Author Topic: HB Studios - Announce - Infinite Air!!  (Read 7126 times)

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
HB Studios - Announce - Infinite Air!!
« on: March 07, 2016, 10:34:29 AM »
HB Studios has today announced a new snowboarding game - see press release below
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160307005431/en/HB-Studios-Maximum-Games-Carve-Tracks-Infinite

and the website here
http://infiniteairgame.com/

rdh

Re: HB Studios - Announce - Infinite Air!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:06:14 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't post something negative here, but I see this and to me it explains why new development has been quiet on TGC side the last few months...and it has me thinking reassignment of development resources over to this project.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see what it means for TGC.  I know the competition isn't starting work on a snowboarding game and are 100% focused on golf...so it's a concern from my personal perspective.

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 11:21:12 AM »
I think this announcement was made by Anthony to let us know what they've been up to.   I'm sure he already knows that we're not on this forum for a snowboarding game but I give them my support none the less.
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 11:22:46 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't post something negative here, but I see this and to me it explains why new development has been quiet on TGC side the last few months...and it has me thinking reassignment of development resources over to this project.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see what it means for TGC.  I know the competition isn't starting work on a snowboarding game and are 100% focused on golf...so it's a concern from my personal perspective.

Hahahaha - Paul wins the prize!!
We had a sweepstake going on with who would post this first. I had OMG, damn!!

HB has nearly 100 people, split into 3 teams. The golf team is actually bigger now than it was a year ago and none of us have anything to do with Infinite Air. That's a completely separate team at the other end of the building.

HB_DevonM

• GroupMember
  • SE (Graphics)
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 11:23:47 AM »

People have always moved around from project to project depending on specific skills and needs etc, but since the start of the snowboarding project the TGC team size has not changed dramatically (and the minor change of team size we did experience was in the positive direction.)

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
    • TGCToursTV Twitch Channel
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »
Looks pretty cool! Customizable hills huh? Very excited to try out the GNSHD (Greg Norman Ski Hill Designer)

Crazycanuck1985

• GroupMember
    • TGCToursTV Twitch Channel
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 11:51:57 AM »
I also hope John does snowboarding commentary.

"You're on the bunny hill. You can faceplant from here."

rdh

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:01:32 PM »

Hahahaha - Paul wins the prize!!
We had a sweepstake going on with who would post this first. I had OMG, damn!!

HB has nearly 100 people, split into 3 teams. The golf team is actually bigger now than it was a year ago and none of us have anything to do with Infinite Air. That's a completely separate team at the other end of the building.

That's funny.  Do I get a share of whatever you wagered?  :)

The dedicated teams are reassuring...glad to hear it and thanks for addressing the concern Anthony.  Sorry for whatever I cost you!

johneric8

• GroupMember
  • Been here since the beginning!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:03:12 PM »
You guys over there at HB Studios are some funny funny kids!   I don't know why but I get the feeling you guys are setting us up for some exciting news in the near future in regards to TGC,   but I want to take this short moment in time to remind you guys that I'm still happy with TGC.   It's been my favorite game of all time hands down and that is saying alot..
My Courses:
Nitro 9 Bedrock
Devils Rain (updated)
Throat of Saint Blaise V.1
Our Lady Of Guadalupe V 0.9
Texoma's 9 Hole On The Green
Opulent Peaks CC
Margaret Thatchers Fields Of Pleasure (joke course)

stan_solo

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 12:05:25 PM »
It's alright for 14 year olds    ... I guess

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 02:45:27 AM »
 ;)  A wild guess on my part, but, i seriously doubt that older folks are the majority of gamers...Hey.. ;D

bigtee

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »
HB project manager Anthony Kyne told Eurogamer "We wanted to make a snowboarding game, and i asked the hb team whether or not we needed any snow in this game, because from my perpective we could make a quicker product by just allowing players to add wheels to their snowboard, and roll down hills, so in a sense you have your Tony Hawk fans potentially buying the game, but you'd also have your hardcore snowboarding fans who still go at it, even after the snow melts".

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 01:15:51 AM »
HB project manager Anthony Kyne told Eurogamer "We wanted to make a snowboarding game, and i asked the hb team whether or not we needed any snow in this game, because from my perpective we could make a quicker product by just allowing players to add wheels to their snowboard, and roll down hills, so in a sense you have your Tony Hawk fans potentially buying the game, but you'd also have your hardcore snowboarding fans who still go at it, even after the snow melts".

Makes perfect sense to me...Shows that HB are on the ball...or snowballin'.... ;)   ;D 

Cheers to all at HB........

space-cash