Ball squirt

• 66 Replies

BoomBoom

« on: May 02, 2016, 07:34:45 PM »
I don't care if you bring this back, which it seams you have, but I really don't like seeing all the 0 putts in the stats on the other platforms.

Fair, only want fair, not some random stuff that does not get applied equally cross all the platforms.

Nuff said.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »
I don't care if you bring this back, which it seams you have, but I really don't like seeing all the 0 putts in the stats on the other platforms.

Fair, only want fair, not some random stuff that does not get applied equally cross all the platforms.

Nuff said.
Hi mate, what are you seeing. We haven't touched anything

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

leslie.sangster

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 08:25:52 PM »
I've had a few squirt left on me in the last few competitions, my line has been only just off centre but the ball looks to be going further left than I would imagine for that kind of accuracy with my swing.
There was next to no wind at the time I hit the shots so I'm discounting wind.

Sent from my iPad

BoomBoom

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 10:43:32 PM »

Nuff said.
Hi mate, what are you seeing. We haven't touched anything

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
Well if you have not changed anything then I will assume it's on my end somewhere. TY for your time to respond. My game controller just died tonight, so maybe it was just dying this morning.

Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

Yeltzman

• http://www.twitter.com/yeltzy
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 01:18:17 AM »
Dont think Ball squirt has ever gone away as it.

HitItLong

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 02:58:45 AM »

I recall Anthony confirmed it was removed a few months ago.
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

stan_solo

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 09:11:56 AM »

I recall Anthony confirmed it was removed a few months ago.

Anthony said they haven't touched anything       ..... maybe Scruff or Smurf  can confirm      ;)

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 09:15:05 AM »
I don't think it was 100% removed but it was greatly reduced from what it once was.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 09:20:44 AM »
I don't think it was 100% removed but it was greatly reduced from what it once was.
Thats seems exactly what has happened. I and others still notice it from time to time but not as often as before. Boom booms point is right though. It is still randomly effecting some ppl, some times but not everyone. The game shud be 100% about skill not who gets the random stuff the least.  Anthony shud just bite the bullet and remove it all together, its pointless.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

BoomBoom

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:09 AM »
Thats seems exactly what has happened. I and others still notice it from time to time but not as often as before. Boom booms point is right though. It is still randomly effecting some ppl, some times but not everyone. The game shud be 100% about skill not who gets the random stuff the least.  Anthony shud just bite the bullet and remove it all together, its pointless.

I pretty much knew it had never been taken out, just reduced. Anthony always carefully words this topic so it pretty much confirmed what I had seen.

My controller was the culprit for what I had seen, all fixed now. But I'm still with smurf on this, only deviation should come from normal stuff like wind gusts, lie, hit etc, not lottery random. Give us those, there is no need for random IMHO.

Plus a ball squirt thread was long overdue. :)
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 09:34:43 AM »
Without being replaced by complexity that produces more variance a random component is better left in.

smurfblade1988

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:45:53 AM »

I pretty much knew it had never been taken out, just reduced. Anthony always carefully words this topic so it pretty much confirmed what I had seen.

My controller was the culprit for what I had seen, all fixed now. But I'm still with smurf on this, only deviation should come from normal stuff like wind gusts, lie, hit etc, not lottery random. Give us those, there is no need for random IMHO.

Plus a ball squirt thread was long overdue. :)
Anthony said for TGC2 (its wat he meant) that there be 0 random **** in the game so i dnt see the point in havin it in any form in TGC. My biggest issue with it is thats little between so many of the best TGCT players that tournys are being decided by so little tat a simple ball squirt that turns a 10ft putt into a 20ft putt can decide who wins. Thats not right.

Cmon Anthony I know u agree with us here

smurfblade1988

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 09:48:19 AM »
Without being replaced by complexity that produces more variance a random component is better left in.
We may aswell jus go play pure holdem if we want a game based on chance and  random. This is supposed to be a skill based video game. Just because the game isnt as hard as you wud like doesn mean "ah sure we'll throw in this random component that doesn effect everybody the same" to make it right. We dont want lottery golf and im sure very very few ppl do.

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 10:12:17 AM »
Must be one of the few. I have never experienced ball squirt.

BoomBoom

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 10:24:58 AM »
Have to agree with you smurf.

Some people just want other peoples scores to rise, artificial difficulty is pointless.

When the squirt was reduced the game enjoyment climbed for me significantly, not because my scores got better, but because the potential for better scores increased with more practice. It gave me a sense of direction, a sense of I could, with work, smart practice play the game better and maybe give the big boys a run.

Random unexplainable deviation just gives me a sense of "why bother". That's not golf IMHO. Even in RL, guys who strive to improve will beat balls and learn and practice different shots in an attempt to get better, some wont, but some will. It's about the goals of different people, different strokes for different folks so to speak. However improvement in RL is always available to everyone.

You can't practice random deviation away. That takes away a significant part of the enjoyment I get from the game.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Glen Abbey GC

space-cash