Ball squirt

• 66 Replies

HB_KeithC

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 01:34:49 PM »
Plus like most ofthese games the games not easy in general. 99% of ppl who play this game dont find it easy. Its only the 1% who put enormous amounts of effort to learn the game who may call it easy. I think im right in sayin the average rnd score in this game since its inception is +1....that shows it aint easy for a golf video game.

Excited for more Dev Diaries!

Excellent, you should be able to read another new one this week!

ajl5313

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 01:37:42 PM »
Plus like most ofthese games the games not easy in general. 99% of ppl who play this game dont find it easy. Its only the 1% who put enormous amounts of effort to learn the game who may call it easy. I think im right in sayin the average rnd score in this game since its inception is +1....that shows it aint easy for a golf video game.

Excited for more Dev Diaries!

Excellent, you should be able to read another new one this week!

BOOM shocka locka! 

Keith, you're everywhere bud!
Dusty posts...then you do...then Dusty...

You have it covered!    ;)

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 02:22:13 PM »
 :o sarcasm and irony all in one thread  ;D

ajl5313

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 02:28:35 PM »
:o sarcasm and irony all in one thread  ;D

Trying to keep things easy for you bro..
 ;)

Anthony Kyne

• Producer -- @AnthonyKyne
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 06:41:26 PM »
Re Ball Squirt. It's removed and has been for months. If you can show me the shots you've seen it in I'll dissect and tell you what caused it. But it's gone.
Also I think we're the only game in the history of golf games that now doesn't have that bit of random. I haven't seen one without it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

stan_solo

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 07:08:59 PM »
Good riddance 

Brighttail

• GroupMember
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 07:45:19 PM »
Re Ball Squirt. It's removed and has been for months. If you can show me the shots you've seen it in I'll dissect and tell you what caused it. But it's gone.
Also I think we're the only game in the history of golf games that now doesn't have that bit of random. I haven't seen one without it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I haven't seen squirt as I have known it for a while now.  What I do see tho is hitting a drive and the ball immediately seems to start with the wind.   On a well hit ball the ball seems to just start left on wind that blows right to left instead of going forward a bit then letting the wind take it.

I go back to what you and I talked about earlier, Anthony.  I am pretty convinced that what I'm seeing on the game isn't always what actually is happening.

I heard that today with Keith's rounds, there was a miss 0 inches away.  Normally the lowest you can get is 2-3 inches away.  There used to be the 1 inch bug if you were in a tourney and quit out before hitting your 1st tee off shot, you'd be put back to the 18th green with a 1 inch putt.  This was the same when i made a putt and a chip, saw it go into the hole, heard it hit the bottom but was placed 1 inch away. So I think the 1 inch thing is a bug detector.

I have a conspiracy question tho to Anthony.  Being that you can push things out to the PC platform without a full update, do you all ever test/tweak things from time to time, like chipping, flopping ect?  I ask cause every now and then there will be a period of a round or two when things just seem off, as if I'm having to relearn a shot that I've played thousands of times before.  Then next round it is all perfect again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 07:54:46 PM by Brighttail »

karma4u

• GroupMember
  • I know a little german
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2016, 02:36:25 AM »
Old golfers, fondly reminiscing..........gotta love it........ ::)   ;D 

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 04:51:13 AM »
Why does this always spiral into a "hard" versus "easy" discussion? It's not the same as more depth.

The one thing this game cannot reasonably represent is the golf swing - due to the input device. It could pretty much simulate the environment and the relative difficulty of different shots to a fairly accurate level. Certainly more accurate than it does today. This would add depth and complexity for the advanced players without making it "harder" for the casual player.

TGC is already one of the few golf games that focus on the challenge of the environment over swing execution. That's great - but take it all the way.

The difference between crap and world class in golf is not that big in absolute numbers. It's not that hard to learn how to hit the ball fairly straight and consistent in golf. Leading to hit it really straight and consistent is however really difficult.

Making the dispersion a tad bit more on near straight shots while keeping it similar for larger misses together with fixing the short game mechanic such that shortsiding yourself in the heavy rough is not an automatic up and down would balance the game better. Add a deeper more realistic environment and it's complete...

We've been at this before - Smurf. Neither of us want random. The only difference in out arguments are that you are OK with shooting -15 on a regular basis while I despise it.

