Mouse bug ?

• 5 Replies

Henry Hatch

• GroupMember
« on: March 21, 2016, 12:38:26 PM »
I don't know what this is but it is driving me crazy. I was having a problem getting 100% swings using my mouse and thought I fixed the problem when I disconnected my joystick. Now the problem is back. I started to play a course and all of a sudden I was getting swings that ranged from 60% to mid 90's. When I swung I made sure the club was all the way back. However, when I watched the replay the club did not go all the way back. I tried pulling the mouse back even further on the back swing and that did not help. The only way I could get 100% was to swing very hard on the down swing. I then went back my practice hole that I made in gncd and every swing was 100% making my normal swing. I played the course again and same problem. First swing was 78%.  I went back again to my practice hole and all swings were 100%. I have tried adjusting dpi and sensitivity without success. I have noticed that this problem seems more acute on certain courses so much so that I had to withdraw from a TGC Tours event.

PinHi

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:37:22 PM »
I am no expert - I would say this has to be in your setup somehow. What do you have running in background - anti-virus can sometimes cause problems. What are your graphic settings in game. What are your settings in mouse sensitivity in your control panel and in game. Has to be something like that - as it doesn't seem to be an issue with most. I would look at these things I mentioned and keep tweaking - a little bit at a time. Someone with computer savy may come bye and give a lot better advice than this. In meantime if you were able to play it before okay - then it most likely is at your end as no changes have taken place (that I know of) in the game itself. Hope you find the problem.   :)

Kentish Dave

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:05 PM »
Having serious issues with the mouse now, when I first started using the mouse no problem, but over the last few days the swing is erratic, getting as low as 51% power, never know when its going to happen, have tried everything to sort it even run the game in low res, pointer speed, getting stutters when the ball is rolling on the greens, would that be a server problem???.. anyway abandoning any tgc tour comps while this is ongoing just not worth it...

Henry Hatch

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:14:47 PM »
Sorry you're back in the muck. At the moment my mouse is fine except for 2 courses. When I play them everything falls apart. Almost impossible to get 100%. I have no idea what would cause this. As long as the problem is limited to just a few courses I'll just let it ride. However, I can play the 2 problem courses with no problem if I use my wired x box 360 controller. I've been using a mouse for golf games for years and don't want to change unless there is no other alternative.

Kentish Dave

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 06:47:16 PM »
just played a tree lined course with no problems, but to do that I have to move the mouse very quickly on the back swing as well as the follow through, and to me that does not resemble a proper golf swing at all, chipping and pitching is no problem as I can backswing slowly..

sham63

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 11:19:21 AM »
My mouse swing has turned to junk again. I haven't played in about a month because most of the courses I wanted to play required the newer themes. So today I bought it and tried to play a couple of courses. I could drive at 100%, but not off the fairway. Power would range from 50% to 80% or so. Frustrating to say the least. If HB doesn't want to support mouse properly they should just remove it from the game.

space-cash