0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: March 26, 2016, 09:06:27 PM

3 Hole Showcase Contest: Series 2 Tour 2

• 16 Replies

pyates

• GroupMember
« on: March 13, 2016, 09:04:20 PM »
The second and final tour of Series 2 of the 3 hole showcase contest is here!

Play the tour and vote for your favourite. Also feel free to leave a review or comments on the courses/tour. The full versions of the winning courses across the 4 tour series will earn a spot on the end of series tour.

PLAYERS: Please post your scores here or in the thread on TGCT forums. Simply a total is fine, but for a course by course scorecard look at post 2. The player leaderboard will be updated regularly on here but only scores posted will count.

Voting is open for the full length of the tour (13 days).  NOTE: If you are on mobile and using tapatalk then you can get to the vote by going to the menu top right and clicking 'Web view'.  You will need to login to do so.

Tsar35 - Le Golf des Grisons (2, 12 & 15)
Fairway Firmness:  Medium
Green Firmness:  Medium
Green Speed:  Fast

Jacquesy123 - HMAS Vampire (6, 7 & 9)
Fairway Firmness: Medium
Green Firmness: Medium
Green Speed: Medium

Mav78 - Royal St. Iona

nickweis - the links @ Inverness point

Antiparosjez - Viking Weald

JRuckles - Jayflower Golf Course
Fairway Firmness:  Firm
Green Firmness:  Firm

Leaderboard:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:51:36 PM by pyates »
Full Courses:
Sandy Foot Links (TGCTLive Olympic Entry)
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club
University Links (TGCT 2015 Open Championship)

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 09:05:25 PM »
Scorecard:

Le Golf des Grisons:
HMAS Vampire:
Royal St. Iona:
the links @ Inverness point:
Viking Weald:
Jayflower Golf Course:
Total:
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 09:06:49 PM »
I'll add the missing pics and details at a later point
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 08:29:28 PM »
I'll try and fill in the missing course conditions tomorrow, but if any of the designers know then if appreciate the post and I'll update.

When I have them all filled in I'll post to the TGCT forum for hopefully some more plays :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

JRuckles

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:37 PM »
Jayflower is pretty firm and fast, ~2PM for both on the dial.  Thanks for giving it another go on the 3HST

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 12:51:57 PM »
Cheers for the info... no trouble :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 07:56:33 PM »
With regards to reviews... Same applies here to the previous ones... Happy to do them if wanted (as just posted). If I remember correctly Tsar and Jacquesy are keen for reviews so I'll do those... Any others give me a PM or comment here.
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

Tsar35

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 11:22:31 AM »
Thank you Pyates! I will be playing the tour this weekend. And yes, I would be happy for a review and would certainly value constructive criticism to improve on future designs :)

JRuckles

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »
Fun tourney,

Le Golf des Grisons -1
HMAS Vampire E
Royal St Iona +2
The Links @ Inverness Pointe -1
Viking Weald E
Jayflower -3

-3 OVR

Tsar35

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2016, 09:43:53 AM »
Here is my score as Tsar35 on XB1

Le Golf des Grisons  -1
HMAS Vampire  -2
Royal St. Iona  -1
The links @ Inverness point  -2
Viking Weald  -2
Jayflower Golf Course  -3

-11 in total

Having 3 eagles helped to balance silly mistakes such as putting a ball in the water on my own course :)

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 08:33:31 PM »
Very few votes and only 30mins remaining... The other has a bit longer.  I'll post tours for the winners after they both are done :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 09:32:39 AM »
Congrats Mav, Royal St Iona takes this one, lovely course :)
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
Sorry for not getting to these reviews sooner.  Not only has work been busy but I've hit an inspired spell with my own design work so have found it hard dragging myself away for longer than it takes to play my TGCT rounds :).  Will type up my reviews now
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 07:43:10 PM »
Tsar35 - Le Golf des Grisons (2, 12 & 15)
Fairway Firmness:  Medium
Green Firmness:  Medium

Really enjoyed this course, I played the full version.

Has a very strong opening tee shot.  With the exception of very steep slopes into the water (which may be intentional) I thought the look and feel was excellent.  It has a tight tee shot if you want to try and cut a little off the corner.  I wasn't expecting there to be no light rough so was immediately punished, but I understand why some designers prefer to leave out the light rough so that is fine.  The only thing to consider is that it is probably easier to get onto the Web.com or CC tour events on TGCT so adding light rough would increase chances of success there.

Throughout the course I struggled to find anything technically wrong and there was plenty of nice touches.  The wooden retaining walls made out of logs look incredible and are a great feature of the course.  I thought the clubhouse area was nice and shown off well on the 9th hole in particular.  I noted a few pretty tee shots, 9, 12, 18 in particular I noted.

Perhaps the only things I personally prefer to see, are holes where you can see the teeing area of the next hole, or fairways from other holes a little more.  Also maybe some pathways between some of the longer stretches between point A and B where the player would have to walk cross country to the next shot.

All in all, excellently done, I would say with addition of light rough I could see a web.com or CC event being hosted here

Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

pyates

• GroupMember
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
Jacquesy123 - HMAS Vampire (6, 7 & 9)
Fairway Firmness: Medium
Green Firmness: Medium
Green Speed: Medium

I have to start by talking about the immense work done around the port/hotel/train tracks etc.  Clearly a massive amount of work has been done on this and it is very detailed.  I always like seeing those train tracks pop up and they are really well done with lots of gradual bends.  The only thing that struck me is that for all the detail put into it, unless you fly the camera around, much of that is lost.  Place all of that in the middle of your plot and then suddenly you have it as a backdrop for your tee shots etc and get more out of that work.  It could easily be spread out around the plot also making it a different visual treat on each hole.

The 1st was a good challenging start.  The tree poses a certain danger and makes you work the ball right from the off.  I would perhaps shy away from this as an opener as it doesn't hurt to provide a bit of a warm up hole, but it isn't the longest hole so it's not too bad.

Sculpting throughout was very well done, I didn't see anything that looked out of place and the bunkers were very shapely.

I wasn't a massive fan of the grass bunkers on 5.  I see what you were trying to do, but the game lets you down as the grass only pops into view when close.  Also if the bunker was shaped differently from the others it would help, it just looks unmaintained.

The 8th is a nice hole that could benefit from the tee being raised up, from the tee position you just see the rough in front.

I really liked the 10th, but thought it was a shame that the train tracks were hidden by the bushes and the trees.  I would also vary the trees as you could see they were uniform size/height and shape.

I failed to note their numbers but a couple of the par 3s I really liked in particular, the sharp downhiller was one of them.

All in all, a very solid course and the designer clearly has a lot of skill.  I think that with a few pointers and the efforts aimed in the right direction and we could see a stunning course come for his next efforts.  Try and look at each tee shot to make them look as good as you can, preferably including some of your skilled detail work in the background and it will take you a long way.
Full Courses:
Royal Brumby
Tye Dunes II
Tye Dunes
Marazion Golf Club

space-cash