handicap counting system

• 2 Replies

BazookaBirdie

« on: April 24, 2016, 03:09:54 AM »
to make it short.. your handicap system is not understandable or clear...(like i post before in another tread) i play it now for a while (about 200 hrs) and i also play golf in real life... (which is very understandable for me..) but your counting system is not clear for me.  :(

Why cant you (you want to be a real golf simulator..) take the existing handicap system? Why did you make your "own"? Let the players begin at Handicap 54.. Like in real life.. And when they are getting better they climb up the system to 0...  :o

Now - it changes from game to game.. thats lousy! cause i was at 0,5 and now i stay at 8,6 but the thing is i played better rounds  with this score and i go up which means in real life i am getting bad?

Also bullsh.... is the regulation to play some courses... I cant play easy courses, or not some of the hardest... cause system said i am "not good enough by handicap regulation"

sorry but for me - this is a miserable mess.. and also a reason more why i dont want to play this game too much now.

also the grafics could be better, this looks not like a golf simulator in 2016..  also the game lags often enough... but its not my pc  - its a good one (I7 Intel - 16 GB ram and also a K9 AMD grafic card with 4 GB ram a Radeon R9!) bought the whole system in december 2015.. it looks for me that hb studios dont fix this existing problems.. flickering trees - square leaks a.s.o. - a.s.o... when this will be solved? Some Users said "no probs" but i have also the newest hotfixes on my pc and have problems sometimes..

i know its critic to the adress of hb studios, but i wonder really that no one of the players her are concerned, are no real golf players here on this board like me?  :-\

BUT a golf simulator needs real golf rules! and this is a fact... and this game have so much potential!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:42:44 AM by BazookaBirdie »

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »
It is the USGA system implemented straight from the rule book... I agree that the european handicap system is better - but that is not HBs fault....

BoomBoom

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 05:57:56 PM »
I'll just comment on the lag. It's the amd graphics card. I have a amd 290, considered to be one of the better graphics cards, the game looks and plays like crap but you can improve the experience.

The latest drivers cause the game to crash to much for me, but can run the game pretty good otherwise, so here is what I have done.

I have an alienware, so I use their stripped down AMD Graphics drivers. I shut everything off, DOP, VSync. Water is set in the middle. Object detail is low etc....

I play by loading the game on low settings, game plays great, no lag anywhere ever, and best, no crashes ever.

I design in the game on medium, again no crashes, if it lags, I know I have put to much on that hole.

So if you have manufacturer drivers, use them, if not, just reduce the settings everywhere.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

space-cash