St. Andrews Links - Old Course

• 63 Replies

theclv24

« on: May 09, 2016, 10:43:51 PM »
I'm finding that I can't resist working on this one. The Google Earth images of the course are pretty fuzzy, so getting a perfect overhead outline will be difficult. Because of this, I am taking a slightly different approach and starting to do some detail work immediately. I am finding that the photos and streetview in Google Earth is making up for the fuzzy overheads.

I will offer more info and maybe ask for some help with some stuff soon, but for now here is the area around the 1st tee and 18th green.

TeeJay0218

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:46:06 PM »
Ill link some videos to this thread. I also have links 03. and tiger woods '13 versions of St. Andys

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

PGA Tour Founder/President
Playstation 4's Premier Sim Society!
Play the way the pros do, green grids and scout cam off.

theclv24

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 11:56:33 PM »
Ill link some videos to this thread. I also have links 03. and tiger woods '13 versions of St. Andys

I have Links, Rory, and WGT, so I think I'm pretty stocked in that regard. Although I guess more info with TW couldn't hurt.

One thing I would love to do but not sure where to get good info is the Himalayas course.

McBogga

• GroupMember
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 12:28:56 AM »
Nice to see a St Andrews in the works.

Royce

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 02:32:26 AM »
Stoked to finally see St. Andrew's get proper justice in tgc.  I haven't checked for myself but I bet Crystal Downs has a better view on Google Earth  ;)
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Pablo

• From time to time, I sink a putt.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 06:21:43 AM »
Wow, great news. Top course and top designer. Only good things can happen

Tapatalk this, Tapatalk that... Words
On PS4: Pahblete

TGC 2 Courses:
Petrichor Golf
The Club at Ironhorse
Links del Pinet
The Club at San Agustin (9 holes)
Gauchos de la Quebrada
Renaissance Country Club
TGC1 ported courses:
Golf de la Vallee des Fougeres
The Ancestral Club
Dunas del Pinet
Dehesas Pristinas
TGC1 Courses:
Long time ago

rdh

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 08:55:45 AM »
YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reppdogg

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 12:13:14 PM »
Can't wait to watch this course unfold. Do you have any plans in place for the bunkers out here?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

theclv24

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2016, 01:29:21 PM »
Can't wait to watch this course unfold. Do you have any plans in place for the bunkers out here?

I actually really liked the technique I eventually used at Oakmont for flattening the bunker and building up the sod in front. I doubt I can get an exact feeling of a pot bunker, but I think I can make a pretty reasonable expectation. With my current plan, 17 will probably be the 3rd hole I work on, so I will find out soon enough.

Reppdogg

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »
I'm sure things will turn out awesome as always!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SCL

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 12:31:02 PM »
How do you think your course will differ from the one that is currently making rounds on the list?

Royce

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »
How do you think your course will differ from the one that is currently making rounds on the list?

Ummmm accuracy?
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

theclv24

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »

Hard to say for sure until it's done. Here's two things I know for sure, though:

1. I was disappointed with the accuracy of holes 16 and 17, and probably 11, too. These are some of the most emulated holes on earth, so I think making sure they are accurate as possible is a must.
2. I adamantly believe that this course should be max firm, with medium-slow greens. I've experimented with some of my fictional courses, and I believe it will most accurately represent the course.

leslie.sangster

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 04:42:51 PM »
Are you going to simulate the buildings alongside the 18th fairway?

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

theclv24

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »
Are you going to simulate the buildings alongside the 18th fairway?

If I can, yes. As many as possible.

I don't want FPS to take a hit, though, so it will be an evolving process. Much like tree planting, I'll try to find the best way to place as few buildings as possible, while making it seem like a lot more is there. I'm not sure if it can be done or not, as I've never really tried. We'll see.

space-cash