HB Suggested Tournaments - Have they been abandoned

• 11 Replies

brianfuller75

« on: March 05, 2016, 02:39:15 PM »
Once upon a time, every Friday we had some nice new tournaments to play Amateur/Pro/ Elite and Handicap. Since Christmas I think they have been published twice. Nothing last week, and it appears nothing this week. On the TGC Website there have been no results published for a while. If these tournaments  have been abandoned by HB please tell us, and maybe others can fill the gap. If TGCT can do such a brilliant job creating a great range of tournaments, why can't HB manage it?

It's a bit sad really! Come on HB, put us out of our misery at least!

A little PR would go a long way! :-\
An oldie but a goody!

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 03:22:29 PM »
Sorry guys, I got held up with a few things yesterday afternoon. I'll publish Monday

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Jacquesy123

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 05:42:49 PM »
Mate whats going on with these tournament?

been waiting to play them enjoy them but it seems HB is getting Slack

Regards Jacquesy

THERAYaka

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 09:36:47 AM »
In HB Studios defense, they have done a brilliant job creating a great game; everything else is icing on the cake. I'm sure that creating those tournaments might not seem like a lot of work...but it's valuable time taken away from lots of other projects.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

brianfuller75

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 06:45:01 AM »
Everything said in the post above is true. But, you are either committed to something or you're not. If HB don't have the time or manpower to keep these tournaments going then why don't  they just say so. When I first posted about this the answer was " Sorry Guys, I'll do it Monday". It is now Saturday, and no tournaments.
Take a look at the website. Nothing fresh since Feb 10th. While I appreciate everything that HB do, and acknowledge that it's a great game, a liitle honesty wouldn't go amiss.

Judging by the lack of posts on this thread, I guess most people don't care, anyway.

I'm really disappointed. However on the bright side the TGCT guys , who are volunteers by the way, are doing a brilliant job, and are putting HB to shame.

I've said my piece now, and I'll mentally consign the HB Tours to history, and remember it's not HB who make this a great game, it's the people that buy it, love it and play it, who make it the experience that it has become
An oldie but a goody!

clubcaptain

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 09:37:24 AM »
I'm with you Brian.
Intel core I73770k 3.5 GHZ
16 Gb Corsair vengeance DDR3 1600MHZ/PC12800
Asus mobo PB8277-V Lx
Nvidea GeForce GTX670 2GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windoes 7 home premium 64 bit

Courses :
Aphrodite Golf and Sailing Resort
Taiga Forest-Kaunis Course
Adelaide Hills West Golf Course
Strathmally GC

Jaks53

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 02:17:49 AM »
I'm just glad that they'll be back soon.

Jaks53

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
Still waiting for return of daily tournaments. Are they coming anytime soon or do I....we.....continue to wait. Please start them up again. Thanks

DivotMaker

• GroupMember
  • Steam - DivotMaker
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 03:15:17 PM »
Still waiting for return of daily tournaments. Are they coming anytime soon or do I....we.....continue to wait. Please start them up again. Thanks

Ditto! ;)
PC

Xbox One X

Xbox One Elite Controller

Coggin66

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 06:32:23 PM »
HBKeith is the Community Manager. I don't understand why he isn't organising the Suggested Tournaments each week rather than Head of Studio (or whatever Anthony is). I think some delegation is in order. ???
My courses:
TGC2019
Wavebreak Spit GC
Bhavacakra GC, Nepal
Kakadu Wetlands
Mount Panorama Bathurst 18
Kentash Bay
Propellor Island Archipelago
TGC1 only
Dam Treitaget GC
Barco Rio Desert GC
Highlow Island Links Resort

XB1: Coggin66
President of XB Seniors society

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 06:53:25 PM »
HBKeith is the Community Manager. I don't understand why he isn't organising the Suggested Tournaments each week rather than Head of Studio (or whatever Anthony is). I think some delegation is in order. ???

I work from home and don't have access to the Studios' servers.

ps3pete

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 02:56:31 AM »
Oh my god, don't you guys ever stop moaning about The Golf Club? HB Studios might have other commitments. After all they do make other games you know. Give-em a break!
Just enjoy the game and stop moaning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

space-cash