HitItLong

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 07:00:22 AM »
I don't think it was 100% removed but it was greatly reduced from what it once was.
Thats seems exactly what has happened. I and others still notice it from time to time but not as often as before. Boom booms point is right though. It is still randomly effecting some ppl, some times but not everyone. The game shud be 100% about skill not who gets the random stuff the least.  Anthony shud just bite the bullet and remove it all together, its pointless.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I pretty much knew it had never been taken out, just reduced. Anthony always carefully words this topic so it pretty much confirmed what I had seen.

Yeah, you knew ............................ LOL  ::)
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

HitItLong

« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 07:03:32 AM »
I don't think it was 100% removed but it was greatly reduced from what it once was.
Thats seems exactly what has happened. I and others still notice it from time to time but not as often as before. Boom booms point is right though. It is still randomly effecting some ppl, some times but not everyone. The game shud be 100% about skill not who gets the random stuff the least.  Anthony shud just bite the bullet and remove it all together, its pointless.

What exactly did you and others notice .........LOL, and Boom Boom was what, RIGHT?, yeah sure ................
FirstBlitzer Au on Xbox One

smurfblade1988

« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 07:25:25 AM »
Why does this always spiral into a "hard" versus "easy" discussion? It's not the same as more depth.

The one thing this game cannot reasonably represent is the golf swing - due to the input device. It could pretty much simulate the environment and the relative difficulty of different shots to a fairly accurate level. Certainly more accurate than it does today. This would add depth and complexity for the advanced players without making it "harder" for the casual player.

TGC is already one of the few golf games that focus on the challenge of the environment over swing execution. That's great - but take it all the way.

The difference between crap and world class in golf is not that big in absolute numbers. It's not that hard to learn how to hit the ball fairly straight and consistent in golf. Leading to hit it really straight and consistent is however really difficult.

Making the dispersion a tad bit more on near straight shots while keeping it similar for larger misses together with fixing the short game mechanic such that shortsiding yourself in the heavy rough is not an automatic up and down would balance the game better. Add a deeper more realistic environment and it's complete...

We've been at this before - Smurf. Neither of us want random. The only difference in out arguments are that you are OK with shooting -15 on a regular basis while I despise it.
I understand u want scores to relflect real life as much as possible and thats fine. I just dont think its feasible in a golf video game. Im all for making some things more difficult that may make some ppls scores worse a little bit.

Iv said it before if TGC was pure sim where it was so difficult tat shooting -1 was a great achievement HB wudn have got 10% of the sales they got for this game. In the main ppl want to be able to do things they cant do IRL wit video games not replicate their IRL experience otherwise they may aswell jus go play real golf.

What u need is another small company to make the pure sim u want because TGC will never be as difficult as u want it to be. When we get TGC 2 and we have a few changes like the swing tempo, numbers muddied up you will still not be happy because the best players will still shoot in the 50s on easy courses.

BoomBoom

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 07:31:46 AM »

Why is he shooting -15.

Because he is better at using the shot shaper, judging the effect the wind will have, the effect the lie will have, has practiced and mastered all the shots, makes proper golf management decisions, judges green speed, green break better.

As I said before, most of the fun I have in this game, is figuring out all that stuff.

Add more stuff to figure out, great, but keep random out.

Random just rewards the lazy person who has no interest in figuring all this stuff out.
Courses Created:
Coastal Taipan
Rattlesnake Pointe
Bethpage State Park Black Course
Glen Abbey GC
Horned Viper GC (Gold Tees)
Thousand Islands Golf and CC

Why do i play with a female avatar? Because I would rather look at an ugly female than a pretty male.....

smurfblade1988

« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2016, 07:36:35 AM »

Why is he shooting -15.

Because he is better at using the shot shaper, judging the effect the wind will have, the effect the lie will have, has practiced and mastered all the shots, makes proper golf management decisions, judges green speed, green break better.

As I said before, most of the fun I have in this game, is figuring out all that stuff.

Add more stuff to figure out, great, but keep random out.

Random just rewards the lazy person who has no interest in figuring all this stuff out.
Exactly

Dusty Roads

• GroupMember
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 07:59:04 AM »
In agreement with smurf and boom boom.

No matter how hard it becomes, the best will still be better and the worst will quit from frustration.

space-cash