Kapalua Plantation Course (KPC Beta)

• 38 Replies

theclv24

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
I was coming off a 3 day binge session when I posted the beta and wasn't in my happy place.

Ha!

Well like I said, even if it's not 100% exact, it's in a pretty good place already, regardless of what you end up calling it. If you think you don't have the patience to keep going over it again and again, I wouldn't stress over it too much. Just do whatever you are comfortable with and will find enjoyable.

If you plan on doing some more research, though, you might want to look up some old TW Golf videos. I know there is a 2004 version, and looks like someone made one for 2008 PC. They don't look as informative in regards to elevation (and graphics of course) as 2013 and 2014 courses do, but it might be helpful nonetheless.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 07:46:50 PM »
I was coming off a 3 day binge session when I posted the beta and wasn't in my happy place.

Ha!

Well like I said, even if it's not 100% exact, it's in a pretty good place already, regardless of what you end up calling it. If you think you don't have the patience to keep going over it again and again, I wouldn't stress over it too much. Just do whatever you are comfortable with and will find enjoyable.

If you plan on doing some more research, though, you might want to look up some old TW Golf videos. I know there is a 2004 version, and looks like someone made one for 2008 PC. They don't look as informative in regards to elevation (and graphics of course) as 2013 and 2014 courses do, but it might be helpful nonetheless.

There is really no reason to rush it. I'm glad I released the beta version because it is fun as hell to play and I got some real valuable feedback.  Now I can take all the time I need to get things right.  The final version will be called Kapalua Plantation Course and will hopefully live up to the name.

TeeJay0218

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2016, 09:18:31 AM »
Played the beta last night on my "Tour Pro" settings w/ 18mph winds.

Played along with bluegolf as a yardage book and shot a 2 over. Enjoyed it

I feel like you nailed the layout and elevations, only comment I would give is when you release the final version, throw some OB on the cliff on the right side of hole 5. If you whiff one over the cliff, it might take you 20 shots to get it back up there. (No exaggeration lol)
PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
Played the beta last night on my "Tour Pro" settings w/ 18mph winds.

Played along with bluegolf as a yardage book and shot a 2 over. Enjoyed it

I feel like you nailed the layout and elevations, only comment I would give is when you release the final version, throw some OB on the cliff on the right side of hole 5. If you whiff one over the cliff, it might take you 20 shots to get it back up there. (No exaggeration lol)

Thanks TeeJay.  I don't believe there are any out of bounds areas on the course in real life.  That gorge is 300 feet deep so 20 shots would be a "good out" in my book, lol.

friendBOMBER

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »
Looking good! Bringing life back to the links theme!
Check out all my course's, listed in the OP of my "friendBOMBER's course catalog" thread in TGC2019 completed courses:

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=29412.msg351275#msg351275

Follow me on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/friendBOMBER1

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 11:10:32 AM »
Brilliant This, An inspired Choice to make this in the links theme and the winds what goes with it.This Course is designed with winds in mind and i loved my round in 13-15mph winds.I love a Real Course and in my view this remake going to be up there with the very best in game,Love all these real courses which are being made they keep getting better and better.

Dox

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 02:19:25 PM »
Great course so far. I can't say what is off or exactly on, but the main thing was I felt like I was playing the real course. The elevations look awesome and nice work on the landscaping outside the holes. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Completed courses:
Aspinwall Motor Speedway Golf Course
Foxhurst Valley
Ashford Pines Golf Club
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Members
Ashford Pines Golf Club - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198116348594

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 06:21:56 PM »
Great course so far. I can't say what is off or exactly on, but the main thing was I felt like I was playing the real course. The elevations look awesome and nice work on the landscaping outside the holes. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks Dox.  I'll probably resume work on this in the next couple weeks. 

Yeltzman

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 11:47:58 AM »
What a Brilliant course this is,looked finished to me in beta any signs of a general release love this.

Scarpacci

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »
Thanks Yeltz.  I placed this on the back burner for the time being.  I'm going to wait until after the June 14 announcement to see what direction they are taking the game.

Yeltzman

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2016, 04:38:00 PM »
Tks Well what ever happens still got the Beta to Play Real Class.

SANCHEZCFC

« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2016, 10:40:25 AM »
Absoulutely fantastic...just like i was playing a TW game lookswise..looks stunningly perfect...ranks alongside bombers Pebble Beach & i never thought i would say that..great job.

Royce

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »
This is a great course, hopefully the June announcement motivates Antonio to complete this gem.....
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Rod81simo

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2016, 05:59:55 AM »
Ahem!!!
My TGC 2019 Courses:
Royal Ballylough
Congressional Country Club
Settlers Run Country Club
PGA National (Champion)
The Glades Golf Club
The Colonial Golf Club
Samurai Links

Oswinner

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2016, 02:42:48 PM »
Played along whilst viewing this site.

http://www.golfatkapalua.com/plantation-course.html

Seems very very good. I don't feel like I'm playing in Hawaii though but the course seems to match in distances. Shot -8 with no aids but I had no wind unfortunately which I'm guessing is the courses defence with all those lovely crazy elevation changes. Will hope to play again in high winds soon.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 03:20:04 PM by Oswinner »
LSG Tour (Legend Sim Golf Tour) - The Toughest Test of Video Golf!

space-cash