doesnt solve the problem,nore does it solve the driver mess up.
my rig : amd phenom II black edition quadcore 3.4 GHz -8 GByte ram - Nvidia 660 GTX

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »
thx for the info,but i was aware of that workaround, still doesnt solve the problem,nore does it solve the driver mess up.

Might want to contact your video card manufacturer and ask them why their drivers keep breaking a game that used to run just fine......I did this with AMD and most if not all oi the AMD driver issues have been resolved.....
PC

Xbox One X

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2016, 12:26:20 AM »
idunno if i write it wrong, thats why i repeat it again :

before HBs september game-update TGC ran fine,after HBs game update i lost about 10,most times more then 20 fps...nothing to do with nvidia-driver. with december HBs game update it even got worse. so it still has nothing to do with nvidia. it happened BOTH times directly after HBs game updates.
and yes, i tried to rollback and tried the newest drivers,still performance is gone. and it worked very nice for me BEFORE HB updated game in september. so its a gameclient problem , NOT an Nvidia problem.
 hope that cleared some...
PS : EVERY other game i own made a performance jump with changing to win10 and newest drivers...excluding TGC .and btw, never any1 from HB asked me about my rig, specs,any logs or anything like this.....might help,but what do i know...

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 02:40:34 PM »

Nothing extra that Sony makes us do. Apart from the user interaction stuff when you pull the controller or lose Internet connection.

The benefits with console is that outside companies like nvidia and amd don't come along and stomp all over your release and break stuff. That's the biggest disappointment for me, we used cutting edge technology in compute shaders and the pc driver updates break the game for people

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
[/quote]

so in the end i spent money and HB says its all nvidia and amd´s fault,they destroy the game for a lot of people ,but we can´t do anything to help improve ?
 sorry, but this is a bad joke, because the loss of performance came up with ( and only with ) the update HB made in september.
 NO OTHER game i play lost any performance, they even improved. It´s imo your job to help people get back the performance we had BEFORE september game ( not any driver ) update. maybe HB should check the surfacestuff and the water detail level.....

space-cash