Skytrak and TGC

• 16 Replies

Bubba22

« on: February 26, 2016, 11:56:58 PM »
TGC now officially integrated with Skytrak. http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/golf-club
This is a great opportunity for Skytrak users to play a great simulator software and join the TGC Online golf tour.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:08:03 AM »
Nice!

With multiple tees it would be the go to software for sure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bubba22

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 12:18:40 AM »
I agree McBogga. Skytrak integration is huge as TGC sales will grow big time. Multiple tees will come!

craig118

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 07:15:51 AM »
Bubba,  Can you answer a couple of questions for me please about this. 

- Since I have TGC software (with Protee package),  do I have to buy it again for the Skytrack? I am guesing I do.
 - Can I use my protee putting sensor for putting along with the Skytack?  Protee putting sensor can't be beat IMO.
 - If not, is putting chipping any good on skytrack? Last I heard it was not very good.
 - How long is the Skytrack launch delay now? Last I heard it was about 3 sec which is kinda annoying to me , Especially since I am used to the nearly instant launch with the protee.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:32:36 AM by craig118 »
Whistling Straits
Pine Valley
Inverness Club

Ckl - Sim user

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »
All good questions Craig, which I'd like the answers to as well. What would be great is if you could integrate the skytrak with Protee, Protee for club data, skytrak for ball data, and the ProTee putting sensor. 

Also, Craig where have you been?? Been missing your OUTSTANDING courses!!

Bubba22

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »
No you don't need to buy TGC again.
Can't use Protee putting sensor with Skytrak, not yet anyway.
Putting/chipping decent with ST. Delay is 2-3 sec.
Integration with ProTee and ST is the hope.

markgerard

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »
I have a skytrak launch monitor and would like to use the golf club game software.  My son has a copy of the PC TGC game that he purchased a month or so ago on amazon.  Is that game compatible with my skytrak or do I have to buy a special version?

Bubba22

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 07:02:21 PM »
You will need to buy TGC sim version and also get the Skytrak GIP http://www.skytrakgolf.com/simulation/golf-club

Muntergator

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 10:36:10 AM »
I'm very disappointed by the cost of the Sky Trak Golf Game integration . $995 !

What a strange model , the skytrak is essentially a controller for the game .  To get charged this amount for adding a controller to a game is odd.

If you want to control a game with a game pad or  kinetc instead of a keyboard you are not charged extra by the controller manafacturer  or game developer . No one uses that model .

The annual subscription is also weird as to play the golf club you don't need an annual subscription yet skytrak seem to want to impose a subsciption on use of the controller which you have already bought !

I've been a software developer all my life . The vendors / golf sim developers need to agree a standard or protocol for controllers .

It doesn't matter what brand your gamepad is , you can plug it in and play any game with it . We can use any controller/launch analysis solution with any golf sim supporting the standard .

Sound good ?
Any ideas ?

rdh

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 11:06:54 AM »
You really don't know the simulator software marketplace.  Keep in mind that a lot of time is invested not just to integrate the hardware, but also to change the software to be more suitable to simulator use...all for a relatively tiny customer base.  The business model has to work or it would never even become available in the first place.

Muntergator

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 01:14:11 PM »
That's the whole point of a common API , there is no integration effort.

Thanks for validating the argument .

rdh

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
There will always be work on one side or the other to integrate the hardware and tune it to work well with the software.  Then the time that is invested in modifying the software to work well for simulators (auto-rewind function, ability to change camera position, etc.) is a cost that has to be recovered through a small number of sales (even including skytrak).  This work continues on an ongoing basis.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 01:34:45 AM »
Looks like a sellers market with some business models to fit.

rdh

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 08:39:03 AM »
People newer to this marketplace don't have an appreciation for how expensive it has historically been.  TGC is a bargain at $995.  The previous generation leading software (red chain) was typically sold for $1999 (before price drops late in its life cycle).  Then there were occasionally add-on prices for course packs (which were community developed)...but after a while the price started including all courses.  BUT...if you bought a Foresight GC2, you had to buy that same red chain software from them for a few thousand dollars, and then they charged a LOT to add on courses...thousands of dollars to get them all.  I don't know how foresight's newer FSX software is priced, but i'd be willing to bet TGC is a relative steal at $995.

The fact is, it's a niche market and products are priced at what the market will bear.  ProTee has had no difficulties selling TGC fairly well at the $995 price.

Dusty Roads

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 09:57:54 AM »
Go get em TGC

Great news for OUR golf game.

space-cash