Bay Hill - Arnold Palmer Invitational ***PUBLISHED NOW***

• 50 Replies

rdh

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2016, 12:12:33 PM »
I'm so looking forward to this one...

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
It's amazing how the SCALE of things can change the look and feel of a course so much (as well as camera settings/ FOC etc).  Not even so much the kind of trees and plants etc...just the SCALE.  Having the ability to SCALE things down past 0/Default will be HUGE I think.  Compare this photo to TGC Shots. 
StormGolf73 on PC and XB1

My Courses
TPC Four Seasons - Coming
Bay Hill Club & Lodge - RCR
Trump National Philadelphia - RCR
Southern Hills Country Club - RCR
Galveston Country Club - RCR
The DC Golf Club - Design Contest
The Wicklow Hollow Golf Club
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Royce

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2016, 02:30:10 PM »
It's amazing how the SCALE of things can change the look and feel of a course so much (as well as camera settings/ FOC etc).  Not even so much the kind of trees and plants etc...just the SCALE.  Having the ability to SCALE things down past 0/Default will be HUGE I think.  Compare this photo to TGC Shots.

Downscaling is going to be huge, being able to create that unique & custom depth of field should take courses it an entire new level, at least with the more open parkland styles.  I cannot wait!
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Reppdogg

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2016, 10:52:12 PM »
I remember when this game released I was slightly disappointed about not having many RCR...Oh how 2016 has changed my opinion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »
Making my way through the front nine with initial sculpting.  Have put the slopes into the greens and play testing is a blast!    Really like having the Strakaline screen grabs from the PGATour website.  Going to make this one extra special!

Hole 5, the front of the green has a small CUP section in the front...falls off in the back left to a chipping area and the entire back right of the green falls away from you!  Makes this short par 4 a beast!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:49:48 PM by StormGolf73 »

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Reppdogg

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2016, 09:19:12 AM »
Looking really good. Only thing I'm concerned about are the houses on console versions for the frame rate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Royce

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »
Looking really good. Only thing I'm concerned about are the houses on console versions for the frame rate.

Did you have any framerate issues on Oakland Hills, because I used 45 houses on the course exterior in total (red planting meter was approximately 80% full)?
XBL Gamertag= Royce Brown CC

TGC2 Completed Courses:
Augusta National Golf Club (members) - (voted 2017 TGC2 course of the year at TGCTours.com!)

TGC2 Works in progress:
Oakland Hills South redo
Pine Valley Golf Club

Reppdogg

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2016, 11:32:24 AM »

Did you have any framerate issues on Oakland Hills, because I used 45 houses on the course exterior in total (red planting meter was approximately 80% full)?
I did not. Oakland Hills is one of the better running courses on XB1. I wonder what exactly it is that slows down certain courses on the console versions.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2016, 12:57:53 PM »
Good to know guys...  Yea I'm already at 50% with planting and don't have all the houses in.  Not sure what I will do when I begin planting the actual trees...which I wont start until the next update...hopefully be getting that mid June.  As I really need to SCALE trees down for the look and feel to be right. 

On galveston country club I had a bunch of houses not even near the course....a line of them along the fence...but quite a few that where behind and really not seen unless overhead shots were seen.  I heard it was BUTTER SMOOTH on everything.  Of course it was Tropical and I think that had a lot to do with it!  Very simple trees in that theme.

I will def. keep an eye on it and wont want it to make things sluggish at all.  I'll get rid of all the houses if I can't get them to work...  Really can't see having just a few here and there....will see...

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2016, 09:34:03 PM »
10 is a good hole.  Fairly short but seems like even the pro's have trouble with it.  Front to back green with an upper and lower tier...bunkers in front deep and brutal...as well as shaved edges along the other three sides! 

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

rdh

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 09:37:24 PM »
I'm so thankful for the work you're putting in on this Storm.  With the quality of your last couple RCRs I'm thrilled to have a storm edition of Bay Hill to look forward to.  Funny that Bay Hill and Muirfield Village were my two top most-wanted RCRs...and you've been working on both.  I owe you several beers if we ever meet in the real world!

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:23 AM »
I'm so thankful for the work you're putting in on this Storm.  With the quality of your last couple RCRs I'm thrilled to have a storm edition of Bay Hill to look forward to.  Funny that Bay Hill and Muirfield Village were my two top most-wanted RCRs...and you've been working on both.  I owe you several beers if we ever meet in the real world!

No worries RDH!  Reebdoog has taken over Jacks Course but I'm working hard on BayHill as you can see.  I really enjoyed playing the course so many years ago.  Based on the google information a few holes have changed from my pictures but alot of it is still the same.  Not the case with Muirfield!  ha.  That place changes every year....

Been fun looking back at my pictures...I took a shot of each hole and where my ball ended up...lol.  I use to hit it RIGHT a lot..lol.

Stay tuned...I'm on the back nine now....

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2016, 11:17:54 AM »
ok I'm now playing the waiting game!  Have all the holes sculpted (roughly) and the greens playing like I want them (for the most part)  I might poke at it here and there but really need to PLANT! and don't want to do that until we get the next update with scaling.  I'll give it until the announcement mid June...hopefully we'll know more then.  Otherwise I might release a BETA that can be played...not sure how I feel about that...

Anyway, have a great Memorial Day for those in America..and a great weekend for everyone else!

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

Reppdogg

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2016, 07:34:20 PM »
I'm down for a beta of this course without trees. If elevations are partly done I think it'd still give the course the feeling of bay hill.

StormGolf73

• GroupMember
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2016, 10:28:26 AM »
I'm down for a beta of this course without trees. If elevations are partly done I think it'd still give the course the feeling of bay hill.

Yea It def. feels like BayHill already....I'm going to do some more to it with fresh eyes (put it down for a week or so)...then I might do a beta.

My Courses
Aster Creek Country Club
Hawktree Golf Club -RCR

space-cash