Skytrak and TGC

• 16 Replies

rdh

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
Go get em TGC

Great news for OUR golf game.

Absolutely.  This is the reason I keep pushing for some features that are lacking currently (multiple tees being the big one) as the competition has them.  I want TGC to win in this space.

Muntergator

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 12:30:03 PM »
I hear you . I couldn't make myself pay 995 to 'integrate' skytrak with the golf club even though it is a 'bargain' .

I can dream though .

The dream goes like this ....

Use any launch monitor eg ES14, SkyTrak , ProTee  etc with any future sim  8)

How would this be possible :

1. The launch monitor vendors  support a common protocol / API .  A golf sim developer can then support this API . As both parties support the standard , good to go .

This would take some Steve Jobs like character to get the vendors to agree on a standard going forward .

2. Launch monitor vendors publish their protocol  / API .   Game Developers publish an API for controlling game eg so launch parameters can be set programatically .
Community does the integration  - some bright spark would create an app to read the launch monitor  data and pass onto TGC  or Rory McIlroy PGA Tour  or whatever great sim comes next .

If you paid big money launch monitor and a new sim comes out  your still good to go .

Dream over.

space-cash