« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 08:36:16 AM »

Kipahulu Reserve: +1
The Hermitage: -3
Humboldt Bay Golf Club: +1
Glen Abbey GC by BoomBoom: -2
Puget Sound Golf Club: -3
Turnberry New Ailsa: -2
Total: -2

My golf continues to embaress. Tomorrow I will do a 9 hole review of one of these courses not sure yet. Have to say Glen Abbey was wonderful
Was surprised you managed just -2 with two -3s... Then realised it adds up to -8!!! Did you get a score or the total wrong?

Just a guess, but he may have shot +3 on hermitage instead of -3

Yes... -3 on hermitage is impossible I'd say :-D... Certainly on first attempt
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 08:40:37 AM »
As for discussion on green size. There is definitely a place in game for larger greens and smaller greens, both present different challenges to the player. I don't have evidence on green size or accuracy of a given RCR. Can I just ask that we keep things respectful and recognise that for all these courses a lot of time and effort has been put in.

We want designers to be able to join these tours without being afraid of the comments that come from it.
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 09:04:14 AM »
Great idea here and designers should take the chance to showcase their work. There is no right or wrong for green size, of course.

Would not have commented or have any issues with it if the course in question was called "The Trumpity Thistleberry " - but it's not.

Real Course Creations are held to a different standard if they are "marketed" with the real name.

Carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 10:47:42 AM »
shut up mcbogga he means Lol

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 11:07:48 AM »
Haha - true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawg

• My Byte is worse than my Bark ...
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 01:59:01 PM »
Out of curiosity, is there a tour already set up in-game with all 6 showcase courses? for consoles and/or PC?
My most recent course

Humboldt Red Skunk Acres

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 02:13:05 PM »
In game, under tours you will find:

3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 1 Tour 1 (2 weeks left to play/vote)
3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 1 Tour 2 (3 weeks left to play/vote)

Coming tonight:
3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 1 Tour 3 (will have 4 weeks to play/vote)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »
Out of curiosity, is there a tour already set up in-game with all 6 showcase courses? for consoles and/or PC?
The Forum Designers' Tour features the full versions of the courses that are included with each showcase.  Those are published after the showcase expires.  Currently, the courses from showcases 1-4 are available and the Forum Designers' Tour #5 will be published tonight featuring the courses that were part of showcase #5.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 06:59:25 PM »
I have 1 more review for the previous tour and then I'll move over to this one :)... Playing catchup a little.

I am cutting back a little on the length/detail as I want to make sure I find time to do my own designing. So the plan is that I'll do mostly short, slightly more general reviews for most of the courses. I'll try and pick a few for a more detailed look, I'm more than happy for someone to ask on here or PM if you would like a detailed look... otherwise I'll likely focus on those who are on their first courses or I think will benefit most
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2016, 11:45:12 AM »
Right, time to give this tour a bit of a push... some seriously fantastic courses on this tour... it's a quick tour to play but excellent fun.

I'm going to start posting my reviews today.  1 or 2 will be detailed as with my previous reviews, but for the more experienced designers I'm going to keep it a bit shorter
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2016, 01:01:50 PM »
set my path - Kipahulu Reserve (Holes 4, 6 & 8 )
Forums: HB TGCT
Fairways: Medium Greens: Medium Firmness, Medium/Fast Speed

I loaded up the tour and instantly loved this course. The style gave the tropical theme a bit of added class. I thought that the mix of palms, non palms, reddish textures and wooden fences was excellent... and yes, I think the fences added to it :). The tee shots are stunning, the details around the course are excellent, I really cannot fault it. Strategically the course provides plenty of options including some classic risk/reward off the tee and plays great. Excellent work... I've loved all of set my paths work that I've seen so far... I owe it to him to go out and play more of them
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2016, 03:32:09 PM »
tommiedean - The Hermitage
Fairways: Medium-Hard, Greens: Medium-Soft Firmness, Medium Speed

I really enjoyed playing and reviewing this entry. There was lots that was done really well but also a few areas where I believe I can offer some pointers.

