Trump Turnberry New Ailsa thurs, fri, sat, and sun + red tees

• 7 Replies

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« on: January 27, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »
These are the repaired builds greens are checked and correct sizes, bunkers on 2nd in place, 4th green flatter and hole in 5th fairway repaired.
To me it is the real course, its not stolen just enjoy a nice relaxing course for a change.  ;)
There is a Stableford competition on tours with all the 5 courses on it above.
 Heres some photos, Enjoy.

Colinmafia

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 05:03:11 PM »
more.....

Colinmafia

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »
last one.....

Colinmafia

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 07:43:57 PM »
Nice 4 hole showcase of Sunday pins on HBstudios live tonight with Keith http://www.twitch.tv/hb_studios/v/38025382

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 09:29:47 PM »
My review from the 3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 1 Tour 2

Colinmafia - Turnberry New Ailsa (Holes 5, 9 & 14)
Forums: HB
Fairways: Medium to Firm, Greens: Medium Firmness and Speed

This was a hard review to write to be honest. The first couple of times I played it I was looking as a recreation. The second of those I got out the guide for the Turnberry Ailsa course and... well they didn't match.  Some of the landscapes seemed to but the hole routings and pars didn't. From what I can tell. So, basically I'm taking this course as a homage to the original and not an RCR, sorry if I'm wrong.

So, starting off the long par 5 is a good length with an interesting green. I like the bunkers sitting between cuts of fairway and light rough. As always with links courses I wish for tonnes of long rough as it always detracts from the proper links look, but this game just won't support it so can't mark down for that :). There are a few pinches of fairway around the short left green side bunkers where the rough around two bunkers try to join and on the outside of another which I think would look better if removed. Otherwise it is a good linksy green which I enjoyed playing.

The last two holes play around the Turnberry lighthouse and rocky coastline which does look pretty Turnberry-like.  The par 3 is pretty long, I know a lot of people hate par 3s where you are forced to use a wood... Personally not a big fan but nothing wrong with it. I did enjoy the severely undulating green and pot bunker but I felt some of the terrain was a bit too tagged especially the lump in the fairway short of the green. Cool use of the available land/sea though for both holes.

Overall some interesting links holes, they play well with some fun greens. Lighthouse area looks great :)
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Colinmafia

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:25 AM »
its the new Donald Trump layout so do not compare to 2015 this course opens in July this year 2016

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 10:47:57 AM »
its the new Donald Trump layout so do not compare to 2015 this course opens in July this year 2016
Haha, my Google skills need some work then... I tried looking for that. Oh well, I enjoyed it either way :)
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Colinmafia

space-cash