The 5 best courses ever released for this game

• 21 Replies

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2016, 07:06:08 AM »
hard to make a list for that, better off with favorites of all time some won't be best builds but ones you enjoy over and over again.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2016, 09:24:36 AM »
Was that post meant to do anything but plug your own courses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ADX321

• GroupMember
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 09:41:12 AM »

I had one of my courses in the list that was a co-design actually and 4 that were different people - you're on to me

Courses I claim in order of how I like em

Pacific Bluffs Golf Club
Soggy Bottom Golf Club
Old Beaver Creek (With Reebdoog)
Deliverance Golf Club
Semmock Golf Club
Oak National
Hanging Tree
Potrornak Links

DoGgzbollox

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 12:59:04 PM »
haha ;D best plug i've seen in a while...nice one colin! maybe not subtle enough though  ;)

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 12:08:01 AM »

I had one of my courses in the list that was a co-design actually and 4 that were different people - you're on to me

Not directed at you ADX, you had a disclaimer so all good.

PeterMoyle

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 06:11:48 AM »
Top 5 for me, this would be tough, it's so subjective, plus it would leave out so many great courses that were just so well done. But what the heck.

1. McKee McGrodo -Black Widow by Jeremy Blaylock

I know tastegw says this was made as a tricked up course not to be taken seriously. But I played here many many times and I credit this course as making me a better player. I did not find it a pretty course, but clearly the best golf in this game to date. This course will take any weaknesses you have in your game and slap you in the face with them. Most will choose to just quit, I choose to take the many mental notes and go work on those areas. Which brings me to my 2nd choice.

2. Cuyahoga Golf Club -by Dario Logan

Another course on my list not because it is pretty, but because it helps to highlight weak areas in your game, what someone chooses to do confronted with that information I imagine is a personal preference.

3. Magnolia National 2016 Max Firm -Craig LeVasseur

This one almost did not make the list only because I do not see the 3-4 foot fairway moguls or the 8 feet deep bunkers that should be there, but it is pretty and well done, the max firm version almost replicates the challenge of the place. I'm almost certain the course has been toned down to appeal to the masses, and it appeals to the masses so perhaps mission accomplished. But it's on my list because it is pretty close to the real thing, it's well done and it's pretty.

4. Royal Lytham and St Annes 2015 -by T. Yeltzman

This one is the greatest tournament course there ever was. This course does an excellent job of separating the men from the boys. The boys run screaming to the forums, the men play on.

5. Tye Dunes by Patrick Yates

On the list because it is the 2nd greatest tournament course and for the same reasons as #4. Virtually in a tie with #4. Only reason I move this to #5, I give the nod to an RCR. However this designer considered everything in presenting the player with a challenge, no stone was left un turned here.

You may notice a theme with my selections, they are all hard courses that require skill, thought and course management to cruise around those tracks. Definitely not for the timid player. I just really really don't see much fun or challenge of dialing up 81% and hitting 100% and tapping in for birdie. The easy to birdie courses I'm sure stroke the ego's of many players, I just fail to see any skill in that accomplishment, but to each their own I suppose. Whatever floats your boat.

Good choices and good reasons behind them.

McKee McGrodo I haven't tried for a while - it gives great lessons in how to play but boy are they harsh.

Tye Dunes - just started playing it and it really has everything. Driving with choices,risk/reward,especially in those strong winds. Large,firm and undulating greens which require thought before the approach. They are firm and fast but also fair. A very good looking course. All this and elevation changes too.

I think anyone will learn a lot from playing this one course.

How much more satisfying it is to have a shot like this (almost!) come off than to just dial in the loft and bounce once before ending up 12 inches away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjSf_xyKliU
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 06:20:05 AM by PeterMoyle »

Colinmafia

• Maker of Enjoyable Easy to play RCR look-a-likies
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2016, 08:35:07 PM »
Its ok, whatever i say it winds up McBogga job done Lol

space-cash