When stood on the first tee I was a little concerned that there was virtually no line of sight to the fairway... Fortunately the wind on tour was blowing in our favour but I would have been very tricky if it was blowing the other way. It's the sort of challenge I love but some would hate, perhaps a little bail out area would help or you might get some quitters :).  It is also very steep and narrow, I would have used either enforced shot shaping or narrowness, but its a fun challenge and I am just glad it was shaping a 3 wood and not a driver.

After navigating the first tee shot the water hazard in front is very pretty. The planting that I saw on this course was excellent, none more so than around this hazard, in particular the use of broken trees is subtle but looks great. The green is raised a lot making it a steep uphill, however not unrealistically so.

The second showcase how is a short par 3. There is lots of pretty on display but would benefit from a bit of sculpting work.  As it stands it is quite flat and it is hard to see some of the great work from the tee, just raising up the tee box a couple of feet would make all the difference. The park bench, fences etc all fit well with the course but you don't see the green properly from the tee so instead of adding to it they slightly take away. Another way to get over this would be to add more definition to the green, raising it up above its surroundings. It recommend both to make a good hole excellent. Oh, and I spotted a little bit by the green that was missed by the mowers

Last up was a long par 5. I think there are some really good ideas on display here. The tee shot is nicely presented again, with fencing/trees/planting done well. Again we find ourselves with a tight tee shot, a bit of right to left movement opens it up to work around the tight tree line.  There is actually a second fairway further left which to me could be more accessible and still be challenging... right now it is possibly a crazy option to go for. The reason behind the more difficult option is that it gives you a much better line to the green, this is vital for making it a viable option. Unfortunately regardless of the route you take off the tee, unless it is a severe downwind, I don't think it is reachable.  Very nicely presented hole though and the trees make the second tricky so it is still a very good 3 shot hole.

This is one of those times where I really want to praise the originality, toning down some of the more extreme ideas would make the course more accessible, but hang on to the uniqueness as it's a great quality to have and you literally can't teach it.  The greens are slow but also pretty flat.  I tend so flatten the green only with the soft brushes, it takes longer but results in there almost certainly being some subtle breaks remaining... or you can similarly raise up slightly with the soft brushes to add a little extra challenge.  Great fun and look forward to seeing future courses.
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

ErixonStone

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2016, 11:37:05 PM »
I really thought Kipahulu looked great, but those canyons cause my PC all sorts of hell.  I had already played Glen Abbey so knew what to expect, but it's a real nice rendition.  I enjoyed Humboldt Bay the most, even though it's sparsely planted compared to other CC designs.

Wasn't a fan of Hermitage with all the trees blocking your path.  Feels like trick-shot golf.
TGC2 Courses:
Transylvania Municipal Golf Park
Glacier Meadow Par 3 Nine
Acacia National
Bearded Pelican Golf Links

TGC1 Courses:
The Golf Club at Hylan Park
Crescentic Bay Golf Course
La Playa Vacia Golf Retreat
El Toro Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »
REMINDER: Tour and voting ends Saturday at 12pm GMT.

Some excellent courses on display. Going to complete the reviews this week as well... Apologies, the little time I've had with TGC has been mainly spent in the GNCD
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 05:00:19 PM »
Crazycanuck1985 -  Humboldt Bay Golf Club - Eureka California (Holes 2, 5 & 11)
Forums:  HB TGCT TGCT Course Page
Fairways: Medium-Firm, Greens: Medium Firmness, Fast Speed

As you would expect from Andre this course is excellently put together. It has a very distinctive look to it and never wavers in quality (on this occasion I have already played the full course).

It is definitely on the harder side of things, the short par 4 is accessible only due to the fact you are playing such a short shot in, the other two are devilishly hard to get close to. I felt that the second of the holes (I think it was the 2nd... Pin was on right side) would have been just that little bit better with some subtle slopes allowing an accurate shot moving left to right to feed down to the hole, all the sloping seemed to take the ball away from the hole making a short chip the preferred position for the birdie chance.

The only other criticism I can see (and I'm really digging here) is the slightly formulaic planting around the water... don't get me wrong, that formula is blooming lovely and looks stunning up close, I just felt if you look closely it was a little too evenly spaced out and neat to look 100% natural. A little mess might make it look even better... Or far worse, who knows :-D

I really enjoyed both the showcase and the full course. My advice... bring you A game and give this course a play :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash