Bay Hill - Arnold Palmer Invitational ***PUBLISHED NOW***

• 50 Replies

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »
FYI for any other designers out there......Certain houses/clubhouse objects are HEAVY...HEAVY...HEAVY!  I had a handful of these on the course and was nearly out of METER...but after changing them (maybe 10) with different buildings I now have 1/4 meter left.  I should now be able to put houses on each hole that requires them (I had left off two holes on the back nine...just no meter left)  And continue adding trees to the surrounds to help seclude the non-developed areas.

Was going to be disappointing to some level with having to leave things out....but now I'm pumped again, hopeing I can continue to give Arnie the publish he deserves!!!
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Thrangar

« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
FYI for any other designers out there......Certain houses/clubhouse objects are HEAVY...HEAVY...HEAVY!  I had a handful of these on the course and was nearly out of METER...but after changing them (maybe 10) with different buildings I now have 1/4 meter left.  I should now be able to put houses on each hole that requires them (I had left off two holes on the back nine...just no meter left)  And continue adding trees to the surrounds to help seclude the non-developed areas.

Was going to be disappointing to some level with having to leave things out....but now I'm pumped again, hopeing I can continue to give Arnie the publish he deserves!!!

So what you are saying is because of poor(?) optimizations for some objects you are hampered in you ability to design?
or was it an object size(polys/lod) thing?

If so please complain to HB so this can be fixed.
Proud Member of the sub par club at McKee McGrodo (black Widow)

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2016, 06:06:05 PM »

So what you are saying is because of poor(?) optimizations for some objects you are hampered in you ability to design?
or was it an object size(polys/lod) thing?

If so please complain to HB so this can be fixed.

No need to complain to HB really.  It's a choice to use certain objects by the designer.  The one in particular that was very heavy in the scene was attached previously.  It's one that has tables, chairs, golf carts etc..etc...   It's just a heavy object.  Not sure they could do anymore with it....just be aware when you use it, it does move the meter more than most any object in the game.  (That I've found)

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »
It's been a long time coming....hoping we might get a last min update to allow scaling of trees etc....I put this on hold.  But after the last week or so I pushed through and went for it. 

The METER is FULL, I wish I could have put some more "outer edge" trees and such but wanted to make sure the inner course was all it could be.  The houses was what made the meter go up...but I really wanted that feeling of Bay Hill and what it's all about.  I've been fortunate to play the course a few times and if I don't say so myself.....it's now your turn...as this rendition is spot on!

I was able to pull Green contours from PGA Tour.com and the initial release is Sundays Bay Hill Invitational Pins.

I hope you enjoy it....thanks for any plays it gets.

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2016, 12:25:44 PM »
If your interested here is the published post with final pictures....
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=16174.0

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

PinHi

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2017, 08:46:46 PM »
Just played 4 rounds at Bay Hill - what a gem! Par 72  7352 Yds. Shot 72, 71, 71, 70. In low to med high winds through these 4 round and had a blast. Go play - bring your chipper and putter - they will get a work out. Thank you StormGolf for such a great course. Looking forward to your next gem - no doubt in TGC2.

space-cash