Le Golf des Grisons

• 4 Replies

Tsar35

« on: February 08, 2016, 04:07:19 AM »
Le Golf des Grisons is 7,187 yards Par 72 based in the Swiss theme. Due to its Alpine nature, the course offers slight elevation changes, but nothing dramatic. Although a safe option is always available, shaping the ball off the tee may occasionally be a rewarding option. Watch the flyby of some selected holes in the attached video. Have a nice game and I hope you will enjoy the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LJArgT79sI
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:10:49 AM by Tsar35 »

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
Clicking on that video is worth the time... some lovely looking holes and I love the log walls.  Not the first time I've known it to be done, but they really look fantastic, great job.
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

Griz891

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 01:52:08 PM »
I really enjoyed my round on this course. Very nice layout and scenary. Great Job!!

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:22:39 PM »
Sorry it took so long for your course to appear on a showcase tour... It's now live in case you haven't seen: 3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 2 Tour 2
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:11:29 PM »
My review from the 3 hole showcase tour:

Tsar35 - Le Golf des Grisons (2, 12 & 15)
Fairway Firmness:  Medium
Green Firmness:  Medium
Green Speed:  Fast

Really enjoyed this course, I played the full version.

Has a very strong opening tee shot.  With the exception of very steep slopes into the water (which may be intentional) I thought the look and feel was excellent.  It has a tight tee shot if you want to try and cut a little off the corner.  I wasn't expecting there to be no light rough so was immediately punished, but I understand why some designers prefer to leave out the light rough so that is fine.  The only thing to consider is that it is probably easier to get onto the Web.com or CC tour events on TGCT so adding light rough would increase chances of success there.

Throughout the course I struggled to find anything technically wrong and there was plenty of nice touches.  The wooden retaining walls made out of logs look incredible and are a great feature of the course.  I thought the clubhouse area was nice and shown off well on the 9th hole in particular.  I noted a few pretty tee shots, 9, 12, 18 in particular I noted.

Perhaps the only things I personally prefer to see, are holes where you can see the teeing area of the next hole, or fairways from other holes a little more.  Also maybe some pathways between some of the longer stretches between point A and B where the player would have to walk cross country to the next shot.

All in all, excellently done, I would say with addition of light rough I could see a web.com or CC event being hosted here
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash