Home of the DP World Tour Championship, Jumeirah Golf Estates-Earth Course

• 25 Replies

rdh

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »
Looking great so far!

Anquila1978

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2016, 05:48:20 PM »
Updated with flyovers of the first 6 holes in the original post

New videos as I have changed a few things on the first 2 holes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 06:59:30 PM by Anquila1978 »
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C
Belgrave Black at Balmeadie

TeeJay0218

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2016, 08:35:55 PM »
looking good!
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

Anquila1978

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 03:24:44 PM »
Well this has been causing me problems, just can't get settled with the look, given some of the quality RCR's I just don't know.

Going to publish the front nine and would like to ask some of the other designers how it's holding up.

Just called the test JGE beta 1.1

Honest appraisals are welcome

Thanks
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C

Han

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2016, 08:50:05 PM »
Was looking forward to this one so I will deffo try and play it and give you some feedback as soon as I get chance
TGC 2019 Courses :
The Belfry - The Brabazon
The Belfry - Brabazon RC
Valle de los Reyes (Ballesteros) - with Scarpacci
TGC1/TGC2 Courses created :
Oakmere Golf Club
Rivington Hall Golf Club
Dunholme Manor Golf & CC
Douro Valley Par 3
Douro Valley Resort
Herons' Reach Golf Links

TeeJay0218

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2016, 12:53:47 AM »
Ill give it a play tonight bud.. def looking forward to this course

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 04:40:47 PM »
it has a similar look to my costa navarino 2016 on Delta theme with the fairway undulations aswell

Anquila1978

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2016, 01:30:07 PM »
After the stream I am going to publish a members tees beta of the full 18

Could really do with play and any feedback, I want to be able to submit this for the end of season tournament for TGCT but not until it really is up to scratch

Short course
Fast greens
Med firm greens
Firm fairways

JGE beta 1.2

Please give it a go
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 08:01:18 AM by Anquila1978 »
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C

theclv24

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »
I looked for the beta 1.2 but couldn't find it, even when selecting more by designer. I did see a 9 hole and an 18 hole version of beta 1.1, though, so maybe that was it? I played a few holes of the 18 version. Here are some of my quick takes, mostly cosmetic.

The transition from fairway to heavy rough has never looked good to me, and I think in the rural textures it probably looks its least appealing. Even if it's not entirely accurate, I would consider adding a thin ribbon of light rough around the fairway to improve the transition. I would also use the flatten brush to smooth some of the big elevations changes that occur where the fairway and rough meet. It will just give it a more smooth and flowing look overall.

The other thing I would say is that after taking a look at some real pics of those bunkers, that's definitely one of the harder styles to replicate in the game. One method you can use though is to take the flatten brush, maybe raise it up to about 7 or 8 inches, and just flatten the middle areas of the bunkers a bit. Then take the raise brush and lift up the bunker lips a little bit all of the way around. This might get you a little closer to that bunker look of the flat centers with flashed up faces and sharp lips.

Lastly, you can always play with the lighting a bit to soften up any hard edges around the course and give it a nice flowing look.

It's a nice effort so far, definitely keep up the work!

Anquila1978

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 01:41:13 AM »
I looked for the beta 1.2 but couldn't find it, even when selecting more by designer. I did see a 9 hole and an 18 hole version of beta 1.1, though, so maybe that was it? I played a few holes of the 18 version. Here are some of my quick takes, mostly cosmetic.

The transition from fairway to heavy rough has never looked good to me, and I think in the rural textures it probably looks its least appealing. Even if it's not entirely accurate, I would consider adding a thin ribbon of light rough around the fairway to improve the transition. I would also use the flatten brush to smooth some of the big elevations changes that occur where the fairway and rough meet. It will just give it a more smooth and flowing look overall.

The other thing I would say is that after taking a look at some real pics of those bunkers, that's definitely one of the harder styles to replicate in the game. One method you can use though is to take the flatten brush, maybe raise it up to about 7 or 8 inches, and just flatten the middle areas of the bunkers a bit. Then take the raise brush and lift up the bunker lips a little bit all of the way around. This might get you a little closer to that bunker look of the flat centers with flashed up faces and sharp lips.

Lastly, you can always play with the lighting a bit to soften up any hard edges around the course and give it a nice flowing look.

It's a nice effort so far, definitely keep up the work!

Thanks man, appreciate it
Other Courses

Turnberry Kintyre Course
Gladstonevale G.C

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
Really Enjoyed it No suprise being a real course,considering this  version has the shorter tees,Back tees going to be a real test i reckon great stuff.

space-cash