HMAS Vampire

• 13 Replies

Jacquesy123

« on: February 26, 2016, 07:41:59 PM »
Hey guys jump on the train to HMAS Vampire golf course and stroll through the village, stop by the football stadium, and make a birdie or two at this resort style course

Also created
Vandemons golf club
Bothwell

NevadaBallin

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »
The picture is a bathroom on a train track?

Not very compelled by that lol
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Griz891

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 11:32:47 PM »
The picture is a bathroom on a train track?

Not very compelled by that lol
LMAO!!!  Was thinking the same thing and a bit blurry also.

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 02:08:03 AM »
There has been a lot of work put into this course..I hope it gets some plays and some constructive feedback.The designer really deserves that for the work he has put in..Here's some pics, just to give you an idea...Cheers

Griz891

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:51:46 AM »
Those pics look awesome....gonna give it try for sure. Amazing what a few pics will do to enhance you to play it....nice job Vic!!

Ok....I played your course and thought you really put alot of work into it. The course was very playable with alot of holes that made you think before hitting the ball. Just a few thoughts, and by no means am I an expert on course design...lol, I would maybe get rid of some of the generated plantings and rocks and create your own. Maybe throw some light rough around your teeboxes to make them look a little better. Smoothing is a big thing, and I learned that the hard way as I'm sure many have. Definately smooth your bunkers and greens. There's quite a few tutorials on youtube about smoothing and making greens and bunkers (course designing in general). I have no problem with tough greens, I feel that's part of golf, but big bumps all over the greens is a little frustrating for most players. I'd definately put some tender loving care on your greens on your next project. Hopefully some of the better designers will play it and give you some better feedback on it. These are just things I have learned since starting. Overall I thought it was a really good course to play and I'll look forward to your next projects.  Good Luck!!.......Griz!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:31:31 AM by Griz891 »

Jacquesy123

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:11:14 AM »
Hey Griz

Thanks for the feedback mate much appreciated, yea i am still learning tricks of course design, much enjoyed designing this one,

Thanks Karma for posting the pictures would love to get some buzz around this course thanks heaps

Jacquesy

Also courses Designed
Bothwell
Vandemons Land

NevadaBallin

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »
Karma to the rescue. :)

I'll give this a play some time today
Twitch Channel>  http://www.twitch.tv/YoNevadaBallin

Come by and say hello

***TGC 2019 Courses***
- Montreux Barracuda (RCR Montreux, Reno, NV)
- St Alphonso GC FXD
- Idlewild South Memorial GC
- Bacarra Golf Club

Jacquesy123

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 09:33:49 PM »
Hey Guys ill make a tournament for this course in the next few days with some updates to the course ill put in Thursday-Sunday pins,

Ill post it here when i have done this,

Jacquesy

Course Designed
Bothwell
Vandemon Golf club

Jacquesy123

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 11:26:02 PM »
Hey Guys

Tour up loaded for HMAS Vampire 5 rounds, 4 different Pin Locations,

Tour Name is HMAS Vampire Classic

Hope you all enjoy

Jacquesy123

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 07:11:19 AM »
Current best score for this course is -15 see if you can Beat it

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 08:22:57 PM »
Sorry it took so long for your course to appear on a showcase tour... It's now live in case you haven't seen: 3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 2 Tour 2
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 08:13:26 PM »
My review from the 3 hole showcase tour... sorry it took me so long :)

Jacquesy123 - HMAS Vampire (6, 7 & 9)
Fairway Firmness: Medium
Green Firmness: Medium
Green Speed: Medium

I have to start by talking about the immense work done around the port/hotel/train tracks etc.  Clearly a massive amount of work has been done on this and it is very detailed.  I always like seeing those train tracks pop up and they are really well done with lots of gradual bends.  The only thing that struck me is that for all the detail put into it, unless you fly the camera around, much of that is lost.  Place all of that in the middle of your plot and then suddenly you have it as a backdrop for your tee shots etc and get more out of that work.  It could easily be spread out around the plot also making it a different visual treat on each hole.

The 1st was a good challenging start.  The tree poses a certain danger and makes you work the ball right from the off.  I would perhaps shy away from this as an opener as it doesn't hurt to provide a bit of a warm up hole, but it isn't the longest hole so it's not too bad.

Sculpting throughout was very well done, I didn't see anything that looked out of place and the bunkers were very shapely.

I wasn't a massive fan of the grass bunkers on 5.  I see what you were trying to do, but the game lets you down as the grass only pops into view when close.  Also if the bunker was shaped differently from the others it would help, it just looks unmaintained.

The 8th is a nice hole that could benefit from the tee being raised up, from the tee position you just see the rough in front.

I really liked the 10th, but thought it was a shame that the train tracks were hidden by the bushes and the trees.  I would also vary the trees as you could see they were uniform size/height and shape.

I failed to note their numbers but a couple of the par 3s I really liked in particular, the sharp downhiller was one of them.

All in all, a very solid course and the designer clearly has a lot of skill.  I think that with a few pointers and the efforts aimed in the right direction and we could see a stunning course come for his next efforts.  Try and look at each tee shot to make them look as good as you can, preferably including some of your skilled detail work in the background and it will take you a long way.
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

Jacquesy123

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2016, 07:58:44 AM »
thanks mate for the review

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »
thanks mate for the review

No problem, enjoyed my round.  Have you any more in the works?
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash