3 Hole Showcase Contest - Submit your courses here

• 128 Replies

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #120 on: March 06, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »
Sweet. Thanks Jacquesy :)
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Jacquesy123

« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2016, 05:41:21 PM »
i have two more courses i can upload is you like Mate?

Regards Jacquesy

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #122 on: March 09, 2016, 06:54:45 AM »
i have two more courses i can upload is you like Mate?

Regards Jacquesy

Normally I'd say go for it, flood me with courses. However I won't put more than one course by a single designer in a single tour... and it is looking fairly likely that this will be my last one :(. I intend on doing at least 1 designer special where all 6 are from 1 designer and may do an odd tour of the best courses across the various tours.  However there has been a distinct lack of interest in general and a lack of time on my part.  I plan on working my way through the reviews and then probably leaving it at that.  If someone volunteers to continue this and has more time to keep on top of reviews etc then great :).

I am always happy to look at people's courses who contact me, time permitting, I may create a different thread to do so when is is out of the way. So basically it is entirely up to you, I'll try and make sure they get used if you submit them, but won't guarantee it :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

Jacquesy123

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2016, 07:17:46 AM »
Na Thats Fine Mate

I dont really Know how many People are actually Playing the golf club at the moment doesn't seem like many, specially since HB has dropped the ball regarding the weekly comps that they are suppose to running, i really like this game but im not sure how they can regenerate some Buzz around this game at the moment,

I have been playing it since early 2015, but stopped playing it because i felt like there wasn't much else i could do in the game, i like what TGCTours do since i have been playing again, i like the stuff you have been putting out, and i really enjoy this forum site,

something that might be cool to do reset the HB Official tournament, and run 4 a week all 72 holes, sort of the same as now and run a Fedex cup style point system, run that over 10 weekks and then run the playoff, im not sure how you would be able to set it up but i think it would be cool,

Appreciate all your doing by the way mate and i hope you continue working on the stuff your putting out great courses

Regards Jacquesy

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2016, 09:35:02 AM »
Cheers dude... I think those are really good ideas.  The main motivation for this tour was getting exposure for unknown designers by letting them submit, barrier free, to a tour where they could rub shoulders with the more established designers.  I believe we have done that but the lack of unknown designers submitting their courses kinda makes the purpose of this tour a bit wide of the mark.  I believe they are really enjoyable to play so it isn't like they are pointless or not any good... in fact they are awesome :-D

The tour you described sounds great, the community seems to have responded strongly in the small remaining pockets with the C.U.C.C. Course Review Tour looking really promising, and the TGCT community events being excellent.  I would however like to get more designing time.  I am ridiculously excited about my latest course.  I've done only bits of about 3/4 holes, but the groundwork/plot/test areas make me think this will be my best course yet.

ErixonStone does a great job with the Forum Designers Tour... which is based off these tours... I hope he continues to do something and perhaps fills the void :)

Cheers for the kind words Jacquesy, I saw you played University Links the other day... hope you enjoyed it, I have been planning on revisiting it with the new textures so there might be a 2016 version out at some point.  Looking forward to trying your course, once I have these tours out of the way I'll give your other work a go as well :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:12 PM »
This reminds me, I need to play S1T4 and S2T1, and I need to publish FDT 7 and 8.  The reception of my reviews has been really positive, and the only way to get on my list is to get on this 3-Hole Showcase tour.

I'm into the full course reviews for showcase #6, so I'm about six weeks behind.  Plus, I've started bumping early course threads.  Hopefully, this gets courses a few more plays.

I can help out with a quick review or hunting down designers who should submit their courses.  I probably can't administer the tour and hunt down scores.  Maybe someone else can help with that. 
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #126 on: March 12, 2016, 11:51:00 AM »
Just the 2 courses up so far for what will be the final showcase tour from me (for now at least).

I'm going to fill up the 4 slots with picks from the first 6 tours (before the contest started)... Of course I'd rather new submissions instead if possible? Will publish around midnight GMT or a bit later if anyone requests a few more hours to get them in :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #127 on: March 13, 2016, 09:22:07 PM »
Series 2 Tour 2 is live.  I picked 4 of my personal favourites from the first 6 showcase tours to fill the remaining slots.  I've played all 6 showcase tours so I know it is an excellent set of holes.  The tour is set to 13 days long, which will mean both series 2 tours end at once.

Series 1 Winners Tour containing the 4 winning courses will be published in a few days time.  I don't want to put too much out all at once.
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2016, 02:32:10 PM »
You know I have completely forgotten about that winners tour! I wanted to get a screenshot of Nicks course in there! I'll try and do it tonight.

Otherwise, series 2 ends Saturday around 12pm GMT... There are two live tours which need your plays, comments and votes :).
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash