performance loss on PC side

• 47 Replies

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:19 PM »
i dont want to post this,but it starts to get get a serious problem : before september update i played following settings 1920x1080 , high settings, detaillevel 3 , 200 tress ,distance 1500 and got between 35 and 45 fps stable. after that update i noticed a small drop in fps between 5 and 10 fps. i updated all my drivers and tried to switch to 32 bit version of TGC, but no help . then december update followed and the fps loss became serious and i had to switch to medium settings, detaillevel 1, trees 100 and distance somewhere around 500,even switched waterquality to 1 which looks really ugly, but i rarely get over 25 fps ,most times,especially while overflyview fps drop under 20 !!. 3 days ago i decided to change OS to win 10 64bit and updated EVERY driver possible. OS runs smooth,everything works fine, tested TGC, but NO progress,still no performance ingame. tried several other games and noticed a performance PLUS in EVERY game i tried. so my summary is : there is a problem with the engine or tgc software which really ruins the game experience. there are more grphic glitches since september update like weird behaving shadows, suddenly appearing black dots and the most disturbing is the suddenly appearing flashing picture for a short second ,then normal picture again.

PLEAS HB , this NEEDS to be adressed,same as the amd graphic crashes that ruin close to every match as the player that has this problem is urged to restart, match is immediatly killed.if any logs, system infos are needed feel free to contact me.
my rig : amd phenom II black edition quadcore 3.4 GHz -8 GByte ram - Nvidia 660 GTX

RockManDan

• GroupMember
  • Without Great Courses There Can Be No Great Golf
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 10:22:27 PM »
Unity Engine.
i9 9900k 8 Core 5.O GHz. 
Asus ROG STRIX Z390 E Gaming.
64 GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2X Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB m2 RAID level 0
EVGA GTX 1080 SC. Windows 10 64 Bit
Rosewill Hive 1000W PSU

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 12:27:23 AM »
just played perfect golf which is based on unity too i think in ultra high settings and get decent 55 - 70 fps easily. doesnt look bad what i´ve seen during that 2 rounds and i dont get why TGC looses so much fps,especially as i had way better performance few months ago.hope there will be a solution soon as i still love the game.
my rig : amd phenom II black edition quadcore 3.4 GHz -8 GByte ram - Nvidia 660 GTX

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »
would be nice to get any info if this is noticed and/or being worked on ?

Dusty Roads

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 09:15:22 PM »
AMD card not good

UrsusArctos

• Golf-Teacher EGTF
    • GrizzlyGolfAcademy
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 01:46:53 AM »
AMD 7950 vs NVidia 660 = Ursus vs Ernie = 2:1.
Ernie's Nvidia currently performes with about half the fps then my AMD 7950. And he's on medium settings detail 2, i'm on high setting with details 5 !
>>>>>> the latest update killed the Nvidia ! performance. AMD is improved (appart from the grafics glitches)
Chris
Steam: UrsinaArctica
Courses released: some ....

Stained

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 09:24:44 AM »
When i read this, it seems that the game performance with both cards Nvidia and AMD is not good or stable.  Some here say its the Unity engine. So HB did choose the wrong engine for this game or am i wrong? What can or will they do about it. I dont know, you dont hear a thing. What can Nvidia or AMD do with these issues?

I only know i play this game from day 1, and i love it. It the best golf game there is. I have the AMD isues to, dropped the settings down to play this game, but 2 weeks ago even on medium settings the graphics glitches are back, ****.
Now i play Winning Putt more then TGC, i dont want to, but i wanna play golf....

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 09:35:57 AM »
just played perfect golf which is based on unity too i think in ultra high settings and get decent 55 - 70 fps easily. doesnt look bad what i´ve seen during that 2 rounds and i dont get why TGC looses so much fps,especially as i had way better performance few months ago.hope there will be a solution soon as i still love the game.

But PG has way lower resolution textures, no 3d grass, and trees that look like they were made using an etch a sketch

That's why it runs better - it's showing you graphics from 2008

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

ErnieTheWels

• GroupMember
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 09:43:41 AM »
You have an answer to everything ,but dont see the point in anything...this doesnt help in any way for the Problem.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One S mit Tapatalk

Dusty Roads

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 10:11:12 AM »
Ernie, the answers to your problem have been given to you. AMD and the Unity engine do not work well together. As for a fix, HB has not given us any answers to how to fix this and blame AMD for the problems.

A high end card of any brand should run this game but if the engine and brand aren't compatible, well, simply put, we can't do nothing about it.

BoomBoom

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 10:58:03 AM »
You have an answer to everything ,but dont see the point in anything...this doesnt help in any way for the Problem.

Very annoying is it not. The guy is a nuisance, has never once made a useful post out of the thousands he has made, is of zero help to anyone and just looks for ways to slam anyone and everyone. Conceited is an understatement.

On to the topic.

I'm with you, it's not as if our trees and grass are that much better. I just cannot buy the problem is with AMD. The game has gotten progressively worse. I dread every update. HBS is blaming AMD, as long as they do that, we have little hope for improvement.

Anyway, there is some relief to the constant crashes for me with using the 32 bit mode in the game and lower to low everything. You likely have already tried those things, but short of buying a new graphics card, not much you can do.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Stained

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 10:59:39 AM »
So this is it?
Thank you for buying this game, but you wont be able to play it decent?

BoomBoom

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 11:02:39 AM »
So this is it?
Thank you for buying this game, but you wont be able to play it decent?
If it was not such a great game with so much potential for epic, I would of laid it to rest a long time ago.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 11:05:18 AM »

Nobody on this forum that isn't from HB can help you I was just explaining why PG, in the same engine, runs better.  It's because it's lower overall quality of rendering.

The only solutions have been documented here numerous times

1) buy a better GPU

2) hppe HB and AMD are able to play nice at some point

Those are it

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »

Very annoying is it not. The guy is a nuisance, has never once made a useful post out of the thousands he has made, is of zero help to anyone and just looks for ways to slam anyone and everyone. Conceited is an understatement.

On to the topic.

I'm with you, it's not as if our trees and grass are that much better. I just cannot buy the problem is with AMD. The game has gotten progressively worse. I dread every update. HBS is blaming AMD, as long as they do that, we have little hope for improvement.

Anyway, there is some relief to the constant crashes for me with using the 32 bit mode in the game and lower to low everything. You likely have already tried those things, but short of buying a new graphics card, not much you can do.

You just made a post saying I insult everyone while insulting me lol

Actually I did try to answer his question - and it's the right answer

But I'll go ahead and report your insult since you obviously are sensitive to people that do that.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

space-cash