Author Topic: Let Me Tell You What Is Wrong With This Game  (Read 9661 times)

dukefan59

Let Me Tell You What Is Wrong With This Game
« on: February 23, 2016, 07:11:02 PM »
If I want to play offline I should be able to turn down the wind. Ahhh the wind. Almost every tourny match or whatever the wind #1 high, #2 green rock hard, #3 I land the ball right on the front like you have to and it rolls off the back EVERYTIME! I chip back on the green 14 or 15 times in 18 holes. I know alot of people say just get better but my best shot is to land it right on the front thats all I can do. Could really be a great game but I wish I had not bought it. Still looking for a golf game as good as Links 2003.

ADX321

• GroupMember
Re: Let Me Tell You What Is Wrong With This Game
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:14:19 PM »
If I want to play offline I should be able to turn down the wind. Ahhh the wind. Almost every tourny match or whatever the wind #1 high, #2 green rock hard, #3 I land the ball right on the front like you have to and it rolls off the back EVERYTIME! I chip back on the green 14 or 15 times in 18 holes. I know alot of people say just get better but my best shot is to land it right on the front thats all I can do. Could really be a great game but I wish I had not bought it. Still looking for a golf game as good as Links 2003.

Learn to use the flop shot - it stops on a dime or backs up

The wind is random so you can find courses that it's not blowing very hard

This game is 10x better than Links 2003, or 2015, it just takes a little bit of effort to learn how to play it.

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

dukefan59

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »
1:Can't use a flop shot from 120 to 200 yards
2:You can not tell how windy a course is till you start playing it
3:On links 2003 I could make my own PGA Tour with real names real courses and a money list plus set the skill level for each player something I had hoped you could do in this game.

rdh

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 11:15:11 PM »
Not trying to be a jerk here but...  Links wasn't developed by Microsoft.  It was developed by access software which was later purchased by MS.  It was a small group too early on.

I have to agree on some level with dukefan59.  Remember too that I speak mostly from the simulator perspective but it still applies period.  I wish HB would accept/embrace options.  If someone wants to play a practice round on any given course that won't count for course records or ghost balls or anything else...LET THEM PLAY HOW THEY WANT.  Zero wind.  Set the time of day and weather.  Even let them swap out textures to see how courses look different ways without bugging the designer to release 6 variations under different names.  Give the player more control...let them enjoy the game however they want. Just don't count it for course records or record it as a ghost ball...it's just for fun in a pure practice mode.  Let the people have fun...don't handcuff them.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 11:21:28 PM »
Not trying to be a jerk here but...  Links wasn't developed by Microsoft.  It was developed by access software which was later purchased by MS.  It was a small group too early on.

I have to agree on some level with dukefan59.  Remember too that I speak mostly from the simulator perspective but it still applies period.  I wish HB would accept/embrace options.  If someone wants to play a practice round on any given course that won't count for course records or ghost balls or anything else...LET THEM PLAY HOW THEY WANT.  Zero wind.  Set the time of day and weather.  Even let them swap out textures to see how courses look different ways without bugging the designer to release 6 variations under different names.  Give the player more control...let them enjoy the game however they want. Just don't count it for course records or record it as a ghost ball...it's just for fun in a pure practice mode.  Let the people have fun...don't handcuff them.

Links 2003 was Microsoft - that was the version he referenced

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

rdh

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2016, 12:15:27 AM »

Crap!  Got me on a technicality.  You're right...I back down.  :)

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 12:18:17 AM »

We're both right

Links 386 is why I got into pc's which ended up being partially responsible for my current career

So I owe those Access boys a lot.

I started with World Tour Golf - the dreaded EA.  they couldn't do DLC back then :)

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

rdh

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2016, 12:41:40 AM »

We're both right

Links 386 is why I got into pc's which ended up being partially responsible for my current career

So I owe those Access boys a lot.

I started with World Tour Golf - the dreaded EA.  they couldn't do DLC back then :)

We're both of a solid pedigree.  I think I've played every golf game in history (probably not...but)...  Leaderboard, Leaderboard World Class, world tour golf (I think that one had baltusrol, didn't it?), mean 18, jack Nicklaus unlimited...the list goes on and on.  There was even one character-based one back on the commodore 64 or Atari 600 where you typed in your shot direction and speed and it rendered the ball going across characters representing fairway, rough, etc.  Back when I played that as a kid, if I could have seen what TGC would look like...my head would have exploded.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 04:40:04 AM »

This game is 10x better than Links 2003, or 2015, it just takes a little bit of effort to learn how to play it.

Do yourself a favour OP and listen not to ADX, the flop is by far the game breaking shot in TGC...it ruins the whole experience.  TGC suits a lot of people here because birdie is the new par, the game makes you look better than you actually are...if thats what you want then great, but if you want a challenge go get PG.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 07:43:48 AM »

Links 2003 can still be bought and played to this day.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 07:45:12 AM »

Do yourself a favour OP and listen not to ADX, the flop is by far the game breaking shot in TGC...it ruins the whole experience.  TGC suits a lot of people here because birdie is the new par, the game makes you look better than you actually are...if thats what you want then great, but if you want a challenge go get PG.

You constantly slam ADX...if you hate this game so much, why are you still trolling the threads? Do you see any of us bad mouthing PG on the PG forums...no. So what is your problem?

rdh

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 08:15:33 AM »

I don't think comments should be posted openly advising people to go buy a different game, apart from the dedicated thread in the off topic section.  Just my opinion...but I'd say it's not appropriate.

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 08:24:08 AM »

You constantly slam ADX...if you hate this game so much, why are you still trolling the threads? Do you see any of us bad mouthing PG on the PG forums...no. So what is your problem?

constantly! i think you will find i posted very little while he spews his garbage in multiple threads...just keeping it real here, no bad mouthing TGC, it has multiple problems that should be highlighted to aid future improvement, he should be honest with the op, not tell him to learn the flop, hell what is there to learn...its the get out of jail free shot in TGC and everyone knows it.

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »
Like I said folks - Dogz is here to recruit for another game

He doesn't care about this game and only acts like he does so he's allowed to stay and recruit.

The comment is an insult to the hard working people who make this game and pay to host this forum.

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

leslie.sangster

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 11:45:12 AM »
The flop shot rarely ever stops on a dime. Not with TOUR clubs.

For most users it is not a "get out of jail free card".
The flop is certainly not the get out of jail card anymore especially if it's around about 10ft distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

space-